What's new

Kano Changes coming in post patch hotfix

Xstatic

Noob
It's a big problem for Reptile. His actual dash is painfully slow, once you're in there, he's just going to up ball you again without fear of being punished and continue the barrage of knives.
Reptile has the worst dash in the game. For the majority of the cast, the knife isn't a huge problem. I think a damage nerf would be the best way to go about it. Make it 7% for all I care. I just don't want them to reduce the recovery.

Edit: MK9 is looking better, actually. After the hotfix, mostly all the BS will be gone. People forget that MvC3 also had patches that got rid of stupid shit like infinites and glitches, but because it's Capcom they get a free pass. Right now the MvC3 community is crying for a patch for Phoenix and Wolverine. At least NRS is getting this shit out of the way now.

DCT

Noob
Reptile has the worst dash in the game. For the majority of the cast, the knife isn't a huge problem. I think a damage nerf would be the best way to go about it. Make it 7% for all I care. I just don't want them to reduce the recovery.

Edit: MK9 is looking better, actually. After the hotfix, mostly all the BS will be gone. People forget that MvC3 also had patches that got rid of stupid shit like infinites and glitches, but because it's Capcom they get a free pass. Right now the MvC3 community is crying for a patch for Phoenix and Wolverine. At least NRS is getting this shit out of the way now.
I agree with that, but you have to keep in mind that Reps's basic dash is bad because he has a special dash which is pretty fast, as for the MVC3 and Capcom getting a pass, People do complain about Capcom and when they do something stupid i.e. AE, Level 3 X-factor, Sentinal nerf, locked content DLC, ect. but Capcom overall had what is considered a better track record game wise so the complaints seem less damning to people then it does when someone calls something out in MK, since NRS back when they were the MK team/Midway did not have the best track record in the world.

Best thing to do is take those who act like this game is dead, trash or whatnot based on issues that have been getting fixed with a grain of salt, but that's just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I don't have a problem with the Up Ball being more unsafe. However, I don't think the Knife Toss should be tweaked in any way, shape, or form. Slowing down the Knife Toss isn't a "minor" tweak. It's a change that could potentially move him down on the tier list.

I don't care about Kano having "uber cheap moves". I don't care about playing "dirty". I don't care about being "braindead". Playing fighting games isn't a popularity contest. The Kano forum has a lot of individuals who need to examine their mentalities by re-reading Sirlin's Playing to Win articles.
i don't recall sirlin's 'playing to win' article mentioning something about crying about character nerfs.

Well, Johhny Cage and Nightwolf are now the answer to Kano. JC was given projectile armor on EX shadow kick and Nightwolf was given full on armor on EX shoulder dash. I'm pretty tired of this shit, at this point, I've never seen a game with this much counter picking.
yeah like SF4 last year, no need to counter pick... because 90% of people were either ryu or sagat.

Gemini Knight

Astaroth needs Fatalities
Just realized something last night at a local tourney. Kano's En. ground ball has armor. Did it always had armor, or is this something new?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Whether it's Kano, KL, Ermac etc....if someone's main is going to get nerfed then they are most likely not going to be happy. I main KL and could care less about anything they've done to him except for his spin. It's all ready highly punishable on block and miss but I'm going to keep moving forward and adjusting my gameplay to accommodate these changes. I agree 100% with Kano's upball being change as well as his knives being tweaked. Even with a unsafe up ball people will still spam the knives. But I've noticed everyone is SO focused on his knives and up ball that people seem to realize he has great combos, mix ups and a hell of a juggle (212). His x ray is fine, him and Jax have unique x rays which make them different from everyone else and that's how it should be. Every character has their strong and weak points which is how every game should be but the strengths should not be overpowered. (If that made sense) I'm happy with ALL the fixes and changes NRS is making and they're working hard for us. Let's praise them once in a while. They're actually going to these tournaments to help us out and the tourney players have an advantage in getting in the ears of the developers because they're quite frankly smarter with the game and more familiar with it. Okay I'm done rambling lol this is not a "troll" message this is just being honest.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
Just saw this one Paulo's Twitter it was a response to Perfect Legend about the Post patch hot fix:

pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@
@PerfectLegend kl teleinf fix, kno upball/knife minor tweak, qc runes tweak.

