What's new

Kano Changes coming in post patch hotfix

DCT

Noob
Just saw this one Paulo's Twitter it was a response to Perfect Legend about the Post patch hot fix:

pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@
@PerfectLegend kl teleinf fix, kno upball/knife minor tweak, qc runes tweak.

So were not only getting a re-tweaked upball but the Knife is going to get hit as well.

Just thought I share

Zebster

How's my volume?
Just saw this one Paulo's Twitter it was a response to Perfect Legend about the Post patch hot fix:

pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@
@PerfectLegend kl teleinf fix, kno upball/knife minor tweak, qc runes tweak.

So were not only getting a re-tweaked upball but the Knife is going to get hit as well.

Just thought I share
Not necessarily getting hit. It's possible that it might be buffed a little to compensate for the upball going back to normal. Key word is tweak, which is pretty ambiguous.

DCT

Noob
Not necessarily getting hit. It's possible that it might be buffed a little to compensate for the upball going back to normal. Key word is tweak, which is pretty ambiguous.
True I just figured it would of gotten a bit of a tone down since it's already one of the fastest projectiles in the game and is easily spamable

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well, the last time I talked to Tom Brady he didn't say anything about the knives, but let's expect the worst. My guess is that NRS will slow down the start up frames. I'll criticise them when they do. For now, I'll wait and see.

cyke_out

Noob
No way Knife is getting buffed. They slow the start up, slow the recovery, lower the damage, increase the cooldown, or a combination of all of them.

If I had to pick a buff, I can see them just making sure EX-knives hit all crouching opponents.

DCT

Noob
Well, the last time I talked to Tom Brady he didn't say anything about the knives, but let's expect the worst. My guess is that NRS will slow down the start up frames. I'll criticise them when they do. For now, I'll wait and see.
Well Tom did say that NRS doesn't tell him everything but he does know more then the rest of us usually do. But why would you criticize NRS for doing a minor tweak to tone down Kano's knives? So long as they don't go over board with it Kano will still be good.

Seriously why does everyone pitch a fit when even a minor nerf happens? I doubt a small tweak to upball and his knife toss will hurt Kano, unless you want him to have uber cheap moves.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I doubt a small tweak to upball and his knife toss will hurt Kano, unless you want him to have uber cheap moves.
Why do you think Kano suddenly became so popular? Up ball is a completly free wakeup/get out of my face move. It CAN be throw checked but as long as you mash 2 or 3 once they grab you you're free. I put some time into Kano, nearly got mastery with him, but I feel dirty as fuck when I play him these days; so I simply don't.

cyke_out

Noob
Many people fell the same way about Kano's new up-ball, which is why noone is complaining about it getting nerfed.

Pre-patch, no one had any issues with Kano's Knives either. but maybe the new post hot fix up-ball coupled with the knives, are too good, so if the new up-ball after the hot fix is just slightly better than before the patch, the knives will need to be less powerful to compensate.

But again, we don't know what they are change and to what extent, they could just be lowering the damage from 9% to 8-7. Which wouldn't affect him all that much.

GNG Iniquity

Well, Johhny Cage and Nightwolf are now the answer to Kano. JC was given projectile armor on EX shadow kick and Nightwolf was given full on armor on EX shoulder dash. I'm pretty tired of this shit, at this point, I've never seen a game with this much counter picking.

DCT

Noob
Why do you think Kano suddenly became so popular? Up ball is a completly free wakeup/get out of my face move. It CAN be throw checked but as long as you mash 2 or 3 once they grab you you're free. I put some time into Kano, nearly got mastery with him, but I feel dirty as fuck when I play him these days; so I simply don't.
I know which is why I said what I said, honestly I agree with these changes coming as I seriously haven't touched Kano after day 3 of the hotfix myself for just the same reasons, which hasn't been too bad in hindsight as it forced me to actually get to work on my Cyber Sub-zero in the lab and when playing.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
DCT said:
Well Tom did say that NRS doesn't tell him everything but he does know more then the rest of us usually do. But why would you criticize NRS for doing a minor tweak to tone down Kano's knives? So long as they don't go over board with it Kano will still be good.

Seriously why does everyone pitch a fit when even a minor nerf happens? I doubt a small tweak to upball and his knife toss will hurt Kano, unless you want him to have uber cheap moves.
I don't have a problem with the Up Ball being more unsafe. However, I don't think the Knife Toss should be tweaked in any way, shape, or form. Slowing down the Knife Toss isn't a "minor" tweak. It's a change that could potentially move him down on the tier list.

I don't care about Kano having "uber cheap moves". I don't care about playing "dirty". I don't care about being "braindead". Playing fighting games isn't a popularity contest. The Kano forum has a lot of individuals who need to examine their mentalities by re-reading Sirlin's Playing to Win articles.

