What's new

Last roster slot theory

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Cole Young. Copying my post from the Leaks thread:

1) Portal Scene: Ed Boon already pointed out "who is the guy walking through the portal" with the heroes. In the clip, Liu Kang is LEADING Kenshi, Johnny, Raiden, Kung Lao, EARTH'S heroes, through it with this "unknown character". There's a 0% chance it's a random NPC that's getting killed the next scene walking directly in the middle of a crew like that. It's Big Cole Young.

2) Secret character: There would be no need for mass secrecy. We already know Hanzo is not Scorpion. We know Mileena is queen. The mass secrecy is for the big surprise to be Cole Young in the MK gaming universe.

3) The Protagonist: We already know "the protagonist" has been leaked. It isn't gonna be kept secret for Shujinko, not even the 3D lovers like Taven, it's GOAT Cole Young. This is why the character doesn't have a name, as "the protagonist" helps keep it a secret.

4) Tonfas: Everyone was surprised when Tanya didn't have her iconic Tonfas. But I wasn't. Why? Because Cole Young, future Chosen One, uses Tonfas. Since they both can't use the same weapon, replacing Tanya's weapon was the obvious choice as Tonfas will become the iconic weapon of Cole Young.

5) Hanzo: The leaks state Hanzo is referred to somehow in the story, but he obviously isn't Scorpion. This clearly is because he's either with Cole Young or referred to by him. So the Hanzo leaks are accurate as the other parts are too, and it explains why the leakers "can't say more" about Hanzo because it would expose the GOAT.

6) The movies: He's the star of the incoming multiple movies that will produce millions and billions over time. Imagine leaving your Michael Jordan on the bench during the championship. It's not happening.

These points are indisputable. The sooner everyone accepts Big Cole Young as their Lord and Savior the better.

#ColeYoungForMK1

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
n
I have a theory, and y'all gonna hate it.

I believe that the last slot on the roster, is a character you can create for story mode and for whatever the map/konquest mode will be, which would coincide with
what was in r0000r's script leak

Not only that, but this character we'll be able to create will also be on the Kameo roster. Here's my evidence.

View attachment 20381

View attachment 20382

1 Kameo out of ALL of them is greyed out, same with the base roster. Why? The game is coming out in 5 weeks, there's no way they still haven't finished the last character, or haven't decided who to put in. The only plausible and logical answer, is that it's a character we'll be able to create.
Nah, it's the big bad. ONAGA BOIZ

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think is not related to Kreate a fighter stuff, since, would be a nightmare to balance that inside a game with well defined characters in the roster, so, nope, is not a kustom kreation stuff ....

IMO, it seems that is a new character, so, that is the reason that noboy know about it, and probably will be the very last one to be revealed, that is the reason that noboy know nothing about, or, if knows, don't want to spoil the surprise, hehe :D

In the modern games, MK9, MKX and MK11, all of them just introduce new characters, so, I think MK1 will do the same, but, in a very humble way this time, just putting only one new character, because the game intention is bring back the 3D characters and valorize the classic ones, so, one new among the veterans seems fair .... ;)
If it's between kreate a Kharacter or new character, I hope you are correct.

But also, unless they have a whole separate mode for the created characters like SF6 does, I don't think it would work very well for balance reasons like you said.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
If it's between kreate a Kharacter or new character, I hope you are correct.

But also, unless they have a whole separate mode for the created characters like SF6 does, I don't think it would work very well for balance reasons like you said.
yep

until is officially revealed, I will keep my guess, and also, think that will be a new character ....

if not, could be just another 3D character revamped, that , somehow, NRS could so far kept secret from any inside source leaker

or can be a classic character to return, that fits the same scenario above : they are keeping secret, to be a surprise , so, only Ed Boon and very few people inside NRS had access to this character, and , miraculously, none serious leaker had access to that so far until now ..... :joker:

anyway, the last stuff thing that I think that will take place, it is a Kreate a Figther mode to be put in this game, because, would make none sense, also, something like that surely would be announced already to make part of the game, so, I think is very unlikely to be in MK 1

Anyway, just in case this shit end to be in the game, I will return back and apologize for being wrong, hehe ! :p

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think this is more likely. Not a new new character but a “new” reimagined character like cyber sun zero in MK9
Considering most of the cast is reimagined I can’t really picture that being worthy of hiding.

the only character I can imagine being locked down that hard for the sake of surprise is… Hanzo

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
We’ve gone back and forth with so many iterations of leaks with Jade, Sonya, Jax, and Kano that I’d be shocked for it not to be one of them. If things got shifted around at the last second it would make sense for the select screen boxes to not be completely accurate.

Create a character seems impossible. Including the Kameos would make this a balancing nightmare.

Noob being the secret kharacter would be a dream come true. But its too good to be true, so I’m going to keep my expectations low. I hope its not an own kharacter type of thing.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I still feel it has to be Sonya because of Boon talking about how they were prototyping kameos (but this could further lend credence to her being in a potential KP2 as well tbh). I don't have a stake in who it is either way, as long as there is an additional slot and we're not getting trolled, and as long as they end up looking/playing cool, I don't particularly care who it is.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
I still feel it has to be Sonya because of Boon talking about how they were prototyping kameos (but this could further lend credence to her being in a potential KP2 as well tbh). I don't have a stake in who it is either way, as long as there is an additional slot and we're not getting trolled, and as long as they end up looking/playing cool, I don't particularly care who it is.
I love you let's get married

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Sonya is either base roster or a story expansion DLC.
Even if she's not in the story mode on release, the way Boon talked about her heavily suggests that she'll have a role in the story eventually.