What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I've not had a chance to test this yet, but this sucks big time. The one thing I hoped would come from this patch was allowing the midscreen to be performed consistently.

Maybe in the future I will get my EX overhead pop up rather than pop forward so I wont have to take into account starter string, distance, or gender.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Maybe in the future I will get my EX overhead pop up rather than pop forward so I wont have to take into account starter string, distance, or gender.
I hope not. If they made Jax's EX OH pop up like Tremor's does, it would be nerfed in the very next patch. I like my 41% f21 bnb. All I ask is that they bring it back and make it hit all characters consistently (which, I suppose, it does now, lol).

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I hope not. If they made Jax's EX OH pop up like Tremor's does, it would be nerfed in the very next patch. I like my 41% f21 bnb. All I ask is that they bring it back and make it hit all characters consistently (which, I suppose, it does now, lol).
I chose pop up because the stamina needed in HW means running to start a pressure means I basically can't hit my BNB but to be honest I would settle for just less gravity so its consistent throughout.

Don't think it would be nerfed unless people found some corner damage where the pop up allows for 50% plus lol I mean it would actually reduce his corner carry.

Playing The Phantom Pain right now so I'm too lazy to investigate, but I am guessing B2xxEXOH RC F21 no longer connects on anybody as well, right? It was already impossible on female targets.

Anyways, since the problems with F21 connecting after EXOH Dash Punch are present even after the hotfix, it is safe to assume that it has nothing to do with the OPSelect nerf, correct?

Was this an intentional stealth nerf, or the result of something else, such as the hitbox adjustments that were supposedly made?
It could be the result of dash cancelling being nerfed for characters like D'Vorah etc. Of course this is not the same as D'Vorah is doing special cancels but it probably has something to do with how both runs can be buffered

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I can't get 24 bf2d f21 to work on females anymore either, this is actually bumming me out and I don't even play Jax.

enaktom

Noob
I think it's a sneaky way to nerf jax. What they did was no fix, they should have left jax alone no fixes, no buffs, no nerf. He was a balance character that could be used across the board if you have the right wits.

lol were u guys even playing jax pre patch? It was already hard to connect after any other than 12 this just forces them to finally patch this.

I think it's a sneaky way to nerf jax. What they did was no fix, they should have left jax alone no fixes, no buffs, no nerf. He was a balance character that could be used across the board if you have the right wits.
oh hell nah!! f2 , 11, 12 getting ducked by females and even males is not what i "want". Now after the fucked his ONLY midscreen combo competely they have to fix it entirely.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
oh hell nah!! f2 , 11, 12 getting ducked by females and even males is not what i "want". Now after the fucked his ONLY midscreen combo competely they have to fix it entirely.
It wont get touched people seem to think this character is some kind of hidden top 5 character that nobody is good enough to play and only a messiah can come save us and show us the way of Jax. But all the people who play Jax know he is riddled with these little problems that add up to a big problem with how the character is meant to be played.

I love how this character is designed to make reads and play a solid neutral but atm we are rewarded with a coinflip when we are right and it ruins this character for me so much.

Guys, this is weird, but, I commented and agreed with you about this patch in the morning, played for about 1 hour, agains anyone and I coudln't commit any midscreen combo, mostly F21 after OHDP, but now I turned on the ps4, and played for 30 min, and I commited all the combos even more easily than before the patch, tested again Sonya blade, Mileena and Ermac, I didn't drop even 1 F21, and I feel it a lot easier than before the patch!!

now I played in Pc as well, and it's completely messed up there, I can't do the midscreen combos, only in pc, and it's supposed to have the same patch

Last edited:

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I can indeed confirm that Jax's midscreens have been hotfixed.

Not only do they work, they work better than ever. I am able to hit the f21 off of 123 and b3 starters now. What was once a nerf has turned into a significant buff.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
WTF! I will say this now I'm am not a very good jax player in fact the only midescreen I can consistently hit is the f4 dp but I just tried a 123 starter running combo and it was like butter BUTTER I tell you, I think I just went for a level 2/5 jax player to a 3.5 just like that thank you!

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Going to go test this now if you're all right my love for this character will be whole once more. Edit: like butter I don't know how it's become this but thank you NRS, I'm hitting consistent midscreens on females of strings I never did on males this is the best.

Last edited:

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
You can even do his max damage corner stuff now 10 times easier. Getting 47% no meter in the corner with pumped up of his overhead!

enaktom

Noob
Well its about damn time... haven't tested it yet, but I love what I am hearing.. got some ppl I need mah main man jax to teach some lessons.