What's new

Let's Kick Shell!!! Have fun re-imagining a new TMNT fighting game!

Noob
I also like your character list, it looks like you've pulled a lot of characters from the comics/roots of Ninja Turtles.

IMO, characters that are a must (Core Roster):

- Leonardo
- Raphael
- Michaelangelo
- Donatello
- Master Splinter
- Casey Jones
- Shredder
- Baxter Stockman (Fly Version)
- Slash
- Metalhead
- Bebop
- Rocksteady
- Leatherhead
- Rat King
- Krang

Also, @pherleece did say he'd like to see April as a fighter. I grew up with April as a reporter, but since the 2nd animated series she's been training with Splinter, so I could see this as an answer to that (I posted this above but I want your opinion):

I grew up with April as a reporter, always being saved by the Turtles. Maybe work her in as training under Splinter, but she'd have to be Dan tier because she's still training. Maybe one of her specials is being "saved" by a random turtle or splinter who comes in and fights for her for a set period of time, making her kind of like a Shang character.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, so the Turtles have been a long obsession of mine and I've ALWAYS wanted a great TMNT fighter. The problem is that TMNT Tournament Fighters on SNES and Genesis were never GREAT. Fun, but not great and actually both games had differences.

Time to have some fun and re-imagine a TMNT fighting game with play styles and characters!

I'll start by saying I would prefer to see a Mortal Kombat-esque style, with 4 attack buttons and a block button. I prefer that over back to block, but if you're on an MK site, I assume most would, LOL.

Dashes, with block cancelling like MK9.

Juggle system like MK.

Chip damage on block like MK.

Meter - Dual meter system similar to SF4 with changes.

Super Meter allows a super move - can cancel from normals and specials into super - fills by doing damage to opponent or opponent blocking moves. Do less damage than Shell moves.

Shell Meter(aka ultra meter/x ray meter) - can cancel from normals and specials into shell move - fills by TAKING damage - acts as a comeback factor move.

EX moves - take away from SHELL meter - need to choose between using EX moves to enhance combos or doing comeback moves.

Breakers - Similar to MK9 with changes:
-take from SUPER meter (3/4 of the meter)
-Can break any grounded combo
-CANNOT break combos when you're in the air(encourages you to look for juggle combos)

Armor - More along the lines of SF4 with armored moves: Each character will also have 1-2 ARMOR BREAKING moves.

*New Addition* - Particularly meant to combat the lack of air combo breakers:
Juggle Protection - This requires full use of SHELL meter: When you enter this state while being juggled, ALL damage done to you will be cut by 50% and the other 50% will be dealt to the opponent. The shell meter acts as a countdown timer and if the opponent lets you fall you REMAIN in this state until the timer ends, you will do 150% damage while only taking 50% yourself, forcing the juggling person to choose between ending his combo or dropping it and taking his chances.

Characters: (I will work on movesets another time/if I feel like it)

Leonardo

Donatello

Michelangelo

Raphael

Splinter - will have a similar moveset to Hamato Yoshi with "Rat" specific moves that HY cannot perform

Hamato Yoshi(Splinter's owner) - will have similar moveset to Splinter with additional moves that Splinter as a rat could not perform.

Shredder - Stronger than Oroku Saki, takes less damage due to armor.

Oroku Saki(Shredder out of his armor) - not as much training, takes more damage, faster character. Similar moveset.

Karai

Venus De Milo (yup, the female ninja turtle from "The Next Mutation") - fights with fans like Kitana(google it)

Casey Jones

Metal Head (robotic Turtle)

Beebop

Rocksteady

Tokka

Rahzar

Foot Ninja (human)

Foot Ninja (robotic) different movesets

Baxter Stockman (fly)

Baxter Stockman (human) - different movesets - This one fights using mainly Mousers

Krang (1980's) - big, giant grappler type character but FAST(due to jetpacks on the back of the body)

Rat King

Slash (1980's) - Turtle mutated by Beebop and Rocksteady - strong enough to have taken on all 4 turtles simultaneously and beat them.

Leatherhead

Antrax

General Traag

Granitor

Tengu Shredder - demon form of Shredder while Oroku Saki was possessed.

Ok, I'm done goofing off at work... have at it! Have fun and STAY CIVIL!

PS - April is specifically NOT included as a fighter. When, in the 1980's cartoon did she do ANYTHING other than get rescued by the turtles? LOL. I would prefer to have April "report" the story mode through clever narrations presented as news reports.
Hello there, how are you? I take it you saw the new turtles pics released today? Looks badass, very MK esque with the dirtier, gritty look imo.

I'd love to see a new TMNT by NRS, the style, grittyness of the universe fits their style perfectly.

