What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Does anyone else find cancelling B34 into BF2D fucking impossible to consistently do? I cannot for the life of me get the timing down.

eNARV

Capital Punishment
Does anyone else find cancelling B34 into BF2D fucking impossible to consistently do? I cannot for the life of me get the timing down.
Yea that you have to press the buttons kinda slowly of eachother its really weird that used to be a prob of mine too

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Just had a huge breakthrough with Jax meterless damage! Jax has been driving me nuts because his links are sooooo tight, plus as a Pumped Up player, I like saving my meter for OTG Ground Pounds, not MB Overhead Punch extenders. So I've been messing with his 3-b2 string, but the link into f21 was just as fucking tight as the link into f21 after MB.bf2d, so I didn't think I'd ever be able to do it online.

However, I just found out that if you do a Run Cancel into the f21 as one move, it links every time. Usually if you do the f21 just a frame or 2 early, then nothing comes out since you're still in recovery. However, if you do the ff+blk~f21 as one rapid sequence, you won't actually run but you'll use a tiny bit of stamina and the f21 will connect every time. That gets him a consistent 11-frame midscreen meterless 29%.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
You've just got to delay the "d" input. So b34bf2, then after his boot hits them and as he starts the bf2, press and hold down.

D4G

Win At All Cost
Just had a huge breakthrough with Jax meterless damage! Jax has been driving me nuts because his links are sooooo tight, plus as a Pumped Up player, I like saving my meter for OTG Ground Pounds, not MB Overhead Punch extenders. So I've been messing with his 3-b2 string, but the link into f21 was just as fucking tight as the link into f21 after MB.bf2d, so I didn't think I'd ever be able to do it online.

However, I just found out that if you do a Run Cancel into the f21 as one move, it links every time. Usually if you do the f21 just a frame or 2 early, then nothing comes out since you're still in recovery. However, if you do the ff+blk~f21 as one rapid sequence, you won't actually run but you'll use a tiny bit of stamina and the f21 will connect every time. That gets him a consistent 11-frame midscreen meterless 29%.
Timing is pretty different on women characters...I think. Delaying the run for just a split second seems to help on landing the link on girls. At least for me anyway.

Spending a bar for this mediocre 30% combo is pretty ass BTW, had to get that off my chest

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Timing is pretty different on women characters...I think. Delaying the run for just a split second seems to help on landing the link on girls. At least for me anyway.

Spending a bar for this mediocre 30% combo is pretty ass BTW, had to get that off my chest
Eh? Everything I mentioned is totally meterless. You're thinking of her midscreen MB.bf2d combos...

D4G

Win At All Cost
Eh? Everything I mentioned is totally meterless. You're thinking of her midscreen MB.bf2d combos...
You weren't seriously implying you were going to try and use 3,B2 as your go to starter were you? That's the only reason I disregarded that part...

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
You weren't seriously implying you were going to try and use 3,B2 as your go to starter were you? That's the only reason I disregarded that part...
No, it makes a good 11-frame midscreen meterless punisher with a crazy amount of wall carry. And what "part"? The entire post? Just admit you didn't even read the post before quoting it and we'll move on.

D4G

Win At All Cost
No, it makes a good 11-frame midscreen meterless punisher with a crazy amount of wall carry. And what "part"? The entire post? Just admit you didn't even read the post before quoting it and we'll move on.
Calm down, after the end of the 1st paragraph I thought you meant you gave up on 3,B2>F21 and went back to figuring out the timing on the meterburn overhead combo. Sorry.

In that case yeah, you can also cancel his run after 3,B2 into 11, F21 with minimal diffulculty as well.

got 46% midscreen corner carry combo in pumped up :
F21-OH dashpunch-run cancel f21-11-f212-waut a lil bit till the enemy is falling down- 11 12 gotcha grab

Last edited:
hey guys
little problem : when i want to do the 1,2,3 string into an MB overhead punch midscreen.. is there a specific timing to get them with the f+2,1 after the dash cancel ? that's the only string that causes me problems.. sometimes i get them and sometimes not.. and i can't really find a clue in terms of what i'm doing wrong..

hey guys
little problem : when i want to do the 1,2,3 string into an MB overhead punch midscreen.. is there a specific timing to get them with the f+2,1 after the dash cancel ? that's the only string that causes me problems.. sometimes i get them and sometimes not.. and i can't really find a clue in terms of what i'm doing wrong..
the 123 string makes it unreliable. Do it after 12 and you will hit it everytime with ease.

^ thank you! yes it is really easy after 1,1 and 1,2 but i thought there would be a reliable combo after a low hit..
2,3 seems to be somewhat reliable

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
The easiest midscreen with ex BF2D1 i've found is actually starting with 23. Hits low and I can easily convert that into F21, 11, F21, finisher.

