What's new

Tech - Mournful Kitana's insane blockstring in Mournful (up to 31% chip) BIG CHARACTERS ONLY!!

Viable?

• Total voters

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@xKhaoTik if someone takes the 2 of the 212 string then how hard is it to hit confirm the last part of that stream or do u have to make a read on it?
You have to be quick to finish it when you see it hit, but it is definitely doable. I usually input 21 then 2~df1 a bit later and not do it all at once.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
The Scorpion and D'Vorah players who told us "It's no problem bro, just take the hit!" can hold ALL of this. I have no sympathy for them.
I dunno about others, but the point I tried to make with that was it was the best possible solution until they nerfed it, which was true.

Cool to see Kitana getting some good stuff now though, especially in the Jade variation.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Remember when scorpion was doing 15% chip? It wasn't fine, right Scorpion haters?

Will Scorpion Haters now hate Kitana too? Because she can do 31% chip?

:DOGE
False equivalency. This takes meter, fbcs did not.

Tanya has this in Kobu and it is super fun. I would test on all characters ducking because it might whiff on dome crouching hitboxes like Tanyas does.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
This is neat lol. I was messing around with Assassin again (back from when I switched over to Royal Storm).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

Tanya has this in Kobu and it is super fun. I would test on all characters ducking because it might whiff on dome crouching hitboxes like Tanyas does.
You can duck the toss coming back tho. I still abuse tf outta it lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

I've only used the Kobu EX Tonfa against Scorpion and he was able to duck the return which made me super sad ;_; ... can all characters duck it?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
That sucks. Its still great to check people with. You guys should also test if you have enough hit advantage to combo off of it from 3/4ths of the screen(I dont know what her fastest normal is but Tanya can do it by running into a 9f normal)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I've only used the Kobu EX Tonfa against Scorpion and he was able to duck the return which made me super sad ;_; ... can all characters duck it?
Yes all characters can duck
That sucks. Its still great to check people with. You guys should also test if you have enough hit advantage to combo off of it from 3/4ths of the screen(I dont know what her fastest normal is but Tanya can do it by running into a 9f normal)
Kitana can combo from full screen with this. I think they stealth buffed it. Before, she couldn't even land a jip when ex glaive hit unless she was in the corner.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Nice find man. I remember week 1 khaotic was in the forums endlessly. Kitana has been my main since week 1 , I've had alternates obviously (rip dvorah :/ ) but kitana was the reason I played. So glad her and Mileena got the help they needed . Kick ass in esl @kitanaprime

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
It's unfair in the sense that if you have 30% health and correctly block, that you have no options, assuming there are no holes. Maybe push block will finally have a real use.

It's unfair in the sense that if you have 30% health and correctly block, that you have no options, assuming there are no holes. Maybe push block will finally have a real use.
I'm sure that's the point of it so saying you have no options is a bit of a stretch. If anything it opens up her potential as it jails allowing mixup from there.