What's new

Kung Jin is MK's first Gay character

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHARKY

Noob
If everyone was treated the same no matter race or sexuality threads like these wouldn't need to be made. We aren't at that stage in this world yet.
why are you so against people of a different race or sexuality being happy they have representation?
He said nothing about race.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I can't make the connection between being Latino Black Asian to being a uknow. I should leave now.
the connection is in being a minority . If you didn't know the world in general is white washed. We are brainwashed into thinking what is attractive . Alot of kids grow up feeling bad about themselves because they don't see anyone who looks like them being "famous" .

Tim Static

Adminerator
Listen, my opinion was nothing to do with Kung Jin. My opinion was about gay celebrities/athletes/famous individuals. Again, (follow along) I stated I just do not care for the publicity these guys seek. Michael Sam was the most annoying gay person I've ever heard about. He was literally trying to coax people into coming out cause he did. Not cause they wanted to. I really could care less about the color of my video game characters, so please grasp at more straws. I mained Jax in every MK he was in except 9, clearly I care about the color of skin.

Gay people want to be treated like everyone else? Correct? As does every minority? Correct? IMO making threads and praising this a character for being gay contradicts that. If you don't like my opinion, that's fine. And if you see a video game character being gay some sort of huge revolution for gay video gamers, then just wow lol.
Yea it's sad that it has to be a thing because it shouldn't BUT IT IS BECAUSE WE LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE IGNORANCE RUNS FREE AND YET THE BASIC CIVIL RIGHTS OF GAY PEOPLE AREN'T THE SAME. Is it REALLY that hard to understand?

And if you have to actually say "I'm not racist" or "I'm not homophobic", then it usually means you are. Whatever, be ignorant of the point that you clearly don't understand, or even try to embrace.

Cool, I understand it, whatever. On the other hand. Gays/Lesbians always want to be seen as equal yet when things like this happen they are put up on a pedestal. Should we also put up articles because Cassie is straight?
Really? I mean, really? I forgot how much the straight people have been ridiculed, hated & basic civil rights not allowed because they're straight. You know if your mentality along with all the other ignorance towards things that are different would go away, so would these imaginary pedestals you think actually exist.
I should leave now.
Sounds good.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
This just in their is no famous black, Asian, native, east Indian, or gay people out there. Ignore everything you've seen or heard in your life that says otherwise.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Yea it's sad that it has to be a thing because it shouldn't BUT IT IS BECAUSE WE LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE IGNORANCE RUNS FREE AND YET THE BASIC CIVIL RIGHTS OF GAY PEOPLE AREN'T THE SAME. Is it REALLY that hard to understand?

And if you have to actually say "I'm not racist" or "I'm not homophobic", then it usually means you are. Whatever, be ignorant of the point that you clearly don't understand, or even try to embrace.
Uh no I have to say it because you and the other child quoting me constantly are implying I am, and that things of that nature bother me or make me feel uncomfortable. Keep talking in caps it really gets your hissy fit across.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Uh no I have to say it because you and the other child quoting me constantly are implying I am, and that things of that nature bother me or make me feel uncomfortable. Keep talking in caps it really gets your hissy fit across.
Yes. Hissy fits. Yup....or maybe highlighting the facts you seem to not understand? This is a great thing not just for the gay community but for other people to realize that all kinds of people make up the MK story. Not hard at all to understand.......least i thought so.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'll open this discussion up soon. Everyone needs to chill out for a bit.

Edit: And we're reopened for discussion. Keep it civil and if this issue is a problem, DO NOT post in here. Thanks.

Last edited:

RexxyC

what's done is done

Really? I mean, really? I forgot how much the straight people have been ridiculed, hated & basic civil rights not allowed because they're straight. You know if your mentality along with all the other ignorance towards things that are different would go away, so would these imaginary pedestals you think actually exist.

Sounds good.
You know Tim, I think you're wrong; really wrong infact. You throw the word ignorance out like crazy when you're no different. Seeing you post here points out that you don't think people can have an opinion other than your own.

I merely brought up that if equality is wanted, lets have it; but lets not throw celebratory parties and write news pieces at when a minority either racially or sexuality-wise shows up in some type of media you like. If that's the case we should be writing articles for every character ever. These pedestals are most certainly not "imaginary", the revelation that Kung Jin is gay has made major gaming news websites; and I don't see why it's necessary. Sure there's nothing wrong with him being gay, but why does he get is own article? That is a pedestal whether you want to admit it or not.

