What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hey everyone, and welcome to the Jax forums :)

I've cleaned up and moved all the pre-release discussion to its own thread. I'll be collecting some info and links to useful threads videos in this OP, so check back from time to time and see the updates.

In the words of the great Jackson Briggs "You think you bad? You ain't bad!" Let's go!

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Jax has more low, overhead, low-into-overhead strings and moves than I would have expected, this is aweomse!

I'm really liking him, i'm glad he feels as good to play as I had hoped.

Last edited:

Blkmjk

Noob
Don't know if this combo was posted but got a decent 1 bar 42% midscreen in Pumped Up:

F21 xxx EX BFD2 run cancel F21, 11, F21 xxx Gotcha.

Kinda tricky to do because the run cancel timing is really strict but hit like a train and has amazing corner carry.
I was beginning to think this kind of damage wasn't possible midscreen. Thanks for the post. Timing is tight as all he'll though

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What strings are you guys trying for pressure? I've trying to mix it between b34/2 and f2,1 string
f2,1 / 2,3,2 / d1,d2

I'll sometimes do the entire f2,1,2,d+2+4 because it's an awesome wall carry and it looks cool, also puts at a good distance it looks kid of far but you can actually still sweep a lot of characters from that range and f3/f4 also can catch people on wake-up from that range as well.

Anyone figure out how to maximize damage on super gotcha?

f2,1 / 2,3,2 / d1,d2

I'll sometimes do the entire f2,1,2,d+2+4 because it's an awesome wall carry and it looks cool, also puts at a good distance it looks kid of far but you can actually still sweep a lot of characters from that range and f3/f4 also can catch people on wake-up from that range as well.

Anyone figure out how to maximize damage on super gotcha?
It seems to me in my limited time with the game that the F2,1 seems to be the most consistent after a launch.

Most maximized damage with Super Gotcha I've seen is to use the launch variation (3?) in the corner and juggled afterward.

My questions is, after a launch, or even an overhead dash punch, what is the most common follow up to keep them juggled? D1, 1?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
F2,1.

That string is Jax's best. Versatile as hell, and it's does good damage for what it is, fast too.

A really great pressure tool, Tyrant was putting it to use in that Fatal 8 tourney.

---

Jax's zoning pressure is almost as mean as his rushdown pressure, I was crushing a guys soul today online with pumped up, timing those sonic booms and ground pounds from full screen.

Of course some characters are better at getting around that than others.

Last edited:
f21 energy wave is great because it is +8. i was thinking of his possible great combo strings.

u can do some pressure such as like 11 into f21 energy wave. then if in the corner u can do 2 3 (high low) into overhead dash combo, b34 (low) into overhead dash combo, or 3f4 (high overhead) into overhead dash combo. mixups are endless in corner after energy wave on block or hit.

f21 energy wave is great because it is +8. i was thinking of his possible great combo strings.

u can do some pressure such as like 11 into f21 energy wave. then if in the corner u can do 2 3 (high low) into overhead dash combo, b34 (low) into overhead dash combo, or 3f4 (high overhead) into overhead dash combo. mixups are endless in corner after energy wave on block or hit.
Jax have some of the best mixups in the game. i just hope NRS don't take his mixups away. because Jax is also unsafe.

Jax have some of the best mixups in the game. i just hope NRS don't take his mixups away. because Jax is also unsafe.
its technically the only thing he really has. taking away mid screen combos. i mean idk any besides jump in s4 ex overhead dash into dash punch. not much to do midscreen with him besides zone