What's new

Let's Just Discuss This...Roster Thing Civilly

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I'm kinda bummed that the whole family is playable, but i'm not devestated by it.
I am surprised that no robot as been annouced. I'm curious as to what happened to the cyborgs over the 25 years.

Every male ninja and cyborg is more important than another character and excluding any of them is a travesty. And sindel is better than any other female and shouldve been playable

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
As it stands, we have all but LK from the leak more or less confirmed (though not 100% officially in every case, I think it's a given at this point)

Seems like we're getting that leaked roster, even if they don't confirm LK until release, or just before release, I still think they've got some surprises in store for us. We've got 4 weeks and 5 days of hype left, with a KK tomorrow 'focusing on story mode' it's probable we'll see at least JC, if not sonya and the other 3 newbies from the story trailer.

Feels like we're getting more than 25, if some of them aren't unlockable I'd be very surprised.

Boon has twice suggested we might see a Cyber Reptile at some point (and how the ef does that happen, who knows, but it could happen)
We have seen at least 1 story mode cameo with a 'new' outfit (Smoke, who STILL looks like the person KK is beating up in his variation, every other character cameo'd in variations seems to be in game, no?), Rain and Fujin appear to have extensively modified MKA but 'new' outfits, and even Sindel has a kind of mashup of her two MK9 outfits apparently (from the story trailer), while we only saw Baraka once in the background with a very Deception looking outfit (maybe MKA, not sure myself), his statue was shown in the Cage family trailer today (Which is interesting, if nothing else).

I mean let's go crazy here. Let's say 24 including LK (I want to say that GORO isn't in that count because he's currently, apparently DLC, though he may just be a day one unlock with code who's unlockable in the game, as far as we know they haven't confirmed how his 'DLC' works)

So 25 - Goro = 24

24 + Smoke + Rain + Fujin + Sindel + Baraka + Cyber Reptile = .. 30 + Goro for 31. So assuming 30 is the actual in game roster, take out one of those potential playables in place of Goro and we still have a crazy awesome chance of seeing some old favorites showing up.

This is just speculation though. I'm honestly more hyped for JC then I ever thought I could be after that trailer. Need to see more of Sonya before I consider her HYPE.

Also.. why would Shinnok have an 'Imposter' variation, huh? Who's impostering who I wonder? :cool:

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Honestly the roster is fine. People are complaining a bit too much. That said, it's not amazing by any means. However, I have never played any MK where I was interested in learning every single character, so bashing the MK10 roster as if somehow it's so much worse than any other MK roster is unfair. In MK9 I didn't give a flying fuck about learning how to play Sheeva, Kano, Kratos (I had the PS3 version), or Baraka.

In fact almost all fighting games there are characters I didn't care about. KI is the only exception...KI roster is what I would call an amazing roster. I've invested some time into playing every character. That said, KI has less characters, & no overlap in character archtype.

I can understand somewhat why people are pissed that Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Smoke, & Kabal didn't make it while the entire Cage & Briggs families did. That's a bit of a troll by NRS but you can't say the whole roster is trash because of one or two "mistakes".

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Where is this?
Nightwolf commands a band of Oni to attack a group of Special Forces soldiers whilst Smoke (In a masked, new costume) engages Johnny Cage in Kombat, declaring "Smoke is dead, I am an enenra!"

From: http://thekombattether.com/forums/forum/mortal-kombat-x/mortal-kombat-x-discussion/730-exclusive-mortal-kombat-x-story-mode-preview-spoilers

Wish someone would 'leak' a screen shot of the chapter 1 cameos.. but we might just get to see them tomorrow in the KK anyway. :D

iamylem

Noob
Me personally, just kinda disappointed with the reveal as far as cages go. I mean these slots could've been used to cater to the fans with characters they have been crooning for since the reveal of the game. I'm not gonna post who I think should be in because I know I'll be doing it with a bias towards I like. I also understand they trying to add more of a story element to it, but come on down, DEAD CHARACTERS ARE ALIVE. How does that really help the story.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
congrats to cage and sonya fans!

but, where the hell is scumbag shang?

seriously, u cant have mortal kombat without shang, its like sf without akuma..

on a side note, where are the cyborgs? i love the new characters, but they aint got shit on cyrax and sektor, simple as that.

Spletty

Grandmaster
the only thing that really bums me out is the lack of robots. i mean i can even get over shang being excluded since they threw in shinnok, but it blows my mind the robots (probably) won't make the launch roster.

Bronson

Noob
Holding out hope that the NRS team will leave some surprises coming and that we will see some more Outworld/Ninj. Characters. IMO Baraka, Noob, Smoke, Cyrax, Sector are prime potential DLC characters. Would not be surprised to see Cyrax/Sector as one character with seperate varinations. Boon also keeps hinting at Relish character which makes me think of cyber reptile or something strange like that. Could also see return of Noob/Smoke as one character with separate variations as well. Baraka is probably DLC for sure though

Count me in as seriously bummed/tweaked about this reveal. I had no interest in Cassie, but I was happy about her inclusion because it (in my estimation) meant that Johnny and Sonya would be out, and only one roster slot would be taken up by a boring human rather than two. NOPE. THREE, muthafucka! Oh, and of course Jax and Jaqui, and probably Liu Kang, too. Seriously, am I the only one who has found the human Kombatants to be bland as baby shampoo since day one?! I'm not saying the whole roster should be ninjas, but when you've got Edenian warriors, sorcerers, cyborgs, gods, mutants, AND ninjas to choose from, why fill a quarter or more of the roster with "people who punch and kick and act sassy"??? Very lame. Very disappoint. Wow.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Count me in as seriously bummed/tweaked about this reveal. I had no interest in Cassie, but I was happy about her inclusion because it (in my estimation) meant that Johnny and Sonya would be out, and only one roster slot would be taken up by a boring human rather than two. NOPE. THREE, muthafucka! Oh, and of course Jax and Jaqui, and probably Liu Kang, too. Seriously, am I the only one who has found the human Kombatants to be bland as baby shampoo since day one?! I'm not saying the whole roster should be ninjas, but when you've got Edenian warriors, sorcerers, cyborgs, gods, mutants, AND ninjas to choose from, why fill a quarter or more of the roster with "people who punch and kick and act sassy"??? Very lame. Very disappoint. Wow.
Believe it or not, people do have DIFFERENT interests than you do. Cage and Sonya are originals, were the last two surviving members of MK 9, why in THE ACTUAL FUCK wouldn't you think they would be in MK X? No slots were wasted on these two characters, they play completely different from one another, have their own interesting backgrounds, and they look pretty fucking awesome. Sorry they're not a dumb sand ninja that is completely irrelevant to any sort of real MK lore.