What's new

General/Other - Takeda Kano B1 abuse vs Takeda

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The way they made Kano is brainless and uninteresting but the oses might hurt him, or have him make a read. I also think summoner quan chi is horribly designed in terms of balance not intent, so don't logical fallacy about my own character black fellow.

Let's give him one projectile, but literally make it op and stupid and hut mid to make his zoning good, rather than introducing lasers to make is zoning multidimensional and actually intesting, as opposed to one dimensional. Let's give him one normal. No normal should ever be 8f and neutral in a game with 7 frame negative pokes. Players think he needs to be johnny cage in his zoning variation when already has great footsies amazing mobility and zoning, that's fundamentally bad game design. ironically he has better offense than fisticuffs cage in his zoning/combo variation when he already has a grappler variation meant for offense.

B1 is already, a great antiair,
One if not the best counterpoking normal in the game which I guarantee you 70% of you retards aren't doing, counterpoking is back except against lk u scrubs.
Fast full combo punisher
Safe

But it also needs to force people into just framing out of pressure.

You guys are all imbeciles along with the character design in this game..
No.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I knew this was gonna be a problem when I was messing around with Kano's b1 and thought about Takeda. I think Takeda's character design is cool but this is the reason I didn't want to pick him up. He needs faster crouching normals and at least one of his standing mids or jab string needs to be faster. 6 frame d1 would be a saving grace for this character.

As for people saying Cybernetic/commando Kano b1 needs to get nerfed... I seriously implore you to never have children or operate any heavy machinery. You should also sell your car and turn in your driver's license at the nearest police station. B1 can be backdashed midscreen, even by Takeda if timed properly and the range is correct. The worst thing that Kano can do is keep repeating this, or throw you. If b1 gets nerfed Commando Kano becomes absolute gutter tier. B1 by itself can not be hitconfirmed into the 3 follow-up, this isn't a big deal come on.

Rude

As it is an infinite, now that i know that it is, yes b1 needs to be toned down.

Otherwise? Kano's design is fine.

It costs 2 bars when you already need it for everything, and Kano is better at fs then all of 2 chars.
You send kano away from you when he starts pressuring you with b1 and force him to go back to the zoning game when (assuming you pick this variation) shirai ryu has a projectile that reaches full screen/a teleport that you can fake out or do on a read to the knife. That doesn't sound so terrible to me.

Calling someone else bad when you think Kano's projectiles are "stupid" and "op"

lol
They are stupid in essence that they hit mid and have uber fast recovery, it's not skillful nor interesting zoning. It's not impossible to deal with but its lackluster, why make his eye lasers point blank...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
As it is an infinite, now that i know that it is, yes b1 needs to be toned down.

Otherwise? Kano's design is fine.
lol wait so i show a video on how dumb it is, proof that i can't get out, BUT m2dave comes in here without any proof on his claim say that its an infinite and now all of a sudden "well yeah now that you put it that way...." smh.

Rude

They are stupid in essence that they hit mid and have uber fast recovery, it's not skillful nor interesting zoning. It's not impossible to deal with but its lackluster, why make his eye lasers point blank...

First, it was The Doomsday players being braindead and having no footsies and fundamentals and etc etc etc...

Now it's The Kano players.

Tell me, is this a thing with you? Like a gimmick? You arbitrarily pick a character that doesn't play by your standards and you crap on them for the duration of the game's life?

You send kano away from you when he starts pressuring you with b1 and force him to go back to the zoning game when (assuming you pick this variation) shirai ryu has a projectile that reaches full screen/a teleport that you can fake out or do on a read to the knife. That doesn't sound so terrible to me.
Yes throw all your meter away so he can have an a) superior projectile b) lose your ability to get damage with anti zoning when it's not even in reaction anyways.

ando1184

Noob
The way they made Kano is brainless and uninteresting but the oses might hurt him, or have him make a read( God forbid). A move can be stagger able and the gap widened. I also think summoner quan chi is horribly designed in terms of balance not intent, so don't logical fallacy about my own character black fellow. Quan shouldn't be so 1 sided to the point of stupidity at full screen nor should any char have safe/frame adv. vortexes. That's brainless and skilled, and overshadows goid play.

