What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
Tweedy did great at TCW this weekend and deserves alot of props, he did way better than many expected especially for his first offline tournament.

Don't get me wrong he has impressed me, but he definitely isn't better. Talking about careers or specifically this present moment in time. I would mop
We're 1-1 in the ESL. See me at NEC or KIT.

I'm not saying i'm better than anyone, but lets not act like the players that I beat/lost to were some regional bums. Hayatei/Sonic/Scar are all ranked higher than you and basically everyone atm, besides Dragon, Foxy and maybe Wound.

Accolades wise i'm the worst player ever, obviously. I didn't make this stupid thread title. I do think that i'm pretty good right now and a threat to anyone. I hope we play at one of the closing majors for MKX.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Isn't exile just like emperor ? Isn't murk emperor?

There's a massive difference between sponsor and team
Murk is EXiLE.

We sponsor players, too.

Right now we sponsor Stabs, Murk, Calf and Tweedy. Of course Sanix and myself also have sponsorship because of leadership.

We have a financee from Florida who is going to get our jerseys and stuff going. We are also expanding beyond MKX.

But we also have an online clan. Specifically because the future of the NRS scene relies on top players assisting these new players. Our clan members have the chance to be under the same banner as those I mentioned and level up with them.

It's a pretty cool thingy.

But yeah, we do full sponsorships. Still hammering out some details...but yeah.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Real talk though tweedy is one of my favorite posters on this site. Sure he talks a lot of shit but it's so refreshing seeing someone with a lot of confidence in themselves and actually backing it up. Plus I'd rather see tweedy pumping himself up vs reading people just go on and on about 50/50s. Tweedy actually seems like he genuinely like this game and I'm glad he's getting the success he deserves

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I am not bashing Tweedy in any way with this - I think Alien is godlike. Every person that touches the character, whether they want to admit it or not is abusing his OP elements. The entire character is OP. Did Tweedy hit someone with a b3 from downtown? That's OP. Did rekkas happen at some point? There ya go. Was a d4 into pretty tricky to fuzzy 50/50 thrown out? Bam. Was a JIP thrown out? a JIP that beats most if not all things? Also OP. Alien's tools are fucking nuuuuuuuuuuuts compared to some of the other characters - there's no glaring weakness on that character. As soon as you choose Alien you're into some OP shit.
I have no doubt that you understand better than I do, but I guess its just his play-style that doesn't make it seem that way. You see most Alien players going to the well again and again - making the game super-simple. Tweedy mixes things up so much that its hard to gauge what he's going to do. I hate Alien and most Alien players are painful to watch, but with Tweedy - it just isn't that bad. I'm not looking for agreement, but can you at least see how I'm seeing it?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Murk is EXiLE.

We sponsor players, too.

Right now we sponsor Stabs, Murk, Calf and Tweedy. Of course Sanix and myself also have sponsorship because of leadership.

We have a financee from Florida who is going to get our jerseys and stuff going. We are also expanding beyond MKX.

But we also have an online clan. Specifically because the future of the NRS scene relies on top players assisting these new players. Our clan members have the chance to be under the same banner as those I mentioned and level up with them.

It's a pretty cool thingy.

But yeah, we do full sponsorships. Still hammering out some details...but yeah.
In the Madden community, the longest lasting players have remained relevant professionally by listening to their younger counter-parts. It becomes harder and harder to remain supremely focused with every installment and fresh perspective from determined players can speed the learning curve enough to overcome that inevitable fall-off.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I have no doubt that you understand better than I do, but I guess its just his play-style that doesn't make it seem that way. You see most Alien players going to the well again and again - making the game super-simple. Tweedy mixes things up so much that its hard to gauge what he's going to do. I hate Alien and most Alien players are painful to watch, but with Tweedy - it just isn't that bad. I'm not looking for agreement, but can you at least see how I'm seeing it?
No I know what you mean, you can tell he's thinking and that he's not copy and paste

Reactions: GAV

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I also mean to say that Tweedy is godlike in that first line, not Alien. I must have missed that

Tweedy

Noob
My main point is that not every tournament can (nor should be) a major event. It's not feasible, and it's certainly not logical. Certain times of the year, certain areas of the country, etc. just make it easier for a lot of the talent to get to one place more than others. But, like most pro sports, these other tournies, while not necessarily stacked with talent, will probably have a decent handful of good players that one could beat to establish themselves as a name. But as far as like, someone placing top 16/9th at a smaller event like that, it doesn't necessarily build a big case for being a dominant player. Which just makes sense.

At no point do grassroots events stop being a wonderful opportunity for the community at large, it just means that they don't have to pump themselves up as a "major" in order to get players to come. People will come regardless, and if top guys decide it's not worth their time, oh well, can't mourn forever. But you'd better believe that if a major upset happens in that area and they get a sense that there is some major talent in the area, they'll come out the next year.
I didn't read everything, so is the point that TCW isn't a major or whatever?

Hayatei won Toruyken and Scar won ECT, both without breaking a sweat. Those are regionals. They were both in loser's before top 8. Great players like Reo and Aquaman didn't make top 8. It's also not like Kevo and I got into top 8 because of a lack of depth, we both beat gods to get our placing. Cossner and 2ez are also probably the two most underrated players in the scene right now.

TCW lacked a round, maybe a round and a half of real depth, in comparison to Combo Breaker/CEO/EVO. It was a major, just not the most stacked major.

FinalBoss_FGC

I didn't read everything, so is the point that TCW isn't a major or whatever?

