What's new

Lead singer of As I Lay Dying arrested for hiring hitman to kill wife

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/showbiz/singer-lambesis-arrested/

(CNN) -- The lead singer of the metal band As I Lay Dying has been arrested and charged with seeking to have his wife killed, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said.
Authorities said Tuesday that Tim Lambesis had tried to contract an undercover detective to kill his estranged wife, who lives in Encinitas, California. He is charged with solicitation of another to commit murder.
The department learned on May 2 that Lambesis had asked someone to carry out the killing and an investigation was initiated, it said.
The investigation culminated Tuesday afternoon, "when Lambesis solicited an undercover detective to kill his wife," it said. He was arrested without incident at a business in Oceanside and taken to the Encinitas Station and booked into the Vista Detention Facility.
The band's representative did not return a message seeking comment.
As I Lay Dying was nominated in 2008 for a Grammy Award for best metal performance. The band has released seven studio albums and a live CD, according to its website.
Asked last year in an interview with HardNoise Online Radio about how his time on the road affected his home life, Lambesis said, "If there was a way to be home but still make a living playing music, I would do that in a heartbeat.
"But the catch is that, as a profession, this is what I'm passionate about. And then my personal life, what I'm passionate about is my loved ones back home. So, you know, those two have a conflict with each other. The only thing I can do is find a balance where, if I am gone a month on tour, then I find a month to be home and just kind of even it out that way."
Asked in January about whether his group was a Christian metal band, he told NoiseCreep the band decided not to discuss "the spiritual topic" so that listeners would focus on their music.
"We didn't preach at our shows, our goal has always been to just write the best music we can write," he said. "Of course religion has some influence on the things that we write about just like all of our life experiences do but as a band, we want to be judged on the music rather than what our personal beliefs are."

-----------------------------

This sucks, I liked them. I think he was their songwriter as well as lead singer so, I wonder if they will break up over this.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
As I Lay Dying are pretty much the definition of modern metalcore, shame to see them break up over this, but their vocalist and main songwriter is going to be really hard to replace!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Damn. Exposed. Hope he gets what he deserves. Sick freak couldn't even get the Job done himself he has to try and hire someone else. What a coward.

Like the music though :p

Hitoshura

Head Cage
hhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Omg this was a refreshing read! HAHAHAHAH!!! Wow! Talk about being christian. Also, were they really nominated best metal performance? I like how these awards are nominated and given to a lot of "mainstream" metal bands, not trying to sound like a hipster, but I can name like 5 metal bands that are better than As I Lay Dying.

1) Between the Buried and Me
2) Cynic
3) Opeth
4) Obscura
5) Meshuggah

Then again what I find amazing other may find boring, so I'll just end this post here.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
hhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Omg this was a refreshing read! HAHAHAHAH!!! Wow! Talk about being christian. Also, were they really nominated best metal performance? I like how these awards are nominated and given to a lot of "mainstream" metal bands, not trying to sound like a hipster, but I can name like 5 metal bands that are better than As I Lay Dying.

1) Between the Buried and Me
2) Cynic
3) Opeth
4) Obscura
5) Meshuggah

Then again what I find amazing other may find boring, so I'll just end this post here.
As i lay dying arent anything special, but if you like standard metalcore riffs with shouting and solo's you really need look no further!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I heard about this earlier in the morning. It upsets me that they will be done, but I guess they did have a pretty good run though.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Wow....first shitty drum samples, generic riffs, pretentious soapbox ideaology and now attempted murder. Well done, Tim. Well done.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How do you hire a hitman anyway? You can't exactly put an ad out in the newspaper.

Vagrant

Noob
This sucks, I liked them. I think he was their songwriter as well as lead singer so, I wonder if they will break up over this.

Yeah I liked Shadows, Ocean and The Powerless Rise.... I still Jam those three records.... They wrote good metalcore and were impressive live as well. This does indeed suck.