Do you agree or disagree?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No. (Please comment below)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi. THIS IS NOT ABOUT DOUBLE RANDOM STAGE SELECT.

Can we all agree on this level select change?

As P2, you should automatically have your stage select maker active (the same as P1 has right from the start) instead of having to press 3 to begin taking part in the stage select decision. This means that P1 cannot mash the stage select, leaving you no time to not only select the stage of your choice/random or most importantly, skip the option for competitive mode completely.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
It was like this originally in INJ1, and never caused any problems. Also, I believe P1's cursor is always random when the screen comes up, so even if they're mashing, stage selection still ends up being random.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So from a feedback statement, I feel like the pop-up menu system is a bit more confusing. I notice that a lot of people press Square (on PS4) to open the giant settings menu, but then attempt to press X afterward to signal "Ok; I confirm these settings" and end up selecting a stage instead.

Having both the options menu and the stage selection options be active at the same time, while flexible, is a little counterintuitive.

I'm used to it now but can definitely see where it causes confusion for players with less experience.

trufenix

bye felicia
Just from a random online warrior standpoint, I can say I think statistically speaking WAY more p1s get hung out to dry by p2s that accidentally tap in on stage select and then just fall asleep at the wheel, than p2s that get out mashed by p1 and never get a pick.

I mean even if p2 had a say, it'd still be a 50/50 that the mash stage is selected. If you're really fighting someone whose a stage gangster and you can't just say or message him that you'd like to pick just once just you know, don't play with that guy anymore.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This is mainly about getting the chance to select competitive move as P2.

If P1 mashes the level select and you switch off for a second, you can lose the opportunity to even select competitive, as having your P2 stage select option open won't let the game start right away until both players have decided on a stage.

That is the reason both P1 and P2 should have the option to select stage right from the go, its not about the double random thing. We sorted that from Injustice 1.