What's new

kano frame traps/advantage

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hello kano kommuinty :cheers:

ive tried bit of asking around but no one in my circles plays kano higlevel
ive seen mentioned kano has some frame traps involving choke? could some1 explain these?
also if there are any other frame traps?
or what normals/strings kano gets advantage of(if any)

hope you kano players can help me out

Choke is -1 on block, therefore not a frame trap. It's just a way to make strings, like B2 F1, safe. F11 gives advantage on hit, and is 0 on block. Recovery frames are pretty short for F11, so you can quickly follow up with a d1. B112 is 0. Kano doesn't really have any frame traps, just block string mix ups.

Shoutouts to somberness.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Choke is -1 on block, therefore not a frame trap. It's just a way to make strings, like B2 F1, safe. F11 gives advantage on hit, and is 0 on block. Recovery frames are pretty short for F11, so you can quickly follow up with a d1. B112 is 0. Kano doesn't really have any frame traps, just block string mix ups.

Shoutouts to somberness.
thanks for the info man :top:

ok so i was being bullshit onthe whole choke frame trap thing,good to know lol
so it used in the same way baraka uses slices to make strings safe

thats some intresting stuff with the f11~d1 and b112, again thanks for the info
by chance you wouldnyt know know what is overhead starter string is on block??

I also know of the f11 advantage, and I use it all the time after a jump in and before a low or medium combo starter. Don't know if there are any for choke - would love to hear about it if there are any.

Tested B2, and it seems to be a little more than -12. I was able to punish with SZ's B1 which has a 12 frame start up, but couldn't punish with sz's standing 1 which is 16 frames. B1F2 looks like it has the same recovery frames (haven't tested how punishable though). B23 has less recovery frames, but i'm not sure if it's safe.

Also, both strings can be interrupted.