So were not only getting a re-tweaked upball but the Knife is going to get hit as well.

Just thought I share
If the knives get anything worse than less damage, kano's defensive strategy will more than likely change. I'm just happy that upball is getting nerfed on its recovery on block

iWumbo

Noob
If the knives get anything worse than less damage, kano's defensive strategy will more than likely change. I'm just happy that upball is getting nerfed on its recovery on block
A damage nerf on the knives would make sense, since the rest of the cast all have 7% dmg projectiles, including Liu Kang's fireball, Jade's blades, Ermac's energy ball, etc. Why does Kano get to have a 9% one? Together with the crazy fast recovery and startup he has on them, he dominates any projectile war.
And yes, that Upball needs like 2-3 more frames of recovery on it, so that all the braindead nublets stop abusing him.

DCT

Noob
Just realized something last night at a local tourney. Kano's En. ground ball has armor. Did it always had armor, or is this something new?
I believe that it always had armor if you waited a bit with it, not 100% sure as I never really tested it pre 1.02

Edit - never mind just saw another post when your wrong your wrong.

Whether it's Kano, KL, Ermac etc....if someone's main is going to get nerfed then they are most likely not going to be happy. I main KL and could care less about anything they've done to him except for his spin. It's all ready highly punishable on block and miss but I'm going to keep moving forward and adjusting my gameplay to accommodate these changes. I agree 100% with Kano's upball being change as well as his knives being tweaked. Even with a unsafe up ball people will still spam the knives. But I've noticed everyone is SO focused on his knives and up ball that people seem to realize he has great combos, mix ups and a hell of a juggle (212). His x ray is fine, him and Jax have unique x rays which make them different from everyone else and that's how it should be. Every character has their strong and weak points which is how every game should be but the strengths should not be overpowered. (If that made sense) I'm happy with ALL the fixes and changes NRS is making and they're working hard for us. Let's praise them once in a while. They're actually going to these tournaments to help us out and the tourney players have an advantage in getting in the ears of the developers because they're quite frankly smarter with the game and more familiar with it. Okay I'm done rambling lol this is not a "troll" message this is just being honest.
^I agree with this.

A damage nerf on the knives would make sense, since the rest of the cast all have 7% dmg projectiles, including Liu Kang's fireball, Jade's blades, Ermac's energy ball, etc. Why does Kano get to have a 9% one? Together with the crazy fast recovery and startup he has on them, he dominates any projectile war.
And yes, that Upball needs like 2-3 more frames of recovery on it, so that all the braindead nublets stop abusing him.
are you sure?

unless i'm mistaken, shang's fireballs deal 9% except the air ball which deals 8%.

nobody is ever happy when their main gets nerfed, op or not. granted some really do need a nerf but you can never please everyone.

GStick

Noob
Hopefully the nerf to the knives isn't huge. I could deal with 7% damage. Just means he would have to work harder against other characters who can zone really well, because you wouldn't be able to just trade a few hits to get a lead.

Knives are a big part of his game. Nerfing them is quite stupid, and I don't even use Kano myself. The only problem he needs addressed is the silly up-ball. This is my opinion of course, not "fact".

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
Hopefully the nerf to the knives isn't huge. I could deal with 7% damage. Just means he would have to work harder against other characters who can zone really well, because you wouldn't be able to just trade a few hits to get a lead.
He still wouldn't have much trouble against zoners with the damage on the knife been nerfed because he still would have good startup and recovery on it.

Mgt2

Noob
Kano is fine right now. He has flaws and people should learn how to exploit or take the opportunity of such.

wEEman33

Noob
Rule #1 of fighting game balance:

Nothing's ever wrong with the character you play as, only the characters you play against.

Hey dude, have played you in ranked a couple of times as Canvas of Souls with my Kano.

Anyway, I think IF they nerf his regular knife toss make his EX knife toss his all ducking opponents, not just a couple, OR have them staggered maybe, but it'll create needed visual changes.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I don't think that's true... I just tried en. ball, en. upball, and en. airball... None of them had armor. My roommate and I tested it and En. Shadow Kick was slaying it every time. On startup, midway, and end.

Do you mean unblockable?