What's new

Kano Patch changes.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Past said:
Didn't "lol upball" Kano have the advantage versus Raiden?
Absolutely.

I was struggling against Raiden like most people were when the game was first released. Tom Brady had told me to pick Kano when the up ball gets buffed. I did not lose to a single Raiden player off-line or online for a couple of months. LOL.

At the moment, I think Kabal vs. Raiden is even. Kabal and Sub Zero are definitely the bad match ups for Kano.

Somberness

Lights
The only thing Kano cannot do in this match up any longer is blow through Raiden's strings with the up ball because it is about 9 frames now. If he could, Raiden would be no match. Raiden is arguably Kano's best top tier match up in my opinion.
Up ball still hits on the 8th frame, that hasn't changed since a while back.

Thanks for the suggestions Dave. I want to go to Console Combat even more now!

I'm just thinking that a good Raiden would wait to see you throw the knife and teleport on reaction, and he should get significant frame advantage even if he can't necessarily punish you. I have yet to play a good Raiden since the patch, admittedly, so if there really is -2 recovery on the knife in addition to the +2 recovery on teleport then I could totally see you being right.

Also, thanks a lot Ruuku! Curious to see what you find...I'm guessing you can upball Sektor out of 12b1 and 122, and hit Kung Lao before the last hit of 21212 (whether it's the punch, the overhead, or a low hat).

This right here is the only buff I really needed. Sure pre-patch knifes would be nice and maybe some more damaging combo's, but if I can get reliable 30+ combo every time, I'll take it.
I would trade this and the the safety of upbal for the old knives :(

cyke_out

Noob
Maybe noob might be more your speed for a full on zoner. nice anti-air in up kick similiar to up ball, tackle is overhead, slide is a low.