What's new

Lead singer of As I Lay Dying arrested for hiring hitman to kill wife

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Didn't realize they still existed, but I gotta give them credit for helping me down the path of metal.

Any metalhead who's in their mid 20's that doesn't admit to liking 94 hours in high school is just a corny try-hard

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
As I Lay Dying was a descent metal band and Tim's side projects were very well done as well, even Autrian Death Machine was still good regardless of how redicoulous the lyrics were. To see this guy literally go as far as he did with this is insane, he must have believed that due to his fame and money he could get away with anything and was untouchable, at the same time though we have no clue exactly how things were going in his life and likely we never will. One thing though is that the rest of the band will likely either move on and forma new project or the label will absorb them into other future upcoming bands that need musicians. Tim better fing his God though, because if I'm not mistaken this charge can carry the death penalty.

Anyway all you youngins on here prclaiming how metal this band was know nothing of metal, know your roots early Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, and the godfather himself Ozzy. Sure Ozzy is a joke today in most people's opinion, but he is the one that got the ball really rolling. Don't forget Alice Cooper either.

Vagrant

Noob
GGA Dizzy

Hey an update on this btw.

His arraignment was yesterday. He pleaded not guilty.

I assume he and his lawyers think they have a case. Remember guys, as damning as this situation looks, (and it looks pretty damn damning) we know absolutely nothing about what really happened or didn't happen.

Innocent until proven guilty.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
GGA Dizzy

Hey an update on this btw.

His arraignment was yesterday. He pleaded not guilty.

I assume he and his lawyers think they have a case. Remember guys, as damning as this situation looks, (and it looks pretty damn damning) we know absolutely nothing about what really happened or didn't happen.

Innocent until proven guilty.
You are correct, but being a CJ grad. I can honestly say the evidence is too damning for him. Now likely they will look at his current emotional state and how things were during the time of undergoing this divorce, but this type of defense will only go so far. The judge may take some pity on him due to emotional stress, which is likely what the defense will claim. The issue though is the key evidence is an actual recording of his voice requesting the murder of his wife with the exchange of money. This evidence was obtained by an undercover act and unless they can prove the evidence was obtained in some way illegaly he has almost no defense to back him up, besides possible inasnity case, which is unlikely to work since in order to prove insanity the defendant has to prove he was incapable of reasonable actions, in this case he has a proven motive (divorce) and has shown signs of being perfectly sane and knowledgable of his actions, therfore it isn't likely even an option. The key evidence must somehow be thrown out by use of the exclusionary rule and that alone may not help either since there are exceptions to the exclusionary rule, such as the fruit of the poisoous tree, good faith exceptinon, and other possibilities. In this case though there are witnesses to claim his search for a hitman and then the audio recordings .

Plain and simple he is done and its off to being Bubba's metal bitch.

McNasty

Moist.
Didn't realize they still existed, but I gotta give them credit for helping me down the path of metal.

Any metalhead who's in their mid 20's that doesn't admit to liking 94 hours in high school is just a corny try-hard
THE FUCKING TRUTH!