Let's give him one projectile, but literally make it op and stupid and hut mid to make his zoning good, rather than introducing lasers to make is zoning multidimensional and actually intesting, as opposed to one dimensional. Let's give him one normal. No normal should ever be 8f and neutral in a game with 7 frame negative pokes. Players think he needs to be johnny cage in his zoning variation when already has great footsies amazing mobility and zoning, that's fundamentally bad game design. ironically he has better offense than fisticuffs cage in his zoning/combo variation when he already has a grappler variation meant for offense.

B1 is already, a great antiair,
One if not the best counterpoking normal in the game which I guarantee you 70% of you retards aren't doing, counterpoking is back except against lk u scrubs.
Fast full combo punisher
Safe

But it also needs to force people into just framing out of pressure.

You guys are all imbeciles along with the character design in this game..

It took me 15 minutes to realize quan was dumb
Kanos b1 is 9 frames, his zoning is just ok. Idk why everyone is losing their shit over this character? It's going to become ares all over again, you guys complaining are going to turn a mid tier character and make him shit tier at this point and he hasn't even had a chance yet. In mk9 zoning was really strong as well but as time went on we discovered ways around a characters dirt, even in a bad matchup. Have you guys forgotten about block breakers? I'm sure we aren't properly using all the tools and mechanics this game has to offer. I mean I know we want to play our mains and some matchups are challenging but that's what the different variations are for. If b1 is such a problem find ways around it, I'm sure there are more options. Wether it's a different variation, armored move, throw, or breakers, there's gotta be something better than complaints for characters, just sayin.

Rude

lol wait so i show a video on how dumb it is, proof that i can't get out, BUT m2dave comes in here without any proof on his claim say that its an infinite and now all of a sudden "well yeah now that you put it that way...." smh.
You're never satisfied, huh? I admit i was wrong. Also, people were poking holes in your video so of course i had doubts.

Do you want a written announcement inked in crayon displaying my apology? Or is me saying, "i was wrong" not enough?

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
If Kano's projectiles hit high then you could literally win games against him by holding R2/RT and down. Without a single overhead you never have to do anything except crouch block. His projectiles deserve to hit mid and do chip.

But anyway, on the original topic, I don't think anyone can be against fixing something broken.

First, it was The Doomsday players being braindead and having no footsies and fundamentals and etc etc etc...

Now it's The Kano players.

Tell me, is this a thing with you? Like a gimmick? You arbitrarily pick a character that doesn't play by your standards and you crap on them for the duration of the game's life?
Kano takes more skill than dd, I'm talking about dumb design not players.

Rude

Kano takes more skill than dd, I'm talking about dumb design not players.
There is nothing wrong with his design in any of his variations. Except of course the b1 infinites.

Do you hate Commando and Cutthroat too? Or do they pass The Peckapowa Seal of Fair?

If Kano's projectiles hit high then you could literally win games against him by holding R2/RT and down. Without a single overhead you never have to do anything except crouch block. His projectiles deserve to hit mid and do chip.

But anyway, on the original topic, I don't think anyone can be against fixing something broken.
What if he had a slower mid hitting projectile with good recovery? Along with fast high.

Yes throw all your meter away so he can have an a) superior projectile b) lose your ability to get damage with anti zoning when it's not even in reaction anyways.
look, i'm not gonna talk about a matchup i don't know with characters i don't play but i'm just saying the option exists

the matchup could be fucked for takeda or everyone here is dumb and takeda somehow stomps on kano

i'm just saying there's an option that isn't doing an unsafe armored move or praying the D2 hits and risk getting baited on both options.