What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Whenever I do 2 or so fans from fullscreen they usually teleport, then I just punish him accordingly.
Umm, that's not how it went with inferno scorpion. He just kept running away and spamming his demons. If I threw a fan, his low demon would catch me and then he could do his spear into a full combo. Scorpions with half a brain know not to do unsafe teleports all the time, granted very few scorpions actually have half a brain.

Guys i see there is combo's that start with 1,1 and then go into fan for example. Why wouldn't you always go 1,1,2 into DF1 into a big BNB? Does 1,1, not always confirm into 2 or something?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Guys i see there is combo's that start with 1,1 and then go into fan for example. Why wouldn't you always go 1,1,2 into DF1 into a big BNB? Does 1,1, not always confirm into 2 or something?
111*

i only use 11 lift with mournful

The Magician

According to my sources...
Umm, that's not how it went with inferno scorpion. He just kept running away and spamming his demons. If I threw a fan, his low demon would catch me and then he could do his spear into a full combo. Scorpions with half a brain know not to do unsafe teleports all the time, granted very few scorpions actually have half a brain.
What xero said, if you guess right assassin strike will grant safe passage for pressure.

11DB1 nets you more damage overall
How high? I can probably get around 35-37% with a 112 df1 if I recall correctly. I'm not at my ps4 so don't trust me on that.

EDIT: Nvm, on my sticky notes it says f112 df1 JiK AF dash f43 11 TS is 35%, 36% with a jump in. You can also do it with assassin strike at 37% but its really tight. Unless we are just talking regular 11 then I haven't tested the 11db1 yet

Last edited:
What xero said, if you guess right assassin strike will grant safe passage for pressure.

How high? I can probably get around 35-37% with a 112 df1 if I recall correctly. I'm not at my ps4 so don't trust me on that.

EDIT: Nvm, on my sticky notes it says f112 df1 JiK AF dash f43 11 TS is 35%, 36% with a jump in. You can also do it with assassin strike at 37% but its really tight. Unless we are just talking regular 11 then I haven't tested the 11db1 yet
Any two hit starter right into DB3 will give you a higher damage output than if you would do string into fan. For example starting with 11 DB1 can get F43 F43 21 DF1 JiK DF1 dash in F4 DB3 and get 37% or so but if I do 111 DF1 I only get about 32% because of scaling

The Magician

Any two hit starter right into DB3 will give you a higher damage output than if you would do string into fan. For example starting with 11 DB1 can get F43 F43 21 DF1 JiK DF1 dash in F4 DB3 and get 37% or so but if I do 111 DF1 I only get about 32% because of scaling
Ah gotcha, wasn't sure if we were talking about regular 11 or forward, since the other guy was talking about 112. But yeah, whenever I try 111df1 I can't cap out above 32 meterless as well, 11db1 is definitely stronger... that scaling.

Ah gotcha, wasn't sure if we were talking about regular 11 or forward, since the other guy was talking about 112. But yeah, whenever I try 111df1 I can't cap out above 32 meterless as well, 11db1 is definitely stronger... that scaling.
I think I can get 35 off 111 DF1 but I still prefer getting as close to 40 as possible. I should also note that F11 DB1 gets you 38% with that same combo posted earlier

EDIT:
Nope I could only get 34% off 111 DF1 starter

Last edited:

The Magician

I think I can get 35 off 111 DF1 but I still prefer getting as close to 40 as possible. I should also note that F11 DB1 gets you 38% with that same combo posted earlier

EDIT:
Nope I could only get 34% off 111 DF1 starter
Can you subsitute the 21 for f4 in the combo above?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Yeah this shit right here... needs to go. Everyone minus Ferra/Tor can cause a predictable Kitana to whiff her EX shadow kick to pass through her leaving her very wide open.
I noticed this last night when I was testing stuff against Mournful Kitana. So dumb how the pushbox is so high that 99% of the cast can just duck under it and it goes right through them. Seems to only happen at midrange.