Also the guy you berated above me saying if you actually have to say that "i'm not racist" or "I'm not homophobic" does not implicitly state that they are those things. That is a rule you made up yourself.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You know Tim, I think you're wrong; really wrong infact. You throw the word ignorance out like crazy when you're no different. Seeing you post here points out that you don't think people can have an opinion other than your own.

I merely brought up that if equality is wanted, lets have it; but lets not throw celebratory parties and write news pieces at when a minority either racially or sexuality-wise shows up in some type of media you like. If that's the case we should be writing articles for every character ever. These pedestals are most certainly not "imaginary", the revelation that Kung Jin today has made major gaming news websites; and I don't see why it's necessary. Sure there's nothing wrong with him being gay, but why does he get is own article? That is a pedestal whether you want to admit it or not.

Also the guy you berated above me saying if you actually have to say that "i'm not racist" or "I'm not homophobic" does not implicitly state that they are those things. That is a rule you made up yourself.
The reason people celebrate it is because it's something that society still has an issue with, and they shouldn't. I mean, look at the Indiana law fiasco that's currently going on. People are outraged because it's pulling us backwards as a society, and people still don't accept gay people, despite the fact that someone being gay has zero effect on anyone else. It's just a big thing and a huge step when a gay character is introduced, since the representation is still rather small. It's an even crazier introduction because Kung Jin is also a Shaolin monk.

I will say, though, seeing people say "who cares" is much more preferred than "this is stupid/wrong/abominable/etc".

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I was going to use him regardless of his sexual orientation, besides Gay or not he's the "cool kind of Gay" not the "annoying flap my hands around look at me honey" kind of Gay. Not hating btw, I don't really care to be honest just breaking down the two kind of Gay people types. I used to work with a few Gay guys at one of my former jobs way back, one of them kept hitting on my friend lol so we teased him about it.

As far as that topic, don't bother me anymore then someone wanting a gun. I simply don't care, people should freedom of choice, will and not have the government decide IMO(especially now) but that's a different story.

I just like him cause he's a great zoner in Ancestral, dude could be asexual for all I care though. I just hope MK doesn't take the DC and Marvel route with going out of their way to make political statements...I don't care for that shit. I play MK to escape reality, not relive in with my favorite characters.

Tim Static

Adminerator

I merely brought up that if equality is wanted, lets have it; but lets not throw celebratory parties and write news pieces at when a minority either racially or sexuality-wise shows up in some type of media you like. If that's the case we should be writing articles for every character ever. These pedestals are most certainly not "imaginary", the revelation that Kung Jin today has made major gaming news websites; and I don't see why it's necessary. Sure there's nothing wrong with him being gay, but why does he get is own article? That is a pedestal whether you want to admit it or not.

Just because you can have an opinion, doesnt make it right. The fact that there's never been a gay character in such a masculine kind of game like MK is a big deal. You can call it whatever the hell you want, but it doesn't mean that it is correct, but again, in a day in age when gay folks are treated like 2nd class human beings, it is a deal bigger than you, me, TYM, MK or gaming. It transcends that, just like when Rosa Parks refused to get up for a white person on a bus. Had history be reversed, the Civil Rights movements of decades ago and the one that exists now would be entirely different, as would be your opinion because you might have been the minority or persons who've been denied basic rights (like the ones expressed in the Declaration of Independence). This stuff you cannot argue.....but when you do, you come across weak minded, ignorant and hateful.

To everyone else: I'm stepping back from replying to posts in this thread, i'll just watch from afar. Don't like the thread content, don't bother commenting.

zydrate101

I was going to use him regardless of his sexual orientation, besides Gay or not he's the "cool kind of Gay" not the "annoying flap my hands around look at me honey" kind of Gay. I used to work with a few Gay guys at one of my former jobs way back, one of them kept hitting on my friend lol so we teased him about it.

I just like him cause he's a great zoner in Ancestral, dude could be asexual for all I care though. I just hope MK doesn't take the DC and Marvel route with going out of their way to make political statements...I don't care for that shit.
Both kinds of gay are acceptable ! Don't be throwing that kind of shit around . We have enough guys who are all I'm so masc and self hating let people be people . I guess it's a good thing you aren't the deciding factor on these "political" statements .