Do you watch the current show? It's pretty cool.

Noob
Hello there, how are you? I take it you saw the new turtles pics released today? Looks badass, very MK esque with the dirtier, gritty look imo.

I'd love to see a new TMNT by NRS, the style, grittyness of the universe fits their style perfectly.

Do you watch the current show? It's pretty cool.
I do not watch the new show. I've seen 1 episode and it's very different than the TMNT I remember. That's not bad, its just...different. LOL

pherleece

Woolay
@9.95 i dont usually reply and quote things cause TYM mobile is ass on android. Anyways im talking about the third animated series of TMNT. I also grew up with the ones from the 80s and I actually own all the original seasons so I see where you're coming from. But if this were to come out, it may be based on the most recent animated series which is very good, but it has its differences

Noob
@9.95 i dont usually reply and quote things cause TYM mobile is ass on android. Anyways im talking about the third animated series of TMNT. I also grew up with the ones from the 80s and I actually own all the original seasons so I see where you're coming from. But if this were to come out, it may be based on the most recent animated series which is very good, but it has its differences
True, but this is more of a "re-imagine your dream TMNT Fighting game" thread. The likelihood of this happening is very slim. My idea for April, I think, is a good mix where she can have another character play for her for a period of time, but on her own, she's a bit weak because she's still training.

Oh, and if you own them on DVD, I need to borrow them, LOL

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm a big fan of the core comics/roots of the TMNT and the 1980's cartoon. I would love to see an incorporation of characters from all the Turtles universes though. It would make for more diverse characters and play styles, kind of like Shredder vs. Oroku Saki vs. Tengu Shredder. Each with different play styles based on where they were in training/armor weight/posession, etc, LOL.
Have you seen Turtles Forever? If not, you should definitely watch it. Brings every Turtleverse together. Seeing that idea has happened in a movie, I don't see it being too far fetched to be included in a game too.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Would basic attacks from say the Turtles be via their weapons? For instance would a standard LP for Donatello use his staff or would it use his turtle hand? Would be cool to have stance changes that actually mattered, where the stance change added a weapon. @9.95

Noob
Have you seen Turtles Forever? If not, you should definitely watch it. Brings every Turtleverse together. Seeing that idea has happened in a movie, I don't see it being too far fetched to be included in a game too.
Yes, I've seen it and it was awesome. That's why I said that things don't have to be limited to only one turtleverse or another.

Would basic attacks from say the Turtles be via their weapons? For instance would a standard LP for Donatello use his staff or would it use his turtle hand? Would be cool to have stance changes that actually mattered, where the stance change added a weapon. @9.95
This would be a prime opportunity for true stance changes, but I think it'd be character dependent. Raph uses Sais, so he'd have no reason to change stances, same a Michelangelo. Don and Leo are a different story. Casey Jones could fight barehanded or with his hockey stick.

@9.95, have you read the following webcomic?

http://www.dawnoftheninja.com/Reader.php

I think it is kind of an interesting re-imagining of Ninja Turtles that was a pretty entertaining read. I don't believe this series was ever finished, but of the (2) chapters that were released, I really enjoyed it.

Here is some pretty good fan-art that I had found a while ago as well:

http://io9.com/is-this-the-most-gut-wrenching-ninja-turtles-fan-art-ev-1096343726
I'll check out the web comic, but yes, I've seen the fan art and it's amazing.

Noob
Can we just re-release Tournament Fighters with GGPO.
The game is very antiquated and the fighting system at this point is very archaic. You can play it through Znet/zbattle (whichever one it is that works these days) though.

haketh

Noob
The game is very antiquated and the fighting system at this point is very archaic. You can play it through Znet/zbattle (whichever one it is that works these days) though.
I completely dissagree, that game along with Endless Duel was so far ahead of it's time, game is amd dope and still has a bit of a following today. Would just be nice to get a version of it to play that wasn't a pain to run as a side tournament.

Noob
Completely forgot to add throws and throw teching to my system. Original post updated with them and addition of April to the roster.

Throws - Again, similar to MK9 where they are duckable in an offensive crouch. The whiffed throw, however, will have MUCH more recovery meaning that if you sniff out a throw, you can actually punish it.

Throw teching - complete change from MK9 to a SF style tech.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I fucking love TMNT:TF

I have it on my hacked Vita and played through story mode a bunch while I was in the 'stan.

Matix218

Get over here!
@GGA Slips is a huge turtles fan, he always talks about it on ktp. maybe he could talk his buddies at nrs into trying to get the licence to use the tmnt ip for a new fighting game? probably not possible but it would be cool if it happened