What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Idk if anybody really wants to hear more from Kano mains, but I'd come on and talk about how Commando is fine as long as his whiffs are fixed; and the one or 2 buffs I would give him if I had to find one to give him; I have some interesting ideas; but honestly I haven't gotten to play with all the new hit advantage on his normals nearly as much as I want to; and I have to think there is something we can do with that added time.

ando1184

Noob
Idk if anybody really wants to hear more from Kano mains, but I'd come on and talk about how Commando is fine as long as his whiffs are fixed; and the one or 2 buffs I would give him if I had to find one to give him; I have some interesting ideas; but honestly I haven't gotten to play with all the new hit advantage on his normals nearly as much as I want to; and I have to think there is something we can do with that added time.
Well as far as I know, no one has physically heard from Kano mains except for youph? I just wanna get something on record because maybe people will be more inclined to listen if it's setup like a podcast or something?

Edit : Let's set up a pm to further discuss how to organize this.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Well as far as I know, no one has physically heard from Kano mains except for youph? I just wanna get something on record because maybe people will be more inclined to listen if it's setup like a podcast or something?

Edit : Let's set up a pm to further discuss how to organize this.
I'm happy to help. Let me know.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
My 2 cents:

• MB Wood Chipper to have less damage scaling, no reason why he shouldn't do 38% to 42% for 1 bar when several other characters can easily do that much.
  • Allow Charge Up to increase Kano's damage by 33% again like before the hotfix.
  • Remove EX Charge Up Damage over Time, or at least reduce it to 5% damage total.
  • Take back the Hit Cancel Advantage.
Commando is near perfect, he just needs less damage scaling on his MB Wood Chipper. Cutthroat doesn't need another damn combo extender, but allowing EX Charge Up to be a pressure tool instead to leave Kano very + on block like the other pressure characters would be interesting.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
My 2 cents:

• MB Wood Chipper to have less damage scaling, no reason why he shouldn't do 38% to 42% for 1 bar when several other characters can easily do that much.
  • Allow Charge Up to increase Kano's damage by 33% again like before the hotfix.
  • Remove EX Charge Up Damage over Time, or at least reduce it to 5% damage total.
  • Take back the Hit Cancel Advantage.
Commando is near perfect, he just needs less damage scaling on his MB Wood Chipper. Cutthroat doesn't need another damn combo extender, but allowing EX Charge Up to be a pressure tool instead to leave Kano very + on block like the other pressure characters would be interesting.
Charge Up is the EX version...

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Charge Up is the EX version...
You knew what he meant lol

And my only changes would for Kano would be

Universal: Make Ex ball cancel like +7 or more on hit. There's no point for Commando's 32 MB, they can take it away for all I care.

Cutthroat: Pre-patch Ex Buff, not much more to say other than that his current version has no purpose (absolutely none) outside of a single corner combo. Pre-patch Ex buff used to be a move for players who liked to think(anti WU) and for those with good execution(B12 Ex buff 112 links), now it's just a scrub move.

Cybernetic: My cries for Cybernetic have been numerous but I don't really care anymore. If he was to get changed then maybe give him 6% normal and 12% ex knives (leave chip the same), OR make laser grab range from -3 to 0 on block. But those would be luxury buffs, he's fine where he is being the Ryu of this game.

Commando: Ex ball cancel buff and he'd be fine. If you really wanted to sweeten him up you could give him Tick throws off either b13, 32, or F4 but that's probably too good.

Last edited:

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Say something bad about Truetalent's stream and Tyler Lansdown will come crashing in :DOGE
I don't think he streams MKX anymore. Which is kind of a shame, because I enjoyed his streams. I also noticed he gets less than half of the viewers he used to get when he did stream MKX, so it's kind of a shame for everyone.

Youphemism

You knew what he meant lol

And my only changes would for Kano would be

Universal: Make Ex ball cancel like +7 or more on hit. There's no point for Commando's 32 MB, they can take it away for all I care.

Cutthroat: Pre-patch Ex Buff, not much more to say other than that his current version has no purpose (absolutely none) outside of a single corner combo. Pre-patch Ex buff used to be a move for players who liked to think(anti WU) and for those with good execution(B12 Ex buff 112 links), now it's just a scrub move.

Cybernetic: My cries for Cybernetic have been numerous but I don't really care anymore. If he was to get changed then maybe give him 6% normal and 12% ex knives (leave chip the same), OR make laser grab range from -3 to 0 on block. But those would be luxury buffs, he's fine where he is being the Ryu of this game.

Commando: Ex ball cancel buff and he'd be fine. If you really wanted to sweeten him up you could give him Tick throws off either b13, 32, or F4 but that's probably too good.
The only thing I want changed for Cybernetic is an increase on the damage of knives so projectile trades are at least even against other zoners. What do you mean about laser grab range being -3 on block?

I honestly think Commando could do with one or two more ticks and he'd be fine. I mean he's not op with the ticks he has, I don't think giving him one on B13 would be the end of the world. It would just give him a bit of a scarier offence. F4 has too many problems with other moves as it is so making it a tick would just add to its problems imo.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I don't think he streams MKX anymore. Which is kind of a shame, because I enjoyed his streams. I also noticed he gets less than half of the viewers he used to get when he did stream MKX, so it's kind of a shame for everyone.
Unless he stopped this week I definitely watched him play earlier in week. It was in middle of the day so he might not stream a lot of mkx anymore

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
The only thing I want changed for Cybernetic is an increase on the damage of knives so projectile trades are at least even against other zoners. What do you mean about laser grab range being -3 on block?

