What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
This was a single coma away or from igniting some serious shit lol. A pitty, I had the popcorn ready. Already nostalgic about 10-9... those were the fun times :(
What do you mean?

The reason I didn't include Foxy/Dragon/Wound in that first group is because I was just listing who I played at the tournament.

Sonic/Scar/Foxy/Dragon/Wound/Hayatei are the current MKX gods imo. There's also an argument for Big D and Tekken Master.

Just my opinion. If people want me to play King or someone else in a money match at NEC, someone else is going to have to put the money forward. If I don't get as much help this time around, i'm gonna break the bank just getting there. I respect King anyways so it's whatever.

Lokheit

Noob
What do you mean?

The reason I didn't include Foxy/Dragon/Wound in that first group is because I was just listing who I played at the tournament.

Sonic/Scar/Foxy/Dragon/Wound/Hayatei are the current MKX gods imo. There's also an argument for Big D and Tekken Master.

Just my opinion. If people want me to play King or someone else in a money match at NEC, someone else is going to have to put the money forward. If I don't get as much help this time around, i'm gonna break the bank just getting there. I respect King anyways so it's whatever.
Nah, I meant that it was a single come away from looking like you were saying that everyone was ranked above him :p

At least the first time I read through it (with my non native english) I thought that was the case and had to reread it. Nothing personal against you or anything.

I was just joking, I stayed away from the shitstorm in recent weeks to be honest (props and that stuff btw) as I don't have any personal feelings about it. It's true though that I miss the good ol days of hype money matches.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
ESL is single elimination with no punishment for people with laggy Mcinternet and people cheating/lying about the results, lying about age.
Yet the top placers from ESL S3 are the same players who are winning or placing highly at the biggest majors, and not making excuses

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Imho.

Couple grand for pot bonus, given to TCW by NRS.

While the numbers may not be high, there was NO easy way into top 8...or even top 16.

Every pool had AT LEAST 2 top or very strong players.

I think a major tournament is best defined as the level of talent, not the number of spot fillers imho.

Should a tournament be a major if it has 200+ people sign up and the only top players are like Scar, Dragon and Hayatei? Everyone else is just random people who has never placed a top 16 even?

The concept of "major" is pretty thin.

If we want to talk about real MAJOR tournaments then there should be like Minor tournaments..then regionals. In that case, TCW is a Minor. I'd only consider the likes of KIT, EVO, CEO, Combo Breaker and so-on to be "majors"

EDIT - or coin the phrase 'sub-major' or something.
To be fair in my pool the second seeded player (compbros) wasn't able to attend due to personal life getting in the way. I made it to winners finals after 1 match.

So there was at least 1 free pool and I still didn't make it out. #I'mBuns

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yet the top players from ESL S3 are the same players who are winning or placing highly at the biggest majors, and not making excuses
That was S3. You still have S1 and S2 with issues. S3 also was on PS4 which had more players on that system than on Xbone. You also had issues from players who where not top players. Its not just about top players experiences.

Indecisive

Yet the top placers from ESL S3 are the same players who are winning or placing highly at the biggest majors, and not making excuses
Also there was complaints from top players. It was part of the show on sunday during ESL. Reading salty tweets from players who lost to stupid shit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That was S3. You still have S1 and S2 with issues. S3 also was on PS4 which had more players on that system than on Xbone. You also had issues from players who where not top players. Its not just about top players experiences.
I mean I specifically said "since the new netcode" which would imply Season 3.

They give you 8 weeks to post results anyway -- so even if an anomaly still happens in any particular week, there's plenty of time to earn points.

But it's clear that the best MKX players are able to place consistently in ESL as well as offline, and that was evidenced by S3's results.

Last edited:

Indecisive

I mean I specifically said "since the new netcode" which would imply Season 3.

But it's clear that the best MKX players are able to place consistently in ESL as well as offline, and that was evidenced by S3's results.
The new netcode helps a lot but again you still have the issues listed above with online events. Also you can have someone play for you and not even say anything, and you would never find out.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Also my quick 2 cents, as a Wrestler co-main I'd like to give my seal of approval that Jax Is top 10 (probably top 5 post patch) and he mops that boi Erron Black
nono - you must be mistaken. Jax is BOTTOM 10, everyone knows that. Oh, but you think Erron is bottom 10? wow thats the most outlandish thing I've ever read! Let me grab this meme for you right now.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I thought about making a TCW review thread before I went, but now that it's over, I don't think that's possible.

Just too many people to thank. Mr. Aquaman and his event were just too much. Comparing my experience to notable EVO reviews for MKX, we're fucking up if this isn't our EVO next year.

Everyone from Sonic/Hayatei to guys who people don't know, were awesome. I ran out of Dave and Busters(BJ Penn style lmao) when I beat Hayatei and one of the staff held on to my converter for me lol.
We do have a props thread for TCW if you wanna tag people and such there. People are giving you much props in there.

One thing you need to work on Tweedy that I was SORELY DISAPPOINTED about was your pop off game. Make noise, scream, jump around, be the villain. None of this stone faced arm extended like you about to hit the high note in Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" on American Idol nonsense.

Link if interested
https://testyourmight.com/threads/tcw2-shoutout-thread.61535/#post-2171942

Indecisive

We do have a props thread for TCW if you wanna tag people and such there. People are giving you much props in there.

One thing you need to work on Tweedy that I was SORELY DISAPPOINTED about was your pop off game. Make noise, scream, jump around, be the villain. None of this stone faced arm extended like you about to hit the high note in Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" on American Idol nonsense.

Link if interested
https://testyourmight.com/threads/tcw2-shoutout-thread.61535/#post-2171942
This i agree with. @Tweedy I expected pop offs, Ignorance, Thuggery. People labeled you as the villain so be one.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
@Braindead in your words: kindly suck it pls.

:DOGE

PS. I see you too @Nausea ;)
PSS. @LeftOverShark quit ducking me
Mate I'm not even clued up on this whole Tweedy business so I just selected the funnier option lmao. But congrats to him defo! I love it when people do what they set out to do. There's a lot of people who can learn something from this I'm sure!

I'll need to catch up on all of TCW, sounded like some good hype!

Tweedy

Noob
I should have asked for this thread to be closed immediately or something.

I feel like the title, that I do not condone, is leading to more bullshit, like when people thought that I was saying i'm better than Dragon, when I wasn't. @16 Bit

I don't even know who Insuperable is. Let me be humble you fucks.

Tweedy

Noob
Like all of a sudden i'm rivals with Yomi when they have some of my favorite players that I have a lot of respect for. If I play them in tournament i'll be looking to stomp them out, but that just goes for anyone

I don't dislike or not respect anyone in Yomi, besides @YOMI RM JagoBlake because he's just a flat out BITCH BREH.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
nono - you must be mistaken. Jax is BOTTOM 10, everyone knows that. Oh, but you think Erron is bottom 10? wow thats the most outlandish thing I've ever read! Let me grab this meme for you right now.
The amount of retard in this post... *facepalm

hkriderz

When has civil discussion and TYM ever been in the same sentence? Wow it never fails to amaze me some people in this site.

hkriderz

you are a walking parody of yourself at this point
How am I the joke when I clearly took back what I said mistakingly yet you cling to it like its the only thing in this thread that makes you relevant? Seriously I don't get it lol

Are you just trolling or outright stupid?

hkriderz

Another thing I have never said EVER in this site. I have never downplayed sub zero. People are outright lying in this thread man and it's ok somehow o_o