What's new

Jaqui is cancer and needs to be banned

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok, that’s fine, but she doesn’t need insane DoT to go along with it. Or leap mixups. Or whatever else you feel like giving her.

When you look at what it gives her compared to other two slot moves (Kitana’s Half-Blood, Scorpion’s cancel, etc.) it’s kind of insane that it only costs one.
Leap without enhanced air blast is just a mobility tool. Similar Cassie’s blb-advance.

She can’t combo from it unless enhanced air blast is also equipped. So in essence it’s a two slot move.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
100% agree... hit the link and tell them why
Do you really think that gonna work? Check the stupid things that listed below and think again ok?

• Jacqui was the most disliked character in mkx. Yet she revealed for MK11, that was my first dissapointment about MK 11 but i didn't care that much cos the rest of the roster that leaked before the release was ok to me. i just thought " such a stupid decision "
  • then the game came out and guess what? They gave her free cancels in her 1st round ko variation. Do you remember 1st round ko tournaments? Jacqui vs jacqui till the end? Nrs did nothing, just nerfed her grab recovery and that is all.
  • third variations came out and she become much more better with the upgraded.
  • now kustoms are free and she seems even more stronger than ever. Unbreakable 350? Ok go practice and learn how to deal with it, she doesn't even need to spend any krushing blow to get there.
  • Nrs at the other hand seems busy to give Rain less than %1 damage NERF, give skarlet %1 damage buff etc. They finally made Jacqui's dash punch -12, you should be thankful :)
  • Jacqui fans; the most stupid fanbase in the community, desperately needs to win ppl. Guess who is their secondary character? Liu Kang.. they keep saying go practice bla bla but everyone of them supported all those NERF Scorpion, NERF Geras, NERF Joker treats before. Don't take them seriously.
And no my friend that link is useless.

Ok, that’s fine, but she doesn’t need insane DoT to go along with it. Or leap mixups. Or whatever else you feel like giving her.

When you look at what it gives her compared to other two slot moves (Kitana’s Half-Blood, Scorpion’s cancel, etc.) it’s kind of insane that it only costs one.
hit the link and tell nrs, please and thanks

why is the link useless... ? Atleast its a try and it can work if enough people do it. Its like saying “ man i hate this president for reasons xyz but screw it, i aint gunna vote “

Malec

Noob
For me the complete top5 (Jacqui, Liu, Joker, Cetrion, Fujin) should be nerfed down to a "normal" Level.

Parasurama

Dragon
This thread I haven’t played enough ultimate to see if that nerf they gaveJacqui made a difference (previously I felt she was OP) but this is a funny thread. By the way, I heard they apparently buffed Cetrion so her winds cannot be interrupted by a 7 frame normal- what are they on?

Wigy

There it is...
Leap without enhanced air blast is just a mobility tool. Similar Cassie’s blb-advance.

She can’t combo from it unless enhanced air blast is also equipped. So in essence it’s a two slot move.

She a pure rushdown pressure character and cassies is way worse. I think its a bit stupid to give the character whos main weakness is getting in a character the best 1 slot command jump in the game.

im not crying for her to be banned but thats been an obvious balance oversight since v3 came out. You’re bias if you cant see that for what it gives her it should be worth 2.

most characters with worse base toolkits have 2 slot moves that replace a move and still do less for them than leap does for her.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
She a pure rushdown pressure character and hers is way worse. I think its a bit stupid to give the character whos main weakness is getting in a character the best 1 slot command jump in the game.

im not crying for her to be banned but thats been an obvious balance oversight since v3 came out. You’re bias if you cant see that for what it gives her it should be worth 2.

most characters with worse base toolkits have 2 slot moves that replace a move and still do less for them than leap does for her.
I don’t even play upgraded; I’m just saying that to insinuate that upgraded is a 1 slot move is a bit disingenuous. No one would care about leap if enhanced air blast wasn’t a move. It’s why we don’t see people equip leap by itself with say clinch+goo.

It’s undeniably strong, but I can’t foresee them changing leap to take up 2 slots considering it’s in a tournament variation already.

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
I want to look at the character from a different perspective, because yes, she is very very strong and possibly could use a nerf or two.

But my point is... she is just so fucking BORING! She is literally the worst kombat kid. She is just Jax but with hands. Is this because NRS tries to be woke? I don't want to go into politics but that's kinda the truth. I don't mind well written black khars like Jax. But Jackie is an empty shell of a character. I think most MK players would have preffered to have Takeda or Kung Jin in the game.

Wigy

There it is...
I don’t even play upgraded; I’m just saying that to insinuate that upgraded is a 1 slot move is a bit disingenuous. No one would care about leap if enhanced air blast wasn’t a move. It’s why we don’t see people equip leap by itself with say clinch+goo.

It’s undeniably strong, but I can’t foresee them changing leap to take up 2 slots considering it’s in a tournament variation already.
dont worry wasnt having a go at you, apologies if it came across that way.

she can read a projectile and full combo you for it. Given how jacqui operates thats a massive thing for 1 slot- especially on a character who’s base kit is very complete.

i just think as a comparison to other characters 2 slot moves and her base kit it’s ridiculous its one slot.

Parasurama

Dragon
I feel a read into full combo is fair, as long as it is full combo punishable always.
dont worry wasnt having a go at you, apologies if it came across that way.

she can read a projectile and full combo you for it. Given how jacqui operates thats a massive thing for 1 slot- especially on a character who’s base kit is very complete.

i just think as a comparison to other characters 2 slot moves and her base kit it’s ridiculous its one slot.

a friendly reminder for anyone now joining in , please use the link and let your voice be heard. We can make a change trust me

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
a friendly reminder for anyone now joining in , please use the link and let your voice be heard. We can make a change trust me
What is giving you the impression that NRS cares what you want them to change? Jacqui has been more or less the same since release. Being broken and being annoying to fight are two different things, no way NRS is going to adjust a character on the basis that you or others don’t like fighting them.