What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
No Superman or Black Adam. TRY AGAIN
They are just so 1-dimensional like Frost, that in time I'm pretty sure they'll move down. It's painfully obvious they are good at what they do, but when you only have a handful of tools to use, and those tools get exploited by the opponent, it's going to be hard to get the same amount of damage in as when hardly anyone knew how to deal with them. Speculating of course

Is it ridiculous or too early to think lobo might be top 5 or close with his recent buffs? I feel like WW gets a lot of praise because of her damage output and how a just couple good reads can win her a match, but Lobo's got similar damage capability--if not better--and the mid-range mixup tools as well. He can also easily end any match with 2 traited mb b3s for ~42% unclashable, which seems like a huge asset.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Killer Frost - mid tier according to the Killer Frost community

Zod - mediocre according to m2dave

The Flash - needs three buffs to be tournament viable according to CD Jr.

Black Adam - low tier according to Rico Suave

... which leaves MMH as the only true top tier character in the game.
lol glad you stuck with zod and gave him a chance. your zod is coming on along nicely. ggs yesterday btw

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Another thing I wonder - while MMH and Zod have great tools, I don't know if they're really going to ever crack enough of the ease of use barrier to have big results. They have a lot more things going on at once and compared to a character whose gameplan is more direct and simple that may hold them down over the long run. I'm iffy on calling either one true top 5 material because they're going to need to be shaken out over time.

It doesn't help that neither character has very much representation at the moment, either. There's only a couple of Zods around, and MMH players are even more rare.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Is it ridiculous or too early to think lobo might be top 5 or close with his recent buffs? I feel like WW gets a lot of praise because of her damage output and how a just couple good reads can win her a match, but Lobo's got similar damage capability--if not better--and the mid-range mixup tools as well. He can also easily end any match with 2 traited mb b3s for ~42% unclashable, which seems like a huge asset.
Nope. WW, MMH and Zod are years ahead of Lobo. The main reason is because his normals suck so bad its ridiculous. His 12 is ass in terms of hit box and range properties and his 21 whiffs at certain distances against certain characters who are crouching (prime example is WW) and he can be punished by a full combo. His pump shot buffs are awesome, yes, but top 5? No, not by a long shot. His throw setups are all gimmicky and can be easily avoided by someone who knows the MU. His unclashable damage and damage in general is a game changer but that isnt enough imo.

zaf

professor
Cleaned up the thread a bit. There was not as much to clean as normal which is refreshing. =]
mainly zyphox posting gifs lol... If you want to respond kenny, use words and thoughts!!!
Pig I deleted your picture. Only because I want to try a new approach with pure discussion. For the most part that is all this thread has, which is awesome.

For anyone who asks "why is m2dave untouchable" for not touching his post......
he isn't ..... he gets infracts just like anyone else. his post was with who he believes to be top 5 and those characters are relevant to the topic.
his reasoning is satirical but that is the best we will get out of dave. its that or ... ya know... the usual.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Top 5 NPO:

MMH
Zod
AM
WW

Last place is debatable between Flash, KF, BG and yes, i am going to say it, Solomon Grundy.

MMH:

Best anti-zoner in the game.
Excellent damage.
Good range on his attacks, especially with trait on.
Great air and ground mobility.
Very good comeback potential.
Great normals and specials.

Zod:

One of the best, if not the best, trait in the game.
50/50 full screen mix ups which lead to a shit load of damage, if he has trait on.
He can easily dictate the pace of the match in his favor vs the majority of the cast, if he has trait on.
Can control the entire screen.
Good damage with meter and without.
Decent wake up game.
Good normals and specials.

Wonder Woman:

Most complete character in the game along with AM and MMH. End of story.

Aquaman:

All i have to say about this fucker is that the way he controls every part of the screen is broken beyond repair.
Excellent damage.
Excellent zoning.
Excellent trait.
Excellent normals and specials.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yes. Very good games.

Your Martian Manhunter is pretty solid, but I have a problem with a safe teleport leading to 38% of damage.

Perhaps I will complain about it some day.
Can't you just walk forward on reaction and punish it with 112 MB laser? And it is 39% or 40% with a jump in :]

RiBBz22

They are just so 1-dimensional like Frost, that in time I'm pretty sure they'll move down. It's painfully obvious they are good at what they do, but when you only have a handful of tools to use, and those tools get exploited by the opponent, it's going to be hard to get the same amount of damage in as when hardly anyone knew how to deal with them. Speculating of course
I don't agree at all that Black Adam and Supes are 1-dimensional. I mean look at Superman, he can zone and rush-down, that is 2 dimensions right there...They both have great footsie tools, awesome traits, huge damage, and excellent mobility. There is a reason they got nerfed, lol.

batgirl has to deal with aquaman, I dont think killer frost has any bad matchups of that kind
edit: imo no way superman is top 5 now if black adam isn't.

Top 5 imo: frost, batgirl, mmh are unarguably top 5 imo
I co-main BG so don't take this as me trashing her because I do think she is top 10 for sure. How the heck can she be top 5 when she loses to multiple top 5 characters and gets beaten badly by Aquaman??? She loses to AM, SM, and KF imo. KF went from being even to 6-4 after the patch because the d1 being parry-able now is a huge deal.

I don't agree at all that Black Adam and Supes are 1-dimensional. I mean look at Superman, he can zone and rush-down, that is 2 dimensions right there...They both have great footsie tools, awesome traits, huge damage, and excellent mobility. There is a reason they got nerfed, lol.

I co-main BG so don't take this as me trashing her because I do think she is top 10 for sure. How the heck can she be top 5 when she loses to multiple top 5 characters and gets beaten badly by Aquaman??? She loses to AM, SM, and KF imo. KF went from being even to 6-4 after the patch because the d1 being parry-able now is a huge deal.

does she still lose to superman? but batgirl is just ridicilous against the majority of the cast imo and iif you just picked a secondary for those matchups it wouldnt be a problem

I'm pretty sure Killer Frost and Solomon Grundy are way better than Batgirl and Flash.

I mean Batgirl and Flash are kinda one dimensional. They just want to get in dat ass and do their little gimmicks. If they can't get in or maintain momentum they are done which means they have a considerable amount of bad matchups.

Grundy has problem matchups too but at least he has armor on Walking Corpse cancels and his chain throw that reduces chip is GODLIKE considering the round system. He can easily take the life lead with one combo or reset then sit on it for the rest of the match and force zoners to come to him. That's really huge for a grappler.

Imagine if Zangief had Grundy's trait. Zero chip from tiger shots, Sagat has to rushdown Gief. GGs Bonchan!

RiBBz22

does she still lose to superman? but batgirl is just ridicilous against the majority of the cast imo and iif you just picked a secondary for those matchups it wouldnt be a problem
For sure you would be fine, but the point is that she is probably outside of the top 5 due to those MU's. Saying she is just out of the top 5 isn't trashing the character. She is awesome.