What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

Shawi

Noob
I wonder.. does anyone here even know anything about Aquaman? Or do they just see his trait lol...

A lot of ppl get hit with mix ups that arent mix ups, and frame traps that arent frame traps. they also don't punish him correctly. Is he top? yes.. but none of you actually know why.
Arogance level has exceeded any possible scale here. Your comment provides no help to anyone. If people here wanted to play a guessing game they'd have gone and played rock paper scissors.

I think Superman is still top 5 alongside MMH, Zod, Flash and Wonder woman. MMH and Zod by general conensus seem to be a lock.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I'm pretty sure Killer Frost and Solomon Grundy are way better than Batgirl and Flash.

I mean Batgirl and Flash are kinda one dimensional. They just want to get in dat ass and do their little gimmicks. If they can't get in or maintain momentum they are done which means they have a considerable amount of bad matchups.

Grundy has problem matchups too but at least he has armor on Walking Corpse cancels and his chain throw that reduces chip is GODLIKE considering the round system. He can easily take the life lead with one combo or reset then sit on it for the rest of the match and force zoners to come to him. That's really huge for a grappler.

Imagine if Zangief had Grundy's trait. Zero chip from tiger shots, Sagat has to rushdown Gief. GGs Bonchan!
Dude! the BG downplaying is serious!

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
How have so many people played every matchup with every character at a high level in just weeks? Let alone calculating those into a chart.....I'm not even good enough to play 1 character at high level against the entire cast :/

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Real top 5-MMH, Batgirl, Superman, Black Adam, Killer Frost

No order except for MMH, he's definitely the best.

Top 5 from the POV of a GL player- Cyborg, Deathstroke, Batgirl, MMH, Superman (These 5 keep GL from top 5 imo)

Killer frost (has a vortex)
Batgirl (has a vortex)
Aquaman (gets out of vortexes)
Green Lantern (b13 is still ridiculous)
Deathstroke (great zoning)

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
IMO. . . . Top 5 no order.

1.) Superman. His f23, his mix-ups, his damage off of 1 bar, his trait, and his lasers allows him to play any game, any match up, and any play style you can think of. This guy can literally do it all.

2.) Doomsday. Contrary to popular belief, if you fight a good doomsday, you'll find that this guy is a beast. With Mb Air Venom, and air grab, he controls a relatively good portion of his air. He also has a dangerously large hitbox on his f23 combo, allowing for some pretty good footsies. His trait makes all combos punishable mid combo, and he can punish any zoner with mb supernova. When playing at high level, your best defense against this guy is to play his game, and attack when the player slips up. Worst matchups are GL, Sinestro, and Zod. Those at worst are 6-4s that can be shifted to 5-5s with positioning, trait management, and wake up mindgames. His earth shaker is an added bonus.

3.) Martian Manhunter. Has the same things Superman has, but with a teleport. . . I don't care what anyone says, unless you're Ms.Cleo, you are not predicting that teleport to the point where you are punshing it. Especially if the MMH players wise up and back dash after the overhead teleport, making it that much more safer on block. His trait makes rushing him down a pain, and he has a solid mixup game.

4.) Zod. Best zoner in the game. And by zoner, I don't mean full screen projectile spamming. This guy can controll all areas of the screen, conditioning, you to counter by going to another part of the screen. And that's where the fun begins. If you are mid-full screen, you are definitely going to have some issues. No matter who you are. Zod's trait just adds to this, while also allowing you to rush down the character, completely switching up his play style, mid battle.With a decent cool down, High level zod's are able to control the battle at all times.

5.) Aquaman. Aquaman's spacing and 1 bar 35-40% combos are scary in itself. But that's just offence. His trait allows him to play a very defensive game. Stopping Injustice's core method of damage combos. Yes, you can pop him up, but the opponent knowing that's what you're going for, severely hampers your advantage of surprise. Playing aquaman defensively will awaken his true potential, and make every single matchup at the worst, 5-5.

Just recently got into fighting games, and I'm an addict. This analysis was made from my experience alone, and can very well be debatable. Injustice is a very balanced game, and these characters can be swapped and tiered infinitely. Check out my thoughts, and let me get some feed back.

Reactions: Tzu
Arogance level has exceeded any possible scale here. Your comment provides no help to anyone. If people here wanted to play a guessing game they'd have gone and played rock paper scissors.

