What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Konfirmed for March 1st; Preorder For PSN & XBL Now

I'll never understand NRS' idea of pacing. Here's an announcement of KP2! Trailer follows 3 months later. Here's a kombat kast for Triborg! But now we'll just make you wait another month - through the release of SF5, lol - before you actually get to play him. They're good at creating hype but equally good - or better - at killing it.

The worst thing is that I've been looking forward to Triborg ever since he was announced (or more accurately, before the game was even out) so now I'm stuck playing characters I will never go back to after I get my hands on Triborg.
Well to defend NRS a little, it would have been foolish of them to not capitalize on attention the ESL MKX finals brought. There was over 31k people watching at one point.

Kokoko

Somehow
I'll never understand NRS' idea of pacing. Here's an announcement of KP2! Trailer follows 3 months later. Here's a kombat kast for Triborg! But now we'll just make you wait another month - through the release of SF5, lol - before you actually get to play him. They're good at creating hype but equally good - or better - at killing it.

The worst thing is that I've been looking forward to Triborg ever since he was announced (or more accurately, before the game was even out) so now I'm stuck playing characters I will never go back to after I get my hands on Triborg.
Do you understand that they won't release new characters before their new netcode? At this moment they're working with every of 29 characters, transferring them to an updated version of MKX. It'd be super stupid to release KP2 now and spend their money and time for another 4 chars after.

Also, ESL Finals is a great chance to show their new product and sell it.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
The Pit will be included for free on March, so you just have to wait now.

Can you tell me if is possible to download Goro and the old Skins Packs now if you Pre-Order the KP2?
You can already download the cosplay pack that comes with the kp 2 preorder, but you can't use it yet, because it hasn't been officially released. So maybe this means anyone that hasn't already downloaded goro/old skin packs, but preordered kp 2 can download them now since they're already available.
OP asking probably found the answer out but in case someone else was wondering: you can't download the already released skins even though they're out.

Last edited:
I reckon there will be a Kombat Kast every other Monday starting from the 1st Feb, makes sense if you think about it.

That would be sweet if MKXL was available as an update to the already existing game instead of a stand alone title. You know... like Ultra was to AE. MKXL and KP2 coming out after SFV allows people to try a fighter that's guaranteed to have longevity for 2 whole weeks before they even decide if they want to spend 60 bucks on a game that they have already.

MKXL is a patch update that's being marketed as a full price different game. If you already have MKX and the available DLC then you should be able to upgrade to MKXL at a reduced cost.

Did I miss something or can you do that?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
That would be sweet if MKXL was available as an update to the already existing game instead of a stand alone title. You know... like Ultra was to AE. MKXL and KP2 coming out after SFV allows people to try a fighter that's guaranteed to have longevity for 2 whole weeks before they even decide if they want to spend 60 bucks on a game that they have already.

MKXL is a patch update that's being marketed as a full price different game.
I'm losing you, what do you mean?

If you have MKX, you can just purchase the added content (KP2) just like when ssf4ae made the switch to usf4.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...

MKXL is a patch update that's being marketed as a full price different game. If you already have MKX and the available DLC then you should be able to upgrade to MKXL at a reduced cost.

Did I miss something or can you do that?
???

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/690578027630071808

I do believe this points to it being a free compatibly patch so that Owners of X will be upgraded to XL's netcode free of cost. I'm sure they would have added another bit in the XL purchasing options for "Just the new netcode please - $10" but things are pointing to it being a free patch (as usual).

Looks like I misunderstood. I looked at MKXL as a different full titled release that was separate from MKX all together. Nevermind.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Besides them adding The Pit as an extra stage, are we getting extras like the base game?

What I'm referring to is:

DLC Character Artwork
Stage (Pit) Artwork
Pit music track

Also, have they confirmed if they've added intro lines to the KP1 folks? Since they had to get all the voice talent back for KP2/XL, they could've added more lines to Goro/Tremor/Tanya and a few more reaction lines for the Predator/Jason match up.

Anyone know?

They updated the Kollection with character models for KP1, so I don't see why they wouldn't update it with KP2 and the Pit.

As for intro lines it probably comes down to which voice actors they could get. Most of the cast are famous voice actors and I don't think it'd be worth paying them to come in for just a few lines of dialogue. They would probably get Richard Epcar to do some lines for Raiden fighting Bo Rai Cho though. Also Bo Rai Cho is voiced by Steve Blum, who also voices Reptile and Sub-Zero, so they might add some lines for those characters.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
This has probably been asked already but search function didn't find it. I pre-ordered KP2 and it is pre-loaded as well. Will it unlock and new characters will be playable at midnight or will I have to wait until the afternoon of March 1st when the playstation store updates?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
This has probably been asked already but search function didn't find it. I pre-ordered KP2 and it is pre-loaded as well. Will it unlock and new characters will be playable at midnight or will I have to wait until the afternoon of March 1st when the playstation store updates?
same question as his but for XBox One

I don't have really have any answers for you... I'm in the same boat but for Xbox One. Just making sure you know that the new characters aren't on your system and won't be until we get the new update. If they don't release the update by midnight tomorrow then yes you'll have to wait until the update. You'd have to assume it goes live tomorrow but until it does who knows. Hopefully someone clears this up but at the very least Tuesday really isn't that far away.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Can't wait to buy Alien and Tri/quad or Pentaborg, cyber Scorpion may still be the biggest unrevealed secret yet. I will not buy those two stupid characters Bo Rai Cho and Leatherface nor do I need those cosplay ninja skins for two of the dumbest female characters in the game.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Can't wait to buy Alien and Tri/quad or Pentaborg, cyber Scorpion may still be the biggest unrevealed secret yet. I will not buy those two stupid characters Bo Rai Cho and Leatherface nor do I need those cosplay ninja skins for two of the dumbest female characters in the game.
I hope you get bodied by someone who uses exclusively LF and BRC.

Kokoko

Somehow
They should be playable at midnight. Patches and updates of games don't depend on the Store. But there is something else. You already downloaded "unlocker" for characters which will make them playable at midnight, but you must download a patch with characters for upgrade your game to MKXL as well. If they won't release this patch before March 1st, you should wait

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
I hope you get bodied by someone who uses exclusively LF and BRC.
Actually that will never happen because if I don't buy those two stupid characters for my console why on earth would I even play someone using those two characters lol. Those two characters are so stupid anyone playing them will never get the privilege of playing against me. Btw, don't be surprised if many players decline you once you choose Leatherface or Bo Rai Cho at the select screen. lol

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I wish NRS would tell us when the patch will drop. My timer ends in like 11hrs & 45mins as I'm in Australia. I don't mind waiting but some clarification from NRS would be nice.

Didn't they say in the patch notes stream that they would release the patch notes today?

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Actually that will never happen because if I don't buy those two stupid characters for my console why on earth would I even play someone using those two characters lol. Those two characters are so stupid anyone playing them will never get the privilege of playing against me. Btw, don't be surprised if many players decline you once you choose Leatherface or Bo Rai Cho at the select screen. lol
I'm sure you will be the only one ducking LF and BRC