What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can Jax not run-cancel into f21 off of b2~MB.bf2d against female characters? I can do it against SZ, but I can't do it against Tanya to save my life! My fist just seems to pass through her foot.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Can Jax not run-cancel into f21 off of b2~MB.bf2d against female characters? I can do it against SZ, but I can't do it against Tanya to save my life! My fist just seems to pass through her foot.
Labbed it out and couldn't get it to connect. Not that it is definitive, but it is either impossible or extremely difficult to hit, so you are probably better off just going f3xxbf2, or not EXing the DDP and going for the OTG GP instead.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Labbed it out and couldn't get it to connect. Not that it is definitive, but it is either impossible or extremely difficult to hit, so you are probably better off just going f3xxbf2, or not EXing the DDP and going for the OTG GP instead.
Yeah, but I'm trying to find good uses for b2 midscreen. It's a shame because b2~MB.bf2d-rc~f21-11-f21~db1 is over 40% midscreen damage.

Guys how to deal with quan summoner "infinite thing" (Trance,Low Bat,Overhead) i dont know how to get out of it :/
if they're just doing Low Bat-Overhead, you just have to block low first then high. Basically just block low then immediately release down afterwards. It's a pain in the ass to block, especially online, but that is the best way to get around it, unless if you can find a way to armor through it.

I'm trying to learn all of the game's grapplers (if you could consider MKX to have grapplers). With Wrestler Jax, are command grabs a big part of his game?

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
I'm trying to learn all of the game's grapplers (if you could consider MKX to have grapplers). With Wrestler Jax, are command grabs a big part of his game?
I'm no pro but his grabs are for ending combos in bigger damage and switching sides to keep opponents in the corner so yes a big part of his game except for his air grab which is more situational as a counter into f21-11 would easily provide more damage and give you an essential corner carry.

Last edited:
I'm no pro but his grabs are for ending combos in bigger damage and switching sides to keep opponents in the corner so yes a big part of his game except for his air grab which is more situational as a counter into f21-11 would easily provide more damage and give you an essential corner carry.
Thanks. I'll look into him.

Buiu

Woot

beside this, the main role of the cmd grab is the ticktrows

it give another mixup option and its one of the best tick trow in the game

predanok created 1 thread about it, check it out.

Is there a down side to using input shortcuts with Jax? Normally I have them turned off, but making the timing for overhead dash punches consistent depending on starter seems too benificial to pass up.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Hey guys, forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I don't play Jax and I scoured through the Jax forum and didn't see this mentioned. I was looking for OHDP option selects for a friend, because although option selects are known, the dash punch has been a bit of an issue due to already having to press down after bf2 and pressing another direction causes a straight dash punch option select instead of an overhead. I found that if you input an extra "down" after bf2d and hold it a little, it will not come out on block, but on hit you get the overhead. So, the input is bf2dd. I think the best string to do this with is f21. On hit, you get OHDP, on block you get f212 so you're still safe.

I recorded Jax doing the inputs for a basic combo so they're the same each time.

Hey guys, forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I don't play Jax and I scoured through the Jax forum and didn't see this mentioned. I was looking for OHDP option selects for a friend, because although option selects are known, the dash punch has been a bit of an issue due to already having to press down after bf2 and pressing another direction causes a straight dash punch option select instead of an overhead. I found that if you input an extra "down" after bf2d and hold it a little, it will not come out on block, but on hit you get the overhead. So, the input is bf2dd. I think the best string to do this with is f21. On hit, you get OHDP, on block you get f212 so you're still safe.

I recorded Jax doing the inputs for a basic combo so they're the same each time.
This isn't as useful as you might think as the timing for the option select varies depending on which string precedes it, so holding down if entered too early can stop the overhead dash punch coming out on hit too. These windows can be quite small. Also, energy wave is +7 on block, meaning every time your opponent blocks it at close range, you get a free 50/50 mix up. You're better off using that and saving your meter.

Forward your friend to the ultimate pumped up guide in the Jax forums.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
This isn't as useful as you might think as the timing for the option select varies depending on which string precedes it, so holding down if entered too early can stop the overhead dash punch coming out on hit too. These windows can be quite small.
Yeah I noticed when I tried it off of 123, if the whole string hit, I'd get OHDP. If 23 hit, I'd get straight DP. If just 3 hit, I got nothing. Very weird timing. Well thanks, though.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Ok they have changed the recovery if ex overhead on hit or my execution has gotten worse from 2 months of practice since the patch. The midscreen is infinitely harder to do.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Same here,f21,bf2d, run,f21 is a lot harder to do. Not consistent anymore.
What happens with this patch? The also fucked Cage run cancels...my god, hope a fix comes soon.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Same here,f21,bf2d, run,f21 is a lot harder to do. Not consistent anymore.
What happens with this patch? The also fucked Cage run cancels...my god, hope a fix comes soon.
+1 here as well...

The combo should not be this damn hard