What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung lao Hitbox whiffs

This is not a buff request. This is just a thread to infom people(NRS) that kung lao has some hitbox issues with some of his moves. A lot of characters(if not all) have hitbox issues and they should all get fixed imo. Just making this thread in case NRS does decide to fix everyones hitbox issues that kung lao won't get forgotten.

General:

-11212(4). This whiffs on characters like takeda, kung jin, reptile, female characters etc. Yes you can make this consistent by doing a run, but you can't do a run in a lot of situations. You can't do it when you try 11212 into 112124 for example. You also can't do a run when you use this string to counterpoke.

-It would also be nice to have 1(1)21(2)4 these hits to connect properly, because the way it is now we can't really practice 112124 ex hat spin pressure in training mode because the AI will try to armor out every single time.

Also even if you run it will still whiff against Kung jin for example.

Buzzsaw:

Low hat:

- When an opponent runs up to me and I make a read by throwing a low hat and the opponents is running around dash distance, the low hat will go completely through the opponent even though the low hat was already out.

- When kung lao is cornered and he throws a low hat, the low will go through the opponent.

Hat Trick:

The normal hat trap is a Mid, it completely whiffs in some situations though like against a crouching Cassie Cage. This is essential to hat trick pressure, you could lose a whole bar by doing the ex callback and get full combo punished because the move whiffed, while you should be getting a guaranteed string after ex Callback.

This thread is not just about kung lao. List your characters hitbox issues in this thread and maybe we can make mkx a better game.

Last edited:
this doesn't have anything to do with how good a character is. ALL hitboxes should be fixed, I just listed kung laos because I play the character. Other people should do it too for their character.

112124 whiffing is a good thing. Otherwise if you hit your frames it's another pseudo block infinite. And we don't need anymore of that shit
That is not how it works. You have to do a run to follow up ex hat spin even if 112124 was consistent because otherwise the first hit can whiff anyways. This has nothing to do with ex hat spin pressure. This is about doing the string raw and in counterpoke situations. The character has 3 variations not 1...

Can you make a vid on the low hat stuff because I've never had that happen
It's not that hard to test. Just go stand in the corner with the opponent in front of you. The low hat will whiff. You can test the other one by setting the AI to do low hat and timing it so you will be in that range when he throws a hat.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
That is not how it works. You have to do a run to follow up ex hat spin even if 112124 was consistent because otherwise the first hit can whiff anyways. This has nothing to do with ex hat spin pressure. This is about doing the string raw and in counterpoke situations. The character has 3 variations not 1...
Good point , but considering how that one variation has no bad matchups I don't think we should make his psuedo block infinite viable. I think they shold fix his hitbox issue but make sure you can't connect another 112124 after hatelite , I don't want the character to be shit tier , I just think this psuedo block infinite or 50/50 cast that we have needs to be toned down

Good point , but considering how that one variation has no bad matchups I don't think we should make his psuedo block infinite viable. I think they shold fix his hitbox issue but make sure you can't connect another 112124 after hatelite , I don't want the character to be shit tier , I just think this psuedo block infinite or 50/50 cast that we have needs to be toned down
Tempest is very good, but I don't think anyone can claim tempest to have no bad matchups or whatever because I highly doubt anyone has even played all the matchups in the game with him against good character representatives. What you are saying is still possible, you can still do runup 11212 uninterrupted after ex hat spin against 75% of the cast.

My solution to this problem is make 112124 consistent and give slight pushback to ex hat spin on block. That way the ex hat spin pressure is a universal guessing game and not guaranteed+ it is consistent and you are not fucking the other variations over by doin this.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Tempest is very good, but I don't think anyone can claim tempest to have no bad matchups or whatever because I highly doubt anyone has even played all the matchups in the game with him against good character representatives. What you are saying is still possible, you can still do runup 11212 uninterrupted after ex hat spin against 75% of the cast.

My solution to this problem is make 112124 consistent and give slight pushback to ex hat spin on block. That way the ex hat spin pressure is a universal guessing game and not guaranteed+ it is consistent and you are not fucking the other variations over by doin this.
Yomi's tier list said specifically he had no bad matchups. And I'm not just parroting what yomi says , but I know djt personally and I trust he knows what he's talking about.

D4G

Win At All Cost
While your at it, also fix the teleport 1 and 2 commands hitbox. It's completely stupid when you make the right read on someone throwing a projectile and you whiff anyway and get punished because NRS.

While your at it, also fix the teleport 1 and 2 commands hitbox. It's completely stupid when you make the right read on someone throwing a projectile and you whiff anyway and get punished because NRS.
It really is whatever because teleports shouldn't be used that often anyway and it isn't a part of his main gameplan to do raw teleports anyway. Jump 2 into teleport 2/teleport2 work fine and that is the most important thing about it. Ex teleport wakeup into grab sucks if it whiffs but you just need to know against what and when it would whiff.

D4G

Win At All Cost
It really is whatever because teleports shouldn't be used that often anyway and it isn't a part of his main gameplan to do raw teleports anyway. Jump 2 into teleport 2/teleport2 work fine and that is the most important thing about it. Ex teleport wakeup into grab sucks if it whiffs but you just need to know against what and when it would whiff.
No. If you read your opponent is about to do something from the other side of the screen like mileena throwing her Sai or tremor trying to ground pound, teleport can be used to punish and that's how it should be used. Fact of the matter is it shouldn't whiff ever if done properly and right now that's not the case and it should be fixed especially when spending a bar. There is no learning "when it would whiff", it just happens, sometimes it doesn't.