Espio

Kokomo
Jade Video Guide
Frame Data
True Damage/Block Chip Damage And Meter Building Data
Combos (Videos & Notations)
Exposed: Ultimate Jade Glow Guide By RunwayMafia
Retaliation: The Ultimate Jade Punishment Guide By RunwayMafia
Jade's Toasty Boost Input (Found by JAP)
Music Intro
Biography:
An assassin for Shao Kahn, Jade has earned a reputation as an agile and stealthy warior. Her family was Edenian nobility and served the emperor once he conquered their realm, giving Jade to him as tribute when she was a child.
After years of rigorous training in the art of combat, Shao Kahn awarded her the position of bodyguard to Princess Kitana. Over the centuries she and Kitana have become close friends, which makes Jade's secret orders painful to accept: Should Kitana's loyalty falter, Jade must kill her friend.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fighting Game Appearences: MK2, MK3, UMK3, MKT, Deception, Armageddon, MK9.
Other Media/Game Appearences : Shaolin Monks, Mortal Kombat Annihilation, Malibu Comics's Mortal Kombat Miniseries.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1: The Basics- Normals, Specials, X-ray, Things To Avoid
Part 2: Jump Kick Combos, Ex Boomerang Set Ups,Unbreakable Damage, Corner Combos
Strings Stagger/Delay
Ex Glow Offense
Part 3: String Breakdown, Punishment Options, Reset, Question And Answer Portion

Even since it's a great job we still need a lot of information, like most damaging option in different cases, glow use, frame data analysis, spacing and many others. I wish we got something like Under_The_Mayo's videos.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It could be an idea to look at what Mayo did with his videos and try to do the same at some point.

Espio

Kokomo
The video guide was essentially to show how to utilize Jade and breaking down the character. I broke down her strings and talked about her frames and I talked about spacing, whiff punishment among other things in the series, it would be a bit repetitive to go over said things again in another video, the topics have been discussed, just not as separate entites.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The video guide was essentially to show how to utilize Jade and breaking down the character. I broke down her strings and talked about her frames and I talked about spacing, whiff punishment among other things in the series, it would be a bit repetitive to go over said things again in another video, the topics have been discussed, just not as separate entites.
;) Sorry if I sounded Jaded.

Gruff757

The Gruff
hmmm.....I'm not sure what to say is wrong with the video.....someone above said some stuff was missing. But I mean other than the slightly better than my video quality, quality, I'd say its a great bundle of vids.

Espio

Kokomo
hmmm.....I'm not sure what to say is wrong with the video.....someone above said some stuff was missing. But I mean other than the slightly better than my video quality, quality, I'd say its a great bundle of vids.
Oh I'm not talking about my above video guide...I'm talking about the Synergy series lol.

The Jade and Stryker video guides got a lot of feedback and attention, prior to the site crash, I don't expect them to get much more, considering they got a lot originally.

Gruff757

The Gruff
ah. it may have to do with the fact that its tag :/
unortunately tag isnt very popular.
i still enjoyed the vid personally

Espio

Kokomo
ah. it may have to do with the fact that its tag :/
unortunately tag isnt very popular.
i still enjoyed the vid personally

I figured that would draw in double the audience considering two characters instead of one, but eh my mistake.

Maybe you're right about it being tag... then again, maybe I should have posted it in the actual Stryker and Jade forums instead of the general discussion forums.

Well thanks, glad someone got something out of it :).

Gruff757

The Gruff
yup yup its always refreshing to see someone a lest trying to give some knowledge of even the not so much used characters :D

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Espio would you recommend using whiff punishing techniques when playing tougher match ups or just playing a spacing and bait game when using jade.

Espio

Kokomo
Espio would you recommend using whiff punishing techniques when playing tougher match ups or just playing a spacing and bait game when using jade.
You always need to be whiff punishing and capitalizing on your opponents mistakes whether the match is in your favor, even, or a tough match up. Spacing and baiting goes hand in hand with whiff punishing.

In order to whiff punish, you have to space the opponent out and bait them to whiff something, hopefully that helps :).

I don't play tag but if I do it's the BFF's I'll play. :d

It's much deeper than tag, I talk about similarities between the characters and their playstyles. The tag combo vid and arcade ladders are supplementary pieces of a the project..which is party of Synergy(things working together).

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
You always need to be whiff punishing and capitalizing on your opponents mistakes whether the match is in your favor, even, or a tough match up. Spacing and baiting goes hand in hand with whiff punishing.

In order to whiff punish, you have to space the opponent out and bait them to whiff something, hopefully that helps :).

It's much deeper than tag, I talk about similarities between the characters and their playstyles. The tag combo vid and arcade ladders are supplementary pieces of a the project..which is party of Synergy(things working together).
cool deal. it does help. Ive been on and off with jade for awhile. bt i think i want to put everyone else on hold for awhile and get serious with jade. although she might be at the bottom of the totem pole. lol. i still think she is a under used character not saying she is the best just under used. i just need to practice the basics with her ie. spacing etc etc. i think my spacing is bad with everyone because i always want to jump in i get hacked for it. lol. btw good video guide.

Espio

Kokomo
cool deal. it does help. Ive been on and off with jade for awhile. bt i think i want to put everyone else on hold for awhile and get serious with jade. although she might be at the bottom of the totem pole. lol. i still think she is a under used character not saying she is the best just under used. i just need to practice the basics with her ie. spacing etc etc. i think my spacing is bad with everyone because i always want to jump in i get hacked for it. lol. btw good video guide.
Glad to hear, I suck at explaining stuff usually lol. Yeah, learning footsies and spacing is a process, a never ending one, techniqually speaking. Because there's always room ro grow and improve.

Thank you :). I am very happy that people have gotten something out of my guides, makes all the time worthwhile.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Glad to hear, I suck at explaining stuff usually lol. Yeah, learning footsies and spacing is a process, a never ending one, techniqually speaking. Because there's always room ro grow and improve.

Thank you :). I am very happy that people have gotten something out of my guides, makes all the time worthwhile.
Ur welcome. And yes i can agree. learning the footsies game is a process. i want to learn it greatly because i just love the way it looks when two high level players are doing it. it just looks like it takes another level of thinking when playing a fight than just playing without the knownledge of footsies. its a must learn thing i must do. lol.

Well, i'm very experienced player, so i didn't find something new for me in this guide, but anyway i thing it's a great and important job, because of many usefull information for new players. So i'd love to see more info for advanced players.