What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Magician

According to my sources...
an 8F f1 would be awesome tho lol.

speaking of f1, why is this move suicidal on block AND HIT?! It's not even fast, doesnt advance that far, isn't low/OH, yet it's that detrimental.
It's weird though, nobody ever seems to want to punish when I accidentally tap f1 instead of f11 even though they have like 2 seconds to punish it.

EDIT: Some short IAF practice before I go to bed:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Poor Mournful...

d1 avoids normal Glaive too. 111~Glaive is unavoidable, however... and 111~EX Glaive you can backdash the return.

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Those are probably the same people who block f22u4xxFloat and let us gracefully fall back to the ground without punishing then tell us how good Kitana's footsie tools are.
Poor Mournful...

d1 avoids normal Glaive too.
My parry was blocked TWICE in one night...
Excuse all three of you, REO has stated many times that she doesn't need much help.

7L has suggested you just need to space better.

Riyo thinks she is top tier. Cossner's local kitanas are wrecking the field.

REO knows what's up.

*insert that cute little doge face*

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I'm having a blast with Kitana. No complaints so far. She tons of fun and has awesome meterless combos. I used to think she was weak because she's not a 50/50 character, but she has a unique zoning and heavy punishing play style that I find to be quite effective.

With what? He's so far away, nothing reaches unless he does it point blank. I've only been able to get ij2 to work.
1 punishes it right after knife hits even when spaced.

OS into chain. On hit combo, on block chain.

EDIT:
For those who may be confused I described what I was doing in the description on the youtube page. Most of her strings end in a negative advantage but not so much so that canceling into fan, with the exception of probably one or two strings, would make them "safer". Fans being -10 on block is very punishable.

Last edited:
This game is weird. Kitana is solid, but not top tier. This game is mix up heavy and Kitana does not have them. What she does have however are easy converts into a lot of meterless damage. I say there is some balance. I think if her overhead was slightly faster she'd be able to romp with the higher tier people just fine because now people would have to respect the word defense. It's not about being a "smarter fighter." It's about balance.

A lot of people hate on mournful but it can help you open people up more and it's a little safer. Remember this game is about opening people up more than damage. One bar of mournful does create setups and lead to good damage. Think of it as Kung Lao needs bar for ex hat spin.

She also has air mobility in a game where everyone has the same jump arc.

By the way Mileena suffers more than Kitana at opening people up. They are essentially the same, Kitana has easier and safer confirms into more damage. I love Mileena more than any character, but now I'm using more Kitana because she is way less YOLO. Please don't argue about Mileena's f3 opener because it's 32 frames. And Mileena's MB Ethereal stance moves literally do nothing.

Another way they can balance the game is changing frame data, walk speed, and gravity / juggling per variation.

The Magician

This game is weird. Kitana is solid, but not top tier. This game is mix up heavy and Kitana does not have them. What she does have however are easy converts into a lot of meterless damage. I say there is some balance. I think if her overhead was slightly faster she'd be able to romp with the higher tier people just fine because now people would have to respect the word defense. It's not about being a "smarter fighter." It's about balance.

A lot of people hate on mournful but it can help you open people up more and it's a little safer. Remember this game is about opening people up more than damage. One bar of mournful does create setups and lead to good damage. Think of it as Kung Lao needs bar for ex hat spin.

She also has air mobility in a game where everyone has the same jump arc.

By the way Mileena suffers more than Kitana at opening people up. They are essentially the same, Kitana has easier and safer confirms into more damage. I love Mileena more than any character, but now I'm using more Kitana because she is way less YOLO. Please don't argue about Mileena's f3 opener because it's 32 frames. And Mileena's MB Ethereal stance moves literally do nothing.

Another way they can balance the game is changing frame data, walk speed, and gravity / juggling per variation.
They should make her f1 not -34 on block and -24 on hit, you might as well just erase the move.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Anyone accidentally do a combo and forget what it was because you were just improvising?
I do that a lot lol.

I still need to practice corner combos with her. I have like 2, but I know that I can get more damage than what I'm already getting.

The Magician

I do that a lot lol.

I still need to practice corner combos with her. I have like 2, but I know that I can get more damage than what I'm already getting.
I have a 43% meterless that I posted in the bnb combo thread and regular combo thread if you wanna check it out.
or here's the notation: Ji2 f43 f43 f33 df1 JiK AF NJP f4 db1 JiK 3 Assassin Strike or Throat Slice, its 42% without the Ji2.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I have a 43% meterless that I posted in the bnb combo thread and regular combo thread if you wanna check it out.
or here's the notation: Ji2 f43 f43 f33 df1 JiK AF NJP f4 db1 JiK 3 Assassin Strike or Throat Slice, its 42% without the Ji2.

you can do f43x2, f33 fan, jk fan, jk air float njp, 3 lift, jk, 3 TS for 43%. 44% with jip

The Magician

you can do f43x2, f33 fan, jk fan, jk air float njp, 3 lift, jk, 3 TS for 43%. 44% with jip
Yeah I tried that one as well when I was figuring out a corner combo, I switch between those two every once in a while if I'm worried about getting into the corner in a matchup.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
idk if you guys knew this, but Sonya's arc kick is very weird to punish. If you block it low, you can punish it with w.e you want, but if you block it high, you have to run to punish it. No normals reach fast enough to punish it if you blocked high and if you don't run.

Last edited:
idk if you guys knew this, but Sonya's arc kick is very weird to punish. If you block it low, you can punish it with w.e you want, but if you block it high, you have to run to punish it. No normals reach fast enough to punish it if you blocked high if you don't run.
I think that has to do with the push back difference between standing and crouching

Yeah this shit right here... needs to go. Everyone minus Ferra/Tor can cause a predictable Kitana to whiff her EX shadow kick to pass through her leaving her very wide open.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
So what are you guys doing against inferno Scorpion? To me he's the most retarded character and ruins the game. When I'm on the ground, I constantly have to be blocking low because his low rising demon is a full combo starter from anywhere on the screen. And when I'm jumping I just get hit by his air demon. I can't set up any sort of zoning without taking huge risks. It just feels like I'm at a bad disadvantage no matter where I am against him.

The Magician

So what are you guys doing against inferno Scorpion? To me he's the most retarded character and ruins the game. When I'm on the ground, I constantly have to be blocking low because his low rising demon is a full combo starter from anywhere on the screen. And when I'm jumping I just get hit by his air demon. I can't set up any sort of zoning without taking huge risks. It just feels like I'm at a bad disadvantage no matter where I am against him.
Whenever I do 2 or so fans from fullscreen they usually teleport, then I just punish him accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.