Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

skcuf

Noob
New year: 114 still whiffs and 114xxDF1 still can't catch Torr's fat ass. Hopefully NRS made it their new years resolution to resolve the issues with their characters in KP2.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Sub Zero, Sub Zero, and Sub Zero :mad:
Unlike most bad match-ups in the game where you have some wiggle room to pull out a win, Blood God has some truly hopeless fights.

Honestly don't even try to pick BG against Grand Master, War God is one of the most anti-GM variations in the game.

Kotal is very easy to main all 3 variations with, and they each have their strengths in certain match-ups, so you should switch out accordingly.

IMO.

mattnin

Noob
The blood god vs GM matchup is better than I thought previously. It might be better than even cryomancer actually due to the decreased damage output of GM vs Cryo. It pays to be patient in the GM matchup. Parry clone toss and iceball in hopes of the high damage follow up. Sunlight for brief recovery while GM tries to bait with clone, ice ball. In the corner, jump back punch 1 for good range to get past the clone and counter subs often used b2 in this situation. Once he gets punished too many times by Kotal's J1, GM will usually back off during clone and give Kotal some room. You can nullify his clone just by being patient.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Hey guys, been a long time since I've posted in the Kotal forums, but I found something I thought was kind of interesting and wanted to check if it's old news or not. It's sadly not real tech, just a minor War God gimmick, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

In War God, off of combos such as f2, f2, f2, b14~EX air grab, b122~db3 (40%) the opponent can't neutral jump the unblockable. Now there are a ton of other ways around the unblockable keeping this from being something real (tech roll, forward jump, back jump, delay), but neutral jumping seems like many people's favored option, in my experience. I guess neutral jumping takes slightly longer? I'm not really sure why this works, only that it does (at least on the few characters I've tested it on).

NHDR

Noob
Wait, what the hell? DB1 MB is 0 on block? So the overhead EX sword is completely safe on block? I also noticed DF2 (saw blade) is -5, hence also safe. Wasn't that -6 before? War God Kotal, of course.

Second Saint

Wait, what the hell? DB1 MB is 0 on block? So the overhead EX sword is completely safe on block? I also noticed DF2 (saw blade) is -5, hence also safe. Wasn't that -6 before? War God Kotal, of course.
Ex overhead is -15 or so. Saw Blade has always been safe on block, but has a gap.

NHDR

Noob
In the pause menu under special moves, it said EX overhead is 0 on block. Trust me, I stared at it hard for a bit because I couldn't believe it. Must be a bug?

Second Saint

In the pause menu under special moves, it said EX overhead is 0 on block. Trust me, I stared at it hard for a bit because I couldn't believe it. Must be a bug?
It's literally said that since day 1. I was kind of bummed out when I found out it wasn't actually safe.

But yeah, multi hitting moves are often wrong. Remember raiden's -60 overhead?

It's literally said that since day 1. I was kind of bummed out when I found out it wasn't actually safe.

But yeah, multi hitting moves are often wrong. Remember raiden's -60 overhead?
Has anyone tested this. I went to the training room with WG against tempest lao. I turned on reversal with his ex spin, and I was able to immediately block after my db 1 ex overhead. The spin is like 6 or 7 frames. I would say that's pretty safe.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
It's almost certainly the first hit that's safe, like it's always been, which doesn't mean anything. No way are they giving Kotal a safe multi hit armored launcher that leads to 30%+ damage.

Second Saint

Has anyone tested this. I went to the training room with WG against tempest lao. I turned on reversal with his ex spin, and I was able to immediately block after my db 1 ex overhead. The spin is like 6 or 7 frames. I would say that's pretty safe.
I've personally tested it quite a few times. It's not safe. Either something has caused drastic changes, or you're doing it wrong. Is it possible you were spacing the ex db1 so that the spin whiffed? That's about the only thing I can imagine causing you to not get hit by spin.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ex-spin whiffs when u do ex oh sword from max range, but closer and its not safe at all

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Wargod vs. Cassie hollywood. And very good Cassie. In offline.
How bad this matchup for wargod? Bicoz i really sucks and loose, I think, 3 to 7.
What i must do, to beat her? Or, i better take another char for this matchup

I've personally tested it quite a few times. It's not safe. Either something has caused drastic changes, or you're doing it wrong. Is it possible you were spacing the ex db1 so that the spin whiffed? That's about the only thing I can imagine causing you to not get hit by spin.
Yeah, you guys are absolutely right. I kept my spacing a little farther back. that second launching hit is grossly unsafe. utilizing the df 2 seems to be a good alternative if you catch them blocking your b 121 / b 14 / 114 / or f1 b2 to give you the spacing needed (as long as they dont armor out the gap). this spacing typically baits the player to start pushing buttons or running towards you, but if you follow the df 2 into a db ex 1, it typically catches the oppenent and gives you a 30%+ combo.

NHDR

Noob
Yeah, haha, its my fault. Thing is, I always knew it was punishable since day 1. But I took a long hiatus from playing Kotal (shifted to Kano for at least the last 6 months or so) and then saw the frame data in training mode. I thought it was a buff I missed out on and got excited.

So I have one training partner, and he plays Dragons Fire Liu Kang. Offline, he gets the cancels out perfectly and does his entire block pressure ending with his ex OH for plus frames. He plays him like Xarakamaka if you have been following ESL. And when hes at a distance he zones with the quick low fireballs. The question is which variation Kotal would be a better match-up against this heavy pressure dragon fire liu. When i play war god, i have my armored reversals. but my projectile is very slow unless i spend a meter. using blood god, i gain massive amounts of meter with the obsidian totem up. and with my crystal totem out, i can get the heavy damage if i can open him up. the discs are also slightly faster than the sword toss, maybe a little better against the zoning. huge problem with blood god is finding an opening. not having any armored reversals besides the x-ray is very tough against a character who arguably has the strongest block pressure. Does anyone have experience with a dragons fire, and can help me find the perfect variation for this MU.