What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax little too Safe?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
While i am by no means a godlike Kano player, i find Jax to be difficult to zone and even harder to play footsies with. His corner game is nutty. His f212 string beats out a lot of moves, advances him forward, can blow up nuetral jumps, and is basically a pain in the ass.
Yea this MU is rough I agree. I think Jax players are hoping the cat doesn't come out the bag lol.

He's especially hard to zone in his gun variation, and up close pressure you crazy. I haven't figured this MU out at all yet.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Which variation is his best? I love safe characters, gonna give him an extended look.
Pumped up for the highest potential damage, but less safety. Faster and full screen ground pound, that can also be done in the air, and OTGs on EX.

Heavy Weapons for good ranged tools and a command cancel. "safe".

Wrestler for the unblockable command throw that gets armor on EX, an air throw, and a grab string. The command throw and grab string are good for positioning purposes as well as standard damage. "safe" or whatever.

I personally prefer Pumped Up because I favor higher damage over more safe options. You still have safe options here, but not as many.

Yo, but forreal though #BuffKang3005
It's like they're coming out of nowhere to burn down my two favorite characters in this game right now.

Guys, leave Jax alone :(

EDIT: Also even though some strings are "safe" they have gaps in them that you can armor through
armoring through moves isn't something u can just be pulling off online consistenly some armors like quan chi's Portal Stab will whiff Point Blank AND you need meter and if ur not spectral ermac or a character that doesnt need meter for combos ull need the meter for a full combo punish.