Hayatei won Toruyken and Scar won ECT, both without breaking a sweat. Those are regionals. They were both in loser's before top 8. Great players like Reo and Aquaman didn't make top 8. It's also not like Kevo and I got into top 8 because of a lack of depth, we both beat gods to get our placing. Cossner and 2ez are also probably the two most underrated players in the scene right now.

TCW lacked a round, maybe a round and a half of real depth, in comparison to Combo Breaker/CEO/EVO. It was a major, just not the most stacked major.
Imho.

Couple grand for pot bonus, given to TCW by NRS.

While the numbers may not be high, there was NO easy way into top 8...or even top 16.

Every pool had AT LEAST 2 top or very strong players.

I think a major tournament is best defined as the level of talent, not the number of spot fillers imho.

Should a tournament be a major if it has 200+ people sign up and the only top players are like Scar, Dragon and Hayatei? Everyone else is just random people who has never placed a top 16 even?

The concept of "major" is pretty thin.

If we want to talk about real MAJOR tournaments then there should be like Minor tournaments..then regionals. In that case, TCW is a Minor. I'd only consider the likes of KIT, EVO, CEO, Combo Breaker and so-on to be "majors"

EDIT - or coin the phrase 'sub-major' or something.

Tweedy

Noob
Imho.

Couple grand for pot bonus, given to TCW by NRS.

While the numbers may not be high, there was NO easy way into top 8...or even top 16.

Every pool had AT LEAST 2 top or very strong players.

I think a major tournament is best defined as the level of talent, not the number of spot fillers imho.

Should a tournament be a major if it has 200+ people sign up and the only top players are like Scar, Dragon and Hayatei? Everyone else is just random people who has never placed a top 16 even?

The concept of "major" is pretty thin.

If we want to talk about real MAJOR tournaments then there should be like Minor tournaments..then regionals. In that case, TCW is a Minor. I'd only consider the likes of KIT, EVO, CEO, Combo Breaker and so-on to be "majors"

EDIT - or coin the phrase 'sub-major' or something.
8 pools + 4 gods + 2 players who beat gods qualifies as a major to me, even if you add in "minors".

Combo Breaker and CEO had slightly less people than EVO. Are those minors? Not really. TCW was just slightly below those 3.

FinalBoss_FGC

8 pools + 4 gods + 2 players who beat gods qualifies as a major to me, even if you add in "minors".

Combo Breaker and CEO had slightly less people than EVO. Are those minors? Not really. TCW was just slightly below those 3.
I can see that.

I think a Major should be like the Super Bowls of fighting games...like all of the top players go there + big numbers.

I'm not downplaying the path anybody had to take, don't get it twisted.

TCW could be considered a MKX major but people don't like to do that.

Imho, Evo is a Street Fighter tourney and always will be

Tweedy

Noob
I can see that.

I think a Major should be like the Super Bowls of fighting games...like all of the top players go there + big numbers.

I'm not downplaying the path anybody had to take, don't get it twisted.

TCW could be considered a MKX major but people don't like to do that.

Imho, Evo is a Street Fighter tourney and always will be
A world championship maybe.

Majors should be like, once a month or once every two months.

I think pretty much everyone considers TCW a major besides people who want to discredit me, or someone else who placed well.

There are also some misconceptions. Like people who don't understand how good some of the SOVA and Hazardous guys are. There are a lot of big names that i'd rather see in my bracket than Kevo or Dark right now. Players like Yams, Zappa and Mr Aquaman are all a step under super top player status. Those guys didn't get top 8 and always get top 3 at regionals, if that's anymore proof that this was a major.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
A world championship maybe.

Majors should be like, once a month or once every two months.

I think pretty much everyone considers TCW a major besides people who want to discredit me, or someone else who placed well.

There are also some misconceptions. Like people who don't understand how good some of the SOVA and Hazardous guys are. There are a lot of big names that i'd rather see in my bracket than Kevo or Dark right now. Players like Yams, Zappa and Mr Aquaman are all a step under super top player status. Those guys didn't get top 8 and always get top 3 at regionals, if that's anymore proof that this was a major.
Great meme. Adding yams to that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's interesting to see that an online warrior can see the irrelevance of online tournaments to the weight of being a top player after going to 1 offline tournament. Hmmmm.
Now that the netcode is fixed, I think calling events like ESL irrelevant isn't accurate at all.

That's a talking point from 2011 that isn't valid anymore.

Two different places to prove yourself, and each has their own characteristics and benefits.

Plus, everyone who's truly top in MKX (Sonic, Scar, Dragon, Foxy, etc.) is doing well in both.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Now that the netcode is fixed, I think calling events like ESL irrelevant isn't accurate at all.

Two different places to prove yourself, and each has their own characteristics and benefits.
ESL is single elimination with no punishment for people with laggy Mcinternet and people cheating/lying about the results, lying about age. it has happened multiple times. Only person to really get a huge punishment was Dragon. but other people have done it and have gotten no punishment. Until they have a better way to handle issues like this online tournament will still have a slightly shitty stigma. Single elimination makes sense though

Tweedy

Noob

There's just a lot of uncertainty when playing online. The game is already super fast and has tons of varying blockstun so even slight rollback can make it unrealistic.

I rage a lot online but I found myself not getting mad once at TCW. Every time I got hit I knew why, when I didn't get a punish I knew why, etc.

Edit: As someone who has had to play Sonic, Scar, King, Wound, etc, before top 16 in the ESL, single elimination is uhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh and also i'm someone who has gotten a cupcake road to an ESL top 8 before. Single elimination is just pure lameness. It never tells the whole story.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Hayatei/Sonic/Scar are all ranked higher than you and basically everyone atm,
This was a single coma away or from igniting some serious shit lol. A pitty, I had the popcorn ready. Already nostalgic about 10-9... those were the fun times :(