What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
On a lighter note though I love this character, she highly rewards execution and solid play and I love that about her. She is pretty much my main atm.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Am I the only one having trouble opening people up with this character? (aside from high tech variation) I know she has some high low stuff but it isn't exactly the fastest, and I can't seem to find ways to keep pressure going.
Nah I'm with you on this we don't have much that lets you keep on pressure if they block the initial hit, I was stoked for the +4 d3 but I don't think the frame data is right on that normal :/
I also feel she lacks in the mid range unless you're using shotgun, but it's not that big as her crazy walkspeed and bf1 being a really good whiff punisher make up for it.

What variation you're using? I'm only full auto atm and I've been mainly using ex uprocket on block to just keep going ham, you're crazy plus after that and if it hits run 33 bf4 does stupid damage. her 50/50 is nasty they're guessing every time you go in if you do it right and with ex uprocket even if they guessed right you can f4 cancel into overhead/low and get one more chance while they're stuck in blockstun. Plus you'll have the bar, it's not like she has anything else worth spending the EX for.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nah I'm with you on this we don't have much that lets you keep on pressure if they block the initial hit, I was stoked for the +4 d3 but I don't think the frame data is right on that normal :/
I also feel she lacks in the mid range unless you're using shotgun, but it's not that big as her crazy walkspeed and bf1 being a really good whiff punisher make up for it.

What variation you're using? I'm only full auto atm and I've been mainly using ex uprocket on block to just keep going ham, you're crazy plus after that and if it hits run 33 bf4 does stupid damage. her 50/50 is nasty they're guessing every time you go in if you do it right and with ex uprocket even if they guessed right you can f4 cancel into overhead/low and get one more chance while they're stuck in blockstun. Plus you'll have the bar, it's not like she has anything else worth spending the EX for.
I've been sticking with shotgun, but I'm trying to move on to full auto then high tech. Yeah don't get me wrong she still has options for sure, and she is fine in the mid range without shotgun for the most part. Also, her d3 is supposed to be +4? @.@ dafuq, I'll test that.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I've been sticking with shotgun, but I'm trying to move on to full auto then high tech. Yeah don't get me wrong she still has options for sure, and she is fine in the mid range without shotgun for the most part. Also, her d3 is supposed to be +4? @.@ dafuq, I'll test that.
See for yourself. I haven't sat down with it yet but from my matches so far unless I'm really fuckin up it doesn't feel like it's +4.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oZunW6QXq7rR-a6Qc5e1Xg8ccQ5FmfGtqHx7LZ_0Fdg/edit

IKizzLE

BloodHound
D3 is not +4, been tested, the frame data is wrong.

And yes, she has problems opening people up. Her overhead has range and is fairly safe but her low is super slow and you need to be at range zero for it to connect. In fact, unless your doing a j1~50/50, I wouldnt do it outside of the corner. I usually throw....alot, to get people to let loose on block or duck. Very similar strategy to Kitana/Sektor from MK9.

And not only is hi-tech the least viable variation in tournament, it also requires the most work for the least reward. It's as useless as Reptile's invisible variation.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

And yes, she has problems opening people up. Her overhead has range and is fairly safe but her low is super slow and you need to be at range zero for it to connect. In fact, unless your doing a j1~50/50, I wouldnt do it outside of the corner. I usually throw....alot, to get people to let loose on block or duck. Very similar strategy to Kitana/Sektor from MK9.

And not only is hi-tech the least viable variation in tournament, it also requires the most work for the least reward. It's as useless as Reptile's invisible variation.
I had a feeling about all of this. :/ I will just start playing how I'm supposed to then and stop doing all these gimmicks. I wouldn't go as far as to say high tech is useless, but it definitely is the least viable imo.

Well jacqui may be unless soon, Online trolls are crying Full auto is overpowered. All you have to do is take your time going in on her and she can be beat. It's sad when bad players crying about tech they don't understand. Cassie has a superman string no one crying about that tech. It's easy to say Jacqui is broke when you don't understand the game tech.

Last edited:

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
How are you guys dealing with crossover pressure? I've been getting destroyed by it and can't find an answer. tried d3/d4 for low profile, 1/d1 haven't been working out....b1 usually gets me out, but that's a lot less of a solution than i'd like. Am i missing something here or is my timing just off?
If you have a bar you can always ex dash on hit... And sometimes if you let go of block the jip whiffs because of her hitbox and then you can pretty much trip guard, but not all the time.. Also I really like her air rocket you should experiment with that...

Notez4

Noob
Full auto full screen ive been going for run cancel into machine gun. gets them on there toes if ya know what i mean. also mixing it up with run cancel ground rocket is god like. confirm that into run 121 bf4 and we're having a good time.

mfkaoz

Banned
I'm picking up Jacqui as an alt and I need to know how to approach the neutral game with her. I read that her f3/f4 feints are good but I can't really get the timing down. Help pls.

Notez4

Noob
I'm picking up Jacqui as an alt and I need to know how to approach the neutral game with her. I read that her f3/f4 feints are good but I can't really get the timing down. Help pls.
i think i have you on my friends list. i have no mic but i can fight you as jacqui lol

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
The feints can be mashed out. So as soon you go into the F3/F4 animation you can just mash the high/low mixup out.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
What are some good strings/normals to pressure, punish, and open people up?

Thank you in advance people.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Am I the only one having trouble opening people up with this character? (aside from high tech variation) I know she has some high low stuff but it isn't exactly the fastest, and I can't seem to find ways to keep pressure going.
How are you opening people up in High Tech? I'm finding the most trouble with that one :confused:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
you have tech shield you don't need to go anywhere, you take no damage and build crazy meter, EX sometimes to bounce a few things back and they'll come to you whether they like it or not. y'all are forgetting some of the tools you have.