MKF30

Both kinds of gay are acceptable ! Don't be throwing that kind of shit around . We have enough guys who are all I'm so masc and self hating let people be people . I guess it's a good thing you aren't the deciding factor on these "political" statements .
You misinterpret, I never said one was unacceptable I said annoying. Don't be so sensitive. Like I said, I have no issues with Gay people or rights etc. But don't shove that shit in my face with games, all I'm saying. If someone disagrees too bad. I have as much right to share my opinion as anyone else here. Like I said, I play MK for FICTION, NOT REALITY! My point. I'm not bashing him for being Gay, I still like him and use him as one of my mains. If I "hated gays" I wouldn't go near him or hate on the character.

To prove my point that I have no bias, I felt the same way when DC wrote that one dumb comic with Superman renouncing his citizenship? Retarded because it goes against everything the character believes in and thus why DC later retconned it. Obviously the writer of that story was trying to get his political bs in there, that turns me off bigtime.

He didn't say people can't be themselves he said he finds those types of people annoying. You can be heterosexual without being all "dudebro" about it, you can be black and not be hood, you can be gay without it being so overt. Those people can act that way I don't give a shit, but that doesn't mean I can't find a lot of those people to be abrasive or annoying to be around. And yes I do find those super drama queen hyper archetypical gay people whom I have met in real life to be kind of exasperating and annoying to be around. And I've met gay people who weren't so dramatic that were cool. Not saying every gay person is like one or the other, but I've met a majority who are like both.

I'm black, and I identify with many aspects of black culture, but I don't go around calling everyone nigga and sagging my pants on that hood shit.

zydrate101

You misinterpret, I never said one was unacceptable I said annoying. Don't be so sensitive. Like I said, I have no issues with Gay people or rights etc. But don't shove that shit in my face with games, all I'm saying. If someone disagrees too bad. Like I said, I play MK for FICTION, NOT REALITY!

To prove my point that I have no bias, I felt the same way when DC wrote that one dumb comic with Superman renouncing his citizenship? Retarded because it goes against everything the character believes in and thus why DC later retconned it. Obviously the writer of that story was trying to get his political bs in there, that turns me off bigtime.
I can't take anyone seriously who goes around using the "R" word like it's acceptable either . If you really want something down ya throat just ask politely . Haha if you have to prove to people you aren't homophobic you are sorry bruh.

MKF30

He didn't say people can't be themselves he said he finds those types of people annoying. You can be heterosexual without being all "dudebro" about it, you can be black and not be hood, you can be gay without it being so overt. And yes I do find those super drama queen hyper archetypical gay people whom I have met in real life to be kind of exasperating and annoying to be around. And I've met gay people who weren't so dramatic that were cool. Not saying every gay person is like one or the other, but I've met a majority who are like both.

I'm black, and I identify with many aspects of black culture, but I don't go around calling everyone nigga and sagging my pants on that hood shit.
Thank you! Glad someone got my point. I feel the same way about the posers out there who try to be something they're not(you know the wanna be ganstas or kids who try to be like Jersey Shore kids with the gel, glasses etc) that's just as annoying to me. Then there's also black friends, white friends I have who act nothing like that, they're just themselves know what I mean? You sound like you know what I mean. I had lots of experience with these types in school especially.

I can't take anyone seriously who goes around using the "R" word like it's acceptable either . If you really want something down ya throat just ask politely . Haha if you have to prove to people you aren't homophobic you are sorry bruh.
I don't know what you're reading man, but "R" word? What? Retconned? Retarded or Reality? And the "shoving something down your throat" it's an expression. Who said I'm homophobic? lol you assume a lot huh? I just said those guys who shout to the word that they're gay, and practically touch your face when they're talking to you are annoying. I also think close talkers are annoying....are you offended by that? lol You know who I can't take seriously? Those who get offended by a snowflake and act like it's a rock storm....

If a Gay person feels a straight dude is annoying because he acts like God's gift to women, should I be offended by that as a straight guy? Because it's not like every straight guy acts like an egotistical alpha-male. That's my point man, same with Gay people SOME can be annoying, others are fine. Goes for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.