I honestly think Commando could do with one or two more ticks and he'd be fine. I mean he's not op with the ticks he has, I don't think giving him one on B13 would be the end of the world. It would just give him a bit of a scarier offence. F4 has too many problems with other moves as it is so making it a tick would just add to its problems imo.
Bruh we've already been over the laser grab "Ranging from ___ to ___", it means I want it to go from -12(current) to either -3,-2,-1, or 0. It's more of a personable buff since I play Cybernetic more bullishly. Increasing damage on his knives would be more reasonable.

And Tick throws are one of those NRS things where they're either really good or whatever, and I don't want him being too good because of it. Just run in, do b13 and have immediate guessing game.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think Commando should have more tick throws. It's what grapplers should do. Get inside and make you regret it. Nothing wrong with a strong grappler slamming you but NRS doesn't make those lol.

Youphemism

Bruh we've already been over the laser grab "Ranging from ___ to ___", it means I want it to go from -12(current) to either -3,-2,-1, or 0. It's more of a personable buff since I play Cybernetic more bullishly. Increasing damage on his knives would be more reasonable.

And Tick throws are one of those NRS things where they're either really good or whatever, and I don't want him being too good because of it. Just run in, do b13 and have immediate guessing game.
The way you worded it made it sound like you wanted the range on the laser grab to change to something else on block which is why I had no idea what you were talking about lol. I don't see the problem with making 1+3 safe but 2+4 is already pretty much unpunishable as it is even though it's -8 so just block confirm into that.

That's the thing, Commando wouldn't be too good because of it. Erron has a ton more ticks but he's not the best in the game, and you barely see Brawler Cassie even though she has more too. If you put the ticks in the right places he just becomes a better variation, not a broken one.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Commando:

* Make 32 tick. The string has shit range but would make them guess between grab or wood chipper (both are full combo punishable on a read). 32 is already different from other variations so tweaking it shouldn't effect the other variations.

* fix whiff issues

* make choke + on hit so you can actually oki afterwards.

Cyber:

* make knives 7% on hit.

* fix whiff issues

* make restand closer or or be more plus on hit so they have to block a knife afterwards. Or even 2in1 cancellable lol

ando1184

Noob

I agree for the commando stuff, however I would like 321+3 MB to scale less (if it's gonna stay). I mean there is no sense that it scales that much when it's a variant exclusive move and ex balls scales enough already.

ando1184

Noob
Commando:

* Make 32 tick. The string has shit range but would make them guess between grab or wood chipper (both are full combo punishable on a read). 32 is already different from other variations so tweaking it shouldn't effect the other variations.

* fix whiff issues

Cyber:

* make knives 7% on hit.

* fix whiff issues

* make restand closer or or be more plus on hit so they have to block a knife afterwards. Or even 2in1 cancellable lol
For cyber, I like where you're thinking. I would like an damage increase in ex knives as well though. Or at least something with ex knives? Like what if you could do ex knife but hold it and the knives would just spin in place wherever you held the button? I know it sounds kinda weird since Kano is just an ordinary guy but tons of characters have weird shit like this and it would at least allow him to have some unique zoning strategies other than just tossing the knives for no real reward or threat. Thoughts?

Youphemism

Commando:

* fix whiff issues

Cyber:

* make knives 7% on hit.

* fix whiff issues

I personally don't want the opponent right next to me but others seem to want it and it leaves them in an awkward position right now so whatever lol. They can't jump out of a knife as it is anyway so they may as well have to hold it. Making 1+3 cancellable is interesting...
I agree for the commando stuff, however I would like 321+3 MB to scale less (if it's gonna stay). I mean there is no sense that it scales that much when it's a variant exclusive move and ex balls scales enough already.
Yeah I agree, why give him new moves that actually scale heavier than the tools he already uses? Not that much heavier mind you but still heavier than ex ball cancel. Makes no sense.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
B13 1+3 xx Laser B23 2+4 MB NJP B1 B1 B13 1+3 xx straight ball would become his new BnB if it was special cancelable. It would also give him a strong damage buff as a result, a bit too strong IMO.

Last edited:

Youphemism

B13 1+3 xx Laser B23 2+4 MB NJP B1 B1 B13 1+3 xx straight ball would become his new BnB if it was special cancelable. It would also give him a strong damage buff as a result, a bit too strong IMO.
Then they'd nerf his 1+3 damage like they did with Sub Zero. But if Cybernetic were to get that they'd need to give Commando at least ONE more tick if it's going to be as competitively equal as Cutthroat and Cyber at that point.

kraezyx

I never considered you at all.
Definitely would like choke to be positive on hit, being negative makes it a bit meh to use.
Also no pushback on EX ball's first hit so you can just njP off of it without the dash would be a nice quality of life change.
Seeing Jason's command grabs' reach is a bit depressing when you compare to Kano's, but eh, can survive with some more whiff fixes.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Does F4xx have a gap now? I used to be able to do F4xxlaser on a bunch of the cast, now it seems like they just poke out of it 10/10 times