So with a jip your opponent needs to block overhead-mid-low-overhead. Good luck with that online. Best part is once your opponent is nice and accustomed to your combo, just 23 and grab him. Or on block DB2. The pressure is endless, the mind games are real, AND JAX IS ONE BAD MUTHA

You can go straight to f21 after 23 , 12 and 11 OH dashpunch cuz the recovery after thte Superman is somewhat shorter. To get 123 OH Dashpunch is just like F21 Oh dashpunch you can either input f21~bf2 and delay the down input for a split second (when hes about to dash punch) or input f21 and input bf2d at the second hit of f21. Same applies to b34 they have a strage buffer timing.

I recommend after a f21 , B34 or 123 OH Dashpunch just go for F4/F3 dash punch.

You can 123 string people mid screen then cancel the low into a Law run cancel 11 combo. This opens up low, keeps the F2,1 after as easy as possible since it's off just a 11, and makes it fully hit conformable as if the low doesn't open up you should know before the point where you would input the ex overhead.

I don't think people are using the Law cancel pressure mid screen for what it could be great for, doing high low mix up's mid screen and being able to Law cancel it into 11 and HIT CONFIRM every mix up before ex. overhead. No more worrying about it getting blocked and punished heavily. You can law cancel off of B2 as well into 11 and it combos.

can you only cancel the LAV into 1- strings ? like 1,1 or 1,2 etc ? i tried it one day but that was shortly after the release where I wasn't that good so i couldn't connect anything from it

Bolton

Noob
How much damage have we on Heavy Weapons? I've got 40% for midscreen here.

b2 xx Rocket(RC), 4 xx EXbf2d, run, f21, 11, f212d2+4

It took a while to get this, as well as test every other string that can be followed up with a standing 4 after a rocket cancel. I have some more combos of varying difficulty as a result. Every combo pretty much is formatted such that "starter" is what you cancel into rocket cancel. "EX ... xxx" is short for "EXbf2d, run, f21, 11, f21xxx" where "xxx" can either be "2d2+4" or "xx bf2". For example, the first combo immediately following this paragraph is "123 xx Rocket(RC), 4 xx EXbf2d, run, f21, 11, f21 xx bf2"

123 starter (last hit low)
4, EX ... bf2 -- 39%, MEDium difficulty
4, EX ... 2d2+4 -- 39%, MED
f3, EX ... bf2 -- 37%, EZ
f3, EX ... 2d2+4 -- 38%, EZ
12, EX ... bf2/2d2+4 -- 36%, EZ
f21 starter (far range mid, recommended since +1 on block)
4, EX ... bf2 -- 39%, HARD
4, EX ... 2d2+4 -- 39%, HARD
f3, EX ... bf2 -- 37%, MED
f3, EX ... 2d2+$ -- 38%, MED
12, EX ... bf2/2d2+4 -- 36%, EZ
f3 starter (far range mid)
4, EX ... 2d2+4 -- 38%, EZ
4, EX ... bf2 -- 37%, EZ
b3 starter (low)
4, EX ... 2d2+4 -- 38%, EZ
4, EX ... bf2 -- 37%, EZ
b2 starter (overhead)
f3, EX ... bf2/2d2+4 -- 38%, MED
4, EX ... 2d2+4 -- 40%, HARD (Note: Likely have to be close range)
4, EX ... bf2 -- 39%, HARD (Note: Likely have to be close range)
12, EX ... bf2 -- 36%, EZ
12, EX ... 2d2+4 -- 37%, EZ​
The difficulties are subjective and relative to each other. All the combos mentioned require 1 bar, I'll see if I can work on some meterless midscreen combos tomorrow or something, but aside from different choice in starter, I think @Blkmjk 's video on page 3 may be a sufficient enough guideline. I have NOT tested on different characters yet, this was all done on Kung Lao. Hopefully they all work for females too, I'll try to check some other time if nobody else does.

As I've seen mentioned, you can easily follow the "EXbf2d, run" with a "f3 xx bf2" for easier input, albeit for slightly significantly less damage.

Hope this is helpful. This was as much fun as it was frustrating to practice. I was zoning out for a bit, and was stuck in a rut for a very long time, only to find out I was inputting "12" instead of "11" in the "f21, 11, f21" bit. Some combos flat out won't work with the former, I think.

EDIT: Combos should work on females. Tested this corner carry against a crouching Mileena.

Last edited:
I have big fingers maybe I need find a stick play with 11 12 I mix them up all the time I want EX Overhead dash punch and get a knee instead anyone else having this problem pulling off combos