What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Seeing people list their top 5's with no reasons given is astounding considering the OP says "discuss". Sorry guys, I'm trying to speed past the bullshit and get to the discussion. (And no, I don't have a top 5, because I'm free and everyone beats me equally so I have no say)

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Characters with Top 5 ability

Black Adam, Superman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Zod, Batgirl, Lantern, Sinestro, Frost, Batman, Raven, Wonder Woman, Flash, Doomsday, New Lobo...

This discussion is ridiculous, and this game is awesome in my eyes. The amount of amazing characters seems off the charts, and even the "bad" characters arent that bad.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Playing Zod for a while has had me buying in to him being top 3...but that depends if you do the maximum damage he is capable of...and he is capable of it.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
It blows me away every time I see a top 5 list without Aquaman. We had like one week right before the patch where everyone talked about him, and now he's going basically forgotten again. There were arguably only two things holding him down before the patch and their names were Black Adam and Superman. That issue has now essentially gone away. His arguable top representative frequently says Aquaman is a top three character even with full recognition of what his weaknesses are in the same breath, so I have to wonder what else people even want before they start respecting the prowess of that character.

I'm great up close, have amazing mobility, counter-zoning, damage everywhere, and great space control... and my zoning is too good for my everything tier: black adam, superman, mmh

My trait is excessively, game breakingly cheap, good luck getting in if you don't outzone me, my mixups are great and i have some of th emost lopsided fights in the game tier: aquaman, batman, zod

Good luck zoning me, good lucking blocking me tier: killer frost, flash, batgirl (catwoman???)

I am pretty good all -around, very competitive but not excessively broken in anyway tier: wonder woman(she's the strongest of this tier along wiht gl), green lantern, sinestro, deathstroke, green arrow nightwing

Good lukc if your cornered, you play by my rules, and i'm one dimensional, wait a second am i sub-zero tier: bane, doomsday, cyborg, grundy

You can't really zone me, but you can turtle me tier: hawkgirl, lobo, raven, harley, shazam

random bananas and pancakes, if you screw up once i'm snowball your ass: lex luthor, ares, zatanna, joker

i'm still good, nobody plays me, wait second: do i belong in the good luck zoning me and blocking me i have vortex tier?: scorpion

this how game is, no top 5, pick poison

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Well here it come my reasons... <3

*Martian Manhunter
-very good zoning
-Very solid air and ground control (he can actually control both at the same time)
-A safe way to get in
-legit and safe wake up
-great range on every normal with trait on
-Anti Airs (at least with trait, i'm not sure if he oes without trait)
-Frame traps
-Footsies
-Set Ups
-High damage
-good jump ins
-Air dash
-i guess he has no losing MUs & if he does i doubt they are more than 2
-Great dash

*Aquaman
-Frame traps
-A trait that can save him from almost anything
-Good zoning
-Footsies
-The best AA in the game
-good jump ins
-Anti zoning game
-15% on chip guaranteed for 1 bar on pressure
-High damage
-Almost no losing MU's
-Very good dash

*Wonder Woman
-Great range on her normals
-A 1 frame parry that gives her damage boost
-The best corner game in the game (at least a top 3 corner game)
-Frame traps
-Mix ups
-Anti zoning
-Air dash
-Great range in her normals
-Air control
-Great AA
-Great meterless damage
-D3
-Great jump ins
-OTG
-A trait that reduces chip damage
-Great dash

*Zod
-The best traitin the game
-Full screen 50/50's
-Great damage
-Footsies
-The best dash in the game (i guess)
-Amazing zoning
-Amazing air and ground control (he can control the whole screen)
-Maybe a few losing mu's
-A 1 frame parry
-Legit wake up
-Mix ups
-Frame traps (with trait)
-Chip guaranteed with trait on

*Killer Frost
-Amazing ground control
-Great dash
-An air dash that has more range than other air dashes
-mix ups
-50/50
-Meterless vortex
-High damage
-A safe way to get in
-Good zoning
-Frame traps
-A 1 frame parry that gives full combo if you MB it
-B1 beats a lot of wake ups
-AA

DarkPage

Noob
I havnt seen much zod stuff besides just some tech vids or wonderchef at WNF occasionally stream, pigofthehut a few times at Atlanta kombat stream. Havnt really seen much application of his good stuff really. So ima say 1. MMH - dude just feels like hes got everything he needs to win any match up.
2. Aquaman - pretty much the same applies, plus that awesome trait. high damage, talking to fish n shit.
3. Batman- trait reminds me of like sentinel drones assist in marvel or like a shitty doom hidden missiles. j2 is amazing. flashy looking combos. meter burn batarangs, pretty awesome zoning too.
4. Could get castrated but ill say Green Lantern (these are just based on my exp, and there are allot of green lanterns) - dude is made for top players who always dropped combos come tournament time, super easy to learn, Ive been raped so early in injustice's life by green lanterns that I almost lose right at character select just mentally.
5.Gosh idk.. I suppose Flash just high dmg good mix ups, can stay close to you, plus strings, just all around good.
6. Superman just cause.
would say WW 7 after supes but shes a bit overrated to me, but i could just be bad lol, but honestly she makes about 5 good reads in a match and you've lost. also tight toned legs and glutes.

I wonder.. does anyone here even know anything about Aquaman? Or do they just see his trait lol...

A lot of ppl get hit with mix ups that arent mix ups, and frame traps that arent frame traps. they also don't punish him correctly. Is he top? yes.. but none of you actually know why.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
I wonder.. does anyone here even know anything about Aquaman? Or do they just see his trait lol...

A lot of ppl get hit with mix ups that arent mix ups, and frame traps that arent frame traps. they also don't punish him correctly. Is he top? yes.. but none of you actually know why.
tell us why uncle tom

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
MHH:no bad match ups. decent zoning & decent rush down.
zod: pig of the hut said he was top five.
superman: great zoning, best pressure.
Black Adam: great zoning and pressure.
Lobo: can end pressire with safe low or overhead, you guess wrong and you eat 15% damage. he will have you guessing the entire match. will he tick throw? if you jump he might go for his air grab. blackdash? how about overhead special?. 28% mid distance punish.

Martian Manhunter, Zod and Aquaman are LOCKED top 3. Unquestionable.

4th and 5th is debatable. But it's between Black Adam, Killer Frost, Wonder Woman, Batman and Supes.

6 to 30 could be anyone else because there is not a single character in this game that can't become top 15. Bottom 10 only reflects the laziest and shittiest players.

RIF

Noob
S: MMW, Aquaman, WW, Zod, KF, Flash

A: Batgirl, GL, Black Adam, Superman, Batman, Sinestro

The best characters in the game. Doesn't mean they don't have losing match-ups against the others, but they are, IMHO, the best.