What's new

Let's Just Discuss This...Roster Thing Civilly

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After today we only have a few character slot left and a slew of characters who have not yet made the cut. There is a lot of disappointment floating around with the Cage family reveal today. I'm not super excited about the characters and probably won't touch them much, but I'm also still hype because they do still look fantastic. What are you guys hoping for at this point? What characters are you hoping to see fill in those last slots, and how do you feel about the current roster?

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I'm hoping to get more characters than we expect. I'm hoping for Fujin, Rain, Reiko and Havik to make it in, as imo, the're what's missing to make this roster perfect. We still didn't get an exact number so until we do, I'm praying to get more than 24 characters. Also, Boon did say that the roster would be around 30. Here's hoping.

Based80s

Noob
Cassie being in the game is cool, I'm not going to play her but people seem to like her. Johnny is one of those characters that's pretty cool and I may give him a shot in the new MKX. Sonja on the other hand is one of those characters that wish was replaced with someone else.

Back to the roster question, Ed Boon said "variances for 30 something characters was quite challenging" or something around the lines of that. He also tweeted out yesterday or the night before about Ketchup and Mustard aka Cyrax/Sektor. People REALLLY want Tremor, and at this point, I think he would be pretty cool, I'd even take him as a DLC character.

My opinion, I find Noob & Smoke sorta bland. I rather take new characters or some old characters like Fujin, Havik etc.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
btw

i'm fully expecting at least these characters to be playable

Lui Kang (isn't he the only original MK character NOT yet shown?)

Erron Black (because new character and he has been an intricate part of the comic story)

Kenshi (there is no way that model isn't playable)

Shang Tsung (another orignal MK character. I think he makes a cameo and is a DLC)

Rain (another cameo ... maybe in launch roster).

"Random Cameo in story to DLC because 'OMG HE"S IN THE STORY' Character"

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Cassie being in the game is cool, I'm not going to play her but people seem to like her. Johnny is one of those characters that's pretty cool and I may give him a shot in the new MKX. Sonja on the other hand is one of those characters that wish was replaced with someone else.

Back to the roster question, Ed Boon said "variances for 30 something characters was quite challenging" or something around the lines of that. He also tweeted out yesterday or the night before about Ketchup and Mustard aka Cyrax/Sektor. People REALLLY want Tremor, and at this point, I think he would be pretty cool, I'd even take him as a DLC character.

My opinion, I find Noob & Smoke sorta bland. I rather take new characters or some old characters like Fujin, Havik etc.
The Ketchup and Mustard thing was alluding to the UK players who aptly share the same name
PNDKetchup and PNDMustard.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I am hoping we get more characters than we expected as well, however I think the ones we've gotten are pretty rad, and I agree with everyone that Cage's fatality is amazing. I can't wait to get ahold of all these characters and try them. Hopefully Jacquiline is showed off on stream tomorrow.

SenSx

Noob
IGNs article mentioned there's still a lot of character spots left to fill despite all the new characters revealed today. Makes me think we are getting more than we think.

RAIN

Yep, but what are ALL the new characters revealed today for them ?
Johnny and Sonya, that's it ?
They still have no clue if Shinnok or Mileena are on the roster or not (event though this is obvious).

So if you count only Johnny and Sonya as 100% in for them, it leaves 5 spots left (which we alcready know whose characters it belong to: Jax, Mileena, Shinnok, Erron Black, and Liu Kang), is that what they call "a lot" ?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yep, but what are ALL the new characters revealed today for them ?
Johnny and Sonya, that's it ?
They still have no clue if Shinnok or Mileena are on the roster or not (event though this is obvious).

So if you count only Johnny and Sonya as 100% in for them, it leaves 5 spots left (which we alcready know whose characters it belong to: Jax, Mileena, Shinnok, Erron Black, and Liu Kang), is that what they call "a lot" ?
We know that Mileena is playable. It was in the damn trailer. Not to mention, all these articles say they fought Shinnok...he's playable....

The leak was 99% true at this point. The only one remaining is Liu Kang.