What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn changes for the Future

Solignac

Noob
Frankly, the hit advantage on the Air Grab special is bad. Kotal has almost no time to move in and start pressure, and in many cases he simply has to allow the opponent to wake up or risk being punished. Increasing the hit advantage somewhere between 8 to 10 frames would be ideal.
Do you mean the hit advantage or the recovery frames? The dangerous part about doing something like this is that Kotal can finish all of his combos with an air throw which does massive damage in certain circumstances, gives him screen position, and now will allow him to finish with a setup like a free totem or sunlight. Blood God does swaggy damage as it is but not having to compromise a totem for an air grab seems a little OP to me. If you can crank out 50+% with an obsidian totem out, because now you can finish with an airgrab then still drop another totem down assuming the current one disappears and you're setup for another go at another 50+%

mkl

Poopbutt.
No need for almost any of this shit. It would be nice if EX God Ray had less overall frames, 114~air grab would work on F/T, and EX Parry had its invincibility frames removed. Other than that and you're asking for way too much I think.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Do you mean the hit advantage or the recovery frames? The dangerous part about doing something like this is that Kotal can finish all of his combos with an air throw which does massive damage in certain circumstances, gives him screen position, and now will allow him to finish with a setup like a free totem or sunlight. Blood God does swaggy damage as it is but not having to compromise a totem for an air grab seems a little OP to me. If you can crank out 50+% with an obsidian totem out, because now you can finish with an airgrab then still drop another totem down assuming the current one disappears and you're setup for another go at another 50+%
I agree completely that he shouldn't have so much time that he can summon a totem and follow up with whatever he wants after an Air Grab. Like I've said before, I want to improve the frames so that Kotal isn't at a disadvantage on hit.

TKB

Noob
Someone else mentioned this and I agree, I hope they fix the whiffing issue vs ferra torr. 114 air grab and b122 sun grab both whiff on them for some reason. Just an annoyance.

E

Eldriken

Someone else mentioned this and I agree, I hope they fix the whiffing issue vs ferra torr. 114 air grab and b122 sun grab both whiff on them for some reason. Just an annoyance.
Isn't it strange how it whiffs on them when they have probably the biggest hitbox in the game? So stupid.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Sun god should be able to choose what side he wants but only if they change the input to dbf2.....just because itd be a minor inconvenience ti the players

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I'm surprised by people not liking the Sun Ray buff as well. This is a move that is almost never used because of how bad the frames are, and of how easy it is for the opponent to avoid. The amount of health lost/regenerated is also small, unless you choose to spend a bar.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm surprised by people not liking the Sun Ray buff as well. This is a move that is almost never used because of how bad the frames are, and of how easy it is for the opponent to avoid. The amount of health lost/regenerated is also small, unless you choose to spend a bar.
Alucard uses it all the time. The health buff is just a bonus, the main reason people use it is when Kotal has a lifelead against a non-zoner because depending on how much health you have left Kotal can sit in it and you are pretty much dead. Same thing if he knocks you down in the corner. No sun ray buffs pls.

War God
-Better hit advantage on OH & Low Sword.
-Better hitbox on 114

Sun God
-Slightly larger Sun Ray and slight better recovery
-Ability to change direction on SunChoke(as long as the input remain the same, just hold direction after the grab starts)

Blood God
-NO ARMOR!
-Blood totem doesn't go on hit/block

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
It's a great tool

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'd like to see a cosmetic change.

I think all the grapplers should have multiple randomized animations on command grabs, maybe 2 -3 different throws. All produce the same damage, have the same startup, end with the characters in the same positions and spacing, same recovery, etc etc . So functionally they are identical, but players and viewers we see some variety in the animation.

Kano and Sun God.... you just get sick of it. Especially Sun God as the animation is so long.

I'd like to see a cosmetic change.

I think all the grapplers should have multiple randomized animations on command grabs, maybe 2 -3 different throws. All produce the same damage, have the same startup, end with the characters in the same positions and spacing, same recovery, etc etc . So functionally they are identical, but players and viewers we see some variety in the animation.

Kano and Sun God.... you just get sick of it. Especially Sun God as the animation is so long.
But with Kano's Knee command throw, it is very different and has much better placing than Sun God Command grab. That grab is just too slow for no apparent reason.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I, too would like to see new skins. And if NRS wanted to be super super generous, fix 114 whiffing issues. As a Kotal main, I'll take any buffs they want to give, but I don't feel like we *need* anything at all, provided you see Kotal as a multi-variation character.

And as to needing him? Ehh, no. Especially not his damage. High damage is his 'thing' especially in SG and BG, no crazy mixups in to big damage, and both variations have to build that damage first (totem and lv3 choke) and WG doesn't have crazy practical damage. Hell WG doesn't even have high damage. The most common use in WG for a bar nets you 32%.

Hell Takeda gets 44% for a bar midscreen =\