What's new

Tech - Kotal Kahn Kotal Khan 7F safejump setup

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Tagged, as in you can D1 them out of it?

My point is that if you're baiting a wake-up, you're wide open for wakeup grab b/c you won't be trying to tag them with a D1.

This is good tech, but I only see it working once or twice before ppl wakeup grab.
I haven't tested it but I think so.

I wouldn't mind that being an option, love more ways to bait shit.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
There is literally no way for a command grab in the current game to punish you unless it's Jason's which I don't have.

Wakeups are reversed, if you do the setup wrong and they are not then they happen when you're airborne.
Try it against Goro's SG on wake up.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Awesome find, thanks Qwark. Are any of Kotal's other knockdowns comparably advantageous, or does b32 stand alone in that department?

EDIT: Oh okay, you can do one from EX Sunstone in Sun God as well. I haven't really tried Blood or Sun God but I should probably mess with them a bit.
b+1,2 is also pretty advantageous juggle ender for a safe jump. Also enough advantage to cancel into Blood Offering or Sun Ray safely if you want to buff.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
They're too high to tech roll and get a reliable counter attack though.
Only if you sacrifice enough damage to do so. It's also not a safejump.

If you want to get off a ray, throw them. It's going to be rare enough that they won't tech anyway.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Only if you sacrifice enough damage to do so. It's also not a safejump.

If you want to get off a ray, throw them. It's going to be rare enough that they won't tech anyway.
The damage is close to what you're getting, but I see where you're coming from since it does cost one bar. However, wouldn't be unfair to get a full damage combo AND sacrifice? I mean we can still break 30% and get the buff with either:

f+2, f+2, f+2, b+1,4 > EX Air Throw, b+1,2 (ray/blood offering)
1,1,4 > EX Air Throw > f+2, b+1,2 (ray/blood offering)

If they're tech rolling, they'd have to commit to it before they see the move come out so you could just substitute a jump for the buff to continue pressure. I'll test it tonight just to make sure because the frame similarity is there. It would just give us more options to use your safe jump set up without it looking predictable once everyone catches on. More bait is good, right?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The damage is close to what you're getting, but I see where you're coming from since it does cost one bar. However, wouldn't be unfair to get a full damage combo AND sacrifice? I mean we can still break 30% and get the buff with either:

f+2, f+2, f+2, b+1,4 > EX Air Throw, b+1,2 (ray/blood offering)
1,1,4 > EX Air Throw > f+2, b+1,2 (ray/blood offering)

If they're tech rolling, they'd have to commit to it before they see the move come out so you could just substitute a jump for the buff to continue pressure. I'll test it tonight just to make sure because the frame similarity is there. It would just give us more options to use your safe jump set up without it looking predictable once everyone catches on. More bait is good, right?
Almost every character in the game can punish b12 ray I believe.

If you're going to spend a bar, you best make sure your combos are going to hurt.

If I were to face another kotal I would want him to waste damage on sunray, I'd just intimidate him out of the beam because I don't care if it's not EX. The normal beam gives too little life.

Blood offering on the other hand is completely crap if you can't land a F2 or low XX ex sun disc. And you spend your life to get that.

Belial

Noob
In fact blood offering rarely make up for 10% lost in combos. You usually get a bonus of 7% or so.
(It would be cool if it buffed throws, but throw consumes two hits out of 3 and you get 6% bonus here. Coverting cut into worthwhile damage is task close to impossible, you will need to connect 3 uppecuts i think, to make it worth)

It seems hard KDs are essential to SG and BG gameplay :\