I think Superman is still top 5 alongside MMH, Zod, Flash and Wonder woman. MMH and Zod by general conensus seem to be a lock.
well if people would actually try to learn a character before talking like they know said character there wouldnt be any problem. Brady has said multiple times that aquaman isn't the way you guys think he is but all most of you see is the trait and the gimmicks.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
everything i do is safe. only thing that fucks me up are my own awkward inputs: ice bitch, babs

i ain't gotta do a damn thing...so come at me bro: superman, dictator, alien dudekiller, oceanguy, doz

STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE: Barry Allen

Edited*

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
IMO. . . . Top 5 no order.

1.) Superman. His f23, his mix-ups, his damage off of 1 bar, his trait, and his lasers allows him to play any game, any match up, and any play style you can think of. This guy can literally do it all.

2.) Doomsday. Contrary to popular belief, if you fight a good doomsday, you'll find that this guy is a beast. With Mb Air Venom, and air grab, he controls a relatively good portion of his air. He also has a dangerously large hitbox on his f23 combo, allowing for some pretty good footsies. His trait makes all combos punishable mid combo, and he can punish any zoner with mb supernova. When playing at high level, your best defense against this guy is to play his game, and attack when the player slips up. Worst matchups are GL, Sinestro, and Zod. Those at worst are 6-4s that can be shifted to 5-5s with positioning, trait management, and wake up mindgames. His earth shaker is an added bonus.

3.) Martian Manhunter. Has the same things Superman has, but with a teleport. . . I don't care what anyone says, unless you're Ms.Cleo, you are not predicting that teleport to the point where you are punshing it. Especially if the MMH players wise up and back dash after the overhead teleport, making it that much more safer on block. His trait makes rushing him down a pain, and he has a solid mixup game.

4.) Zod. Best zoner in the game. And by zoner, I don't mean full screen projectile spamming. This guy can controll all areas of the screen, conditioning, you to counter by going to another part of the screen. And that's where the fun begins. If you are mid-full screen, you are definitely going to have some issues. No matter who you are. Zod's trait just adds to this, while also allowing you to rush down the character, completely switching up his play style, mid battle.With a decent cool down, High level zod's are able to control the battle at all times.

5.) Aquaman. Aquaman's spacing and 1 bar 35-40% combos are scary in itself. But that's just offence. His trait allows him to play a very defensive game. Stopping Injustice's core method of damage combos. Yes, you can pop him up, but the opponent knowing that's what you're going for, severely hampers your advantage of surprise. Playing aquaman defensively will awaken his true potential, and make every single matchup at the worst, 5-5.

Just recently got into fighting games, and I'm an addict. This analysis was made from my experience alone, and can very well be debatable. Injustice is a very balanced game, and these characters can be swapped and tiered infinitely. Check out my thoughts, and let me get some feed back.

I agree with Zod, AM and MMH. DD is definately not top 5 at this point of the game. Superman as well. Now, dont get me wrong both are really good characters but if you put them against, lets say, WW, KF or BG they have a lot of problems. DD vs KF is a prime example. Imo its DD's worst MU along with Superman. DD imo, ranks 12th to 13th place.

Superman is top 10 for sure. Top 5? Nope. Since they nefed his F2 (and rightfully so), Superman players need to be careful with their spacing now, or they will get blown up hard.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
WoWo is a character that can get in your face easily, has better mixup options than KF because she always has a 5050 AND a crossover attempt after landing even just a B2.
If she guesses wrong, LOL dont matter, always at advantage or range to take another guess. Resets the whole scenario on 1 hit.
36-40% meterless. Always puts you in the corner which is death.

D3.

I'd AT LEAST put her over Aquaman.
DEFINITELY over Batgirl.
Miles ahead of superman pre-patch, especially now.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
WoWo is a character that can get in your face easily, has better mixup options than KF because she always has a 5050 AND a crossover attempt after landing even just a B2.
If she guesses wrong, LOL dont matter, always at advantage or range to take another guess. Resets the whole scenario on 1 hit.
36-40% meterless. Always puts you in the corner which is death.

D3.

I'd AT LEAST put her over Aquaman.
Valid arguments. I feel she struggles against good air control, etc. Zod,batman, sinestro, MMh. Whereas AM does not. But I can definitely see them flip flopping easily for that top 5 position.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Valid arguments. I feel she struggles against good air control, etc. Zod,batman, sinestro, MMh. Whereas AM does not. But I can definitely see them flip flopping easily for that top 5 situation.
iADG
J3 both stances
D2 both stances

Make her wreck people with good air control, thats why she's such a pain in the ass for Black Adam.
B2 B1 and her parry make her strong grounded.