GNG Iniquity

I don't care about Kano having "uber cheap moves". I don't care about playing "dirty". I don't care about being "braindead". Playing fighting games isn't a popularity contest. The Kano forum has a lot of individuals who need to examine their mentalities by re-reading Sirlin's Playing to Win articles.
Well, they've already 'addressed' the issue by giving JC and Nightwolf their armor; so Kano's going down the tier list anyways. I would've preferred if they left Kano and the rest of the cast the fuck alone to begin with, but hey...tournament players get to be NRS' personal balance rats apparently.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
truthful I just want the dam thing to come out already its pissing me off plus I'm xbox so I didn't even get the other patch yet

M2Dave

Zoning Master
IniquityDM said:
Well, they've already 'addressed' the issue by giving JC and Nightwolf their armor; so Kano's going down the tier list anyways. I would've preferred if they left Kano and the rest of the cast the fuck alone to begin with, but hey...tournament players get to be NRS' personal balance rats apparently.
With the exception of the Up Ball, Kano is fine the way he is right now.

NRS has unquestionably done many good things, but I actually wish they would listen more to tournament players. Instead, you have a lot ignorant people who unfortunately affect key gameplay elements by whining and crying about Kano's Knife Toss, Up Ball, and even X-Ray on message boards and Twitter. It should not be this way.

Xstatic

Noob
You know, I've been thinking for a long time that the move that makes Kano good is his knife. The upball buff wasn't needed at all, but he needs his knife. Are they doing anything to Kung Lao's low hat? If not, I will fear that match-up. The last time they were going to "slightly tweak" a move for Kano, we got his ridiculous upball. I'm expecting a big nerf to knife and, consequently, a big nerf to Kano.

GNG Iniquity

I actually wish they would listen more to tournament players. Instead, you have a lot ignorant people who unfortunately affect key gameplay elements by whining and crying about Kano's Knife Toss, Up Ball, and even X-Ray on message boards and Twitter. It should not be this way.
I fully agree, supposedly they are, but I think that's a bunch of lip service by the tournament reps trying to make the company seem to be in better graces. None the less, my patience is wearing extremely thin, I contemplate trading this in for AE on a daily basis.

It's true that Yun is overpowered, but at least I'll have a good trainer to work with, and will find some way to best him.

Xstatic

Noob
I fully agree, supposedly they are, but I think that's a bunch of lip service by the tournament reps trying to make the company seem to be in better graces. None the less, my patience is wearing extremely thin, I contemplate trading this in for AE on a daily basis.

It's true that Yun is overpowered, but at least I'll have a good trainer to work with, and will find some way to best him.
Capcom has done the same things. People whined about Sentinel in MvC3, and he was nerfed quickly. Look what they did to characters in AE like Seth. I didn't hear anyone in the tournament community complain about Seth's jHP, and yet it's completely gone now. I wonder who complained about it?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Xstatic said:
You know, I've been thinking for a long time that the move that makes Kano good is his knife. The upball buff wasn't needed at all, but he needs his knife. Are they doing anything to Kung Lao's low hat? If not, I will fear that match-up. The last time they were going to "slightly tweak" a move for Kano, we got his ridiculous upball. I'm expecting a big nerf to knife and, consequently, a big nerf to Kano.
I talked to Tom Brady and he told me that the Knife Toss tweak could be something as minor as slight damage reduction and as major as a "cool down" between each toss. We will have to wait and see. For those of you who play in tournaments, if Kano drops a tier or two, Skarlet looks very good thus far.

GNG Iniquity

Capcom has done the same things. People whined about Sentinel in MvC3, and he was nerfed quickly. Look what they did to characters in AE like Seth. I didn't hear anyone in the tournament community complain about Seth's jHP, and yet it's completely gone now. I wonder who complained about it?
Well, Sentinel did have a boat load of health, I don't play MVC3 but I suppose that was a bit warranted...perhaps. Seth on the other hand, that makes no sense.

Xstatic

Noob
I talked to Tom Brady and he told me that the Knife Toss tweak could be something as minor as slight damage reduction and as major as a "cool down" between each toss. We will have to wait and see. For those of you who play in tournaments, if Kano drops a tier or two, Skarlet looks very good thus far.
I hope it's just a damage tweak. I'd be fine with that. The move is so easy to just dash block anyways since it has no knockback on block; it's not noob's shadow tackle. The problem with Kano isn't getting in; it's dealing with his upball once you do.

Xstatic

Noob
Well, Sentinel did have a boat load of health, I don't play MVC3 but I suppose that was a bit warranted...perhaps. Seth on the other hand, that makes no sense.
It wasn't warranted. It was a knee-jerk reaction to all the complaining.

There are a ton of examples of poor nerf choices in AE. It has made tons of characters bland. Right now, everyone is dropping their mains for either Yun, Yang or Fei. Zangief is considered A tier because he can handle those 3 even though he loses some match-ups badly against the rest of the cast... That's the way that game is headed here and has already been established in Japan.

GNG Iniquity

The move is so easy to just dash block anyways since it has no knockback on block; it's not noob's shadow tackle. The problem with Kano isn't getting in; it's dealing with his upball once you do.
It's a big problem for Reptile. His actual dash is painfully slow, once you're in there, he's just going to up ball you again without fear of being punished and continue the barrage of knives.

GNG Iniquity

It wasn't warranted. It was a knee-jerk reaction to all the complaining.

There are a ton of examples of poor nerf choices in AE. It has made tons of characters bland. Right now, everyone is dropping their mains for either Yun, Yang or Fei. Zangief is considered A tier because he can handle those 3 even though he loses some match-ups badly against the rest of the cast... That's the way that game is headed here and has already been established in Japan.
That's very disappointing. MK isn't looking much better, quite honestly, though.