On another note... PLEASE STOP POSTING WRONG INPUTS! People listing 111 as 112, b14 as b13, db1 as db3... it needs to stop lol .... Just use Fan for df1, Lift for db1, etc. We ALL know how to do these moves and if you don't, you can look it up in the game or ask. /rant

I was testing what to do against Mileena's wakeups and her only true option is EX Roll as it has armor on frame 1. Every other wakeup (including EX Telekick) get beat by a well timed 11. But if she does EX Roll, you eat a combo. If you do an uppercut on her wakeup, it hits her out of everything and does the full 14% damage to the EX Roll. It's a losing situation if she does that, but that hurts! I am unsure if Reversal Roll punishes the blocked uppercut.

I noticed this last night when I was testing stuff against Mournful Kitana. So dumb how the pushbox is so high that 99% of the cast can just duck under it and it goes right through them. Seems to only happen at midrange.

On another note... PLEASE STOP POSTING WRONG INPUTS! People listing 111 as 112, b14 as b13, db1 as db3... it needs to stop lol .... Just use Fan for df1, Lift for db1, etc. We ALL know how to do these moves and if you don't, you can look it up in the game or ask. /rant

I was testing what to do against Mileena's wakeups and her only true option is EX Roll as it has armor on frame 1. Every other wakeup (including EX Telekick) get beat by a well timed 11. But if she does EX Roll, you eat a combo. If you do an uppercut on her wakeup, it hits her out of everything and does the full 14% damage to the EX Roll. It's a losing situation if she does that, but that hurts! I am unsure if Reversal Roll punishes the blocked uppercut.
Where did I post a wrong input? And that works up close as well.

Ardul

Noob
Ey guys, I have been testing b+1,4 OS and I think it could be consistent. b+1,4 is 0 on block, so b+1,4 to bd+1 on hit and just b+1,4 on block would be a great tool imo.

Thanks to Xero_18 I found out something interesting that MAY explain why she has this infinite.

Standing 2 is 8 frames on start up, its a normal link with 3 frame window.

Ey guys, I have been testing b+1,4 OS and I think it could be consistent. b+1,4 is 0 on block, so b+1,4 to bd+1 on hit and just b+1,4 on block would be a great tool imo.
That option select is best used in situations against characters whose fastest mid normals are 8 frames or slower as you can poke them right after if they try to do something that's not armored. If you feel they will try to throw you have a 2 frame window to punish them with 11 DB1.

Oh My. Mournful is gonna get nerfed lol
LOL it was my first day with mournful... my bad Dad

What really drive me crazy about this situation is that it legitimately LOOKS like her F22 string should b an overhead, but isn't. My friend and I were talking about this yesterday. The move animation IS an overhead lol.

Also, if ur opponent has a life lead and common sense all they have to do is turtle and duck, and the whole throw fans like crazy strategy is mute and dont get me started on that SUPER SLOW/UNSAFE overhead of hers :/

Last edited:
Standing 2 is 8 frames on start up, its a normal link with 3 frame window.
So PC frame data hasn't been updated yet? Also there are no links in MKX, if you try and connect her standing 2 or d1 normally after the glaive it will never combo. These moves only combo after holding up+forward before inputting the d1 or standing 2, so there has to be something going on with her jumping allow you to bypass the current system implemented in the game to prevent moves from comboing this way.

Last edited:

QED

Noob
1 punishes it right after knife hits even when spaced.

OS into chain. On hit combo, on block chain.

EDIT:
For those who may be confused I described what I was doing in the description on the youtube page. Most of her strings end in a negative advantage but not so much so that canceling into fan, with the exception of probably one or two strings, would make them "safer". Fans being -10 on block is very punishable.
Any idea why these OSes work mechanically? Kinda wanna mess around with Kitana OSes and formulate some but need a fundamental idea why it's coming out only on hitstun compared to blockstun. Doesn't make sense why one would take preference to cancel over the chain solely on hitstun.

EDIT:

Read up on the other video, but it seems like this may not be an actual true OS? It's more solely as an input buffer instead of letting the game decide for you?

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
doing iaj2 is so tough on the ground and the infinite with 2,1, df1 doesn't work. At least on cassie it doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.