What's new

Last roster slot theory

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Simp all you want brother. I just played enough Soul Calibur to be put off custom characters indefinitely.
Yeah, it's great to create your character in Soul Calibur, but its really annoying to fight 40 abominations, and then one good design. They make some really ugly shit.

Like I said before, the last slot could be a “new” reimagined character…
What if..
As of now, all of the original ninjas are confirmed minus Noob..
For whatever reason, NRS is keeping the hanzo hasashi thing hush hush (they won’t let scorpion be in any of the beta tests probably because of the preflight dialogue).

Maybe the last spot of hanzo as Noob? I know he was in the last game but seems odd to bring back ALL male ninjas except for him

What if..
For whatever reason, NRS is keeping the hanzo hasashi thing hush hush (they won’t let scorpion be in any of the beta tests probably because of the preflight dialogue).

Maybe the last spot of hanzo as Noob? I know he was in the last game but seems odd to bring back ALL male ninjas except for him
I personally think the reason is less exciting than a secret character (kreate-a-kharacter or a character they decided last minute-ish that they wanted to include), but this is my backup guess. Maybe not specifically Hanzo as Noob, but some character that won't even be acknowledged on the select screen because doing so would ruin a giant story element. Noob Saibot is the obvious one regardless of who turns into him, but if it ended being, say, Shinnok, that would show a lot of cards as to who's trying to fuck with Liu Kang's plans.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
What if..

In that case he'd be leaked by now along everyone else I think.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
This is an awesome theory. I very much hope that this is true.

My only other thought is that it's a reimagined Hanzo that will be the playable character for the story mode. Still possibly customizable.

Here's what I actually hope it is though: at the very end of the story, right before the fight with Shang Tsung, Sonya jumps through a universe portal to help you out in the fight. You play as Sonya first and it's the hardest fight of the game, just oppressively difficult. If you win, you beat the game and unlock Sonya. If you lose, Sonya dies and you get the chance to beat the game as Liu Kang or whatever.

Here's the trick though, you never get another chance. There's a permanent character select spot with Sonya with a big fat X over her image and that state is forever tied to your PSN ID or whatever the Xbox equivalent is as a constant reminder that you could have had Sonya as a playable character if you were good enough, but no.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Here's what I actually hope it is though: at the very end of the story, right before the fight with Shang Tsung, Sonya jumps through a universe portal to help you out in the fight. You play as Sonya first and it's the hardest fight of the game, just oppressively difficult. If you win, you beat the game and unlock Sonya. If you lose, Sonya dies and you get the chance to beat the game as Liu Kang or whatever.

Here's the trick though, you never get another chance. There's a permanent character select spot with Sonya with a big fat X over her image and that state is forever tied to your PSN ID or whatever the Xbox equivalent is as a constant reminder that you could have had Sonya as a playable character if you were good enough, but no.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

and the game totals your PS5 if you lose.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

lol this is just awesome imaginative amazing

I bet that Sony would try that for real, making a secret deal with WB, so, more consoles sales would might occur .... you never know, some poor Sonya fanatic stans would be able to buy another PS5 just to try again ..... :p

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile

Doesnt Nier Automata have something to that regard in their endings? I remember reading about how you could sacrifice your playthrought data in an ending to help save another player or do something to get a good ending and, if you did, the game deleted all of your progress.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Last character will be Noob who is unlocked by finishing story mode.

There will be some sort of twist where Bi Han isn't Noob in this timeline and NRS is trying to keep it a secret.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't know anything more about the game than I do in this moment. I'd love to just boot that game up on release and be completely surprised by everything.

I don't think I can handle how hype General Shao is going to be.

Last character will be Noob who is unlocked by finishing story mode.

There will be some sort of twist where Bi Han isn't Noob in this timeline and NRS is trying to keep it a secret.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't know anything more about the game than I do in this moment. I'd love to just boot that game up on release and be completely surprised by everything.

I don't think I can handle how hype General Shao is going to be.
A lot of people have been saying this, but I think Noob as Hanzo has a chance, theres no way Hanzo isnt in this game in some way.

Im honestly kind of glad that the leakers refuse to fully leak the whole plot or anything like that.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era

Do you think I would unlock her though?

I just don't see Hanzo becoming Noob. They're already setting up Bi Han as a power hungry megalomaniac, and the whole thing with Liu Kang's reset is it seems like despite his best efforts some outcomes are just destined regardless of the paths there. IMO, it'd be more likely that Bi Han becomes Noob again and Hanzo is somehow set up to be the new Sub Zero.