What's new

Question - Takeda Is Takeda a low tier hero?

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
All this Lasher talk.... Who even uses this "useless" variation? :rolleyes:

Not even NRS apparently as his winning animation is still glitched since launch... :confused:

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I main Takeda.. I have used all variations but mainly Shirai Ryu because of the tele. But what do you think? Is Takeda a low tier hero or is he a mid tier? I feel like I'm always working my hardest to defeat my opponent when I use Takeda. I always feel like i'm behind even if I have a slight lead. This just might be me.

@Red Raptor
He's around A+ after he got buffed. Now he's right next to Scorps, Subby and Reptizil. That is assuming you follow the standard grading method:

S
S-
A+
A-
B

#japan

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
He's around A+ after he got buffed. Now he's right next to Scorps, Subby and Reptizil. That is assuming you follow the standard grading method:

S
S-
A+
A-
B

#japan
see - by this standard i would also as A+

but i thought we were going by

S Tier (most winning match ups)
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
Tanya
Shinnok

A+ Tier
Predator
Tremor
Cassie
D'Vorah
Johnny Cage
Jax

A Tier
Sonya Blade
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kung Jin
Liu Kang
Takeda
Kitana
Reptile
Kano
Raiden

B Tier
Kenshi
Ermac
Mileena
Jacqui
Ferra / Torr
Goro

C Tier (no winning match ups)
Jason

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
see - by this standard i would also as A+

but i thought we were going by

S Tier (most winning match ups)
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
Tanya
Shinnok

A+ Tier
Predator
Tremor
Cassie
D'Vorah
Johnny Cage
Jax

A Tier
Sonya Blade
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kung Jin
Liu Kang
Takeda
Kitana
Reptile
Kano
Raiden

B Tier
Kenshi
Ermac
Mileena
Jacqui
Ferra / Torr
Goro

C Tier (no winning match ups)
Jason
Yeah either is considered correct. Imagine 5 REALLY good fighters that are above the competition and 2 of them have better matchups than the others. In this scenario S and -S would be used. I've seen SF tier lists that look like this:
S+
S
S-
A+
Etc
It depends on how you view the entire cast. When I say "standard" I mean an alphabetic tier list and not those goofy ass numbered ones.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Lasher falls in last place due to the fact that he doesn't have safe pressure without losing damage. Which is where SR excels.

IMO if lasher could fully and easily convert from ex kunai, it'd be a lot better. That ONE flaw is what holds him back from being great.
Lasher can get 30% and more off of ex kunai midscreen.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
only thing i can get decent damage off is 34%

b21 ex.bf2 njp fjp2(jump forward 2) f12 1+4 bf2

or u can end that with df1 32% ibelieve with that ender

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Ahh,

For Lasher that seems right for 1 bar. But what I normally do would be...

Starter xx exBF2, nJP, 44 xx df1 or bf2. It will do 34-35% depending if both hit boxes hit on a df1.
you can get 39% for a bar with lasher, but i go for the more consistent 38% with one bar with lasher when i want to go for damage instead of set up, B21 EXBF2 NJP B2 close kunai, F21 BF2

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
semi-unblockables are the definition of "braindead", but fine...
The problem with that is that shirai ryu players can't rely on his semi ublockable, since it requires meter, and hell even though it is available in lasher it isn't really worth it since it requires even more meter to get damage off it and lasher has better things to spend meter on, but even in shirai ryu it takes a good deal of planning to get it off.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
It takes a single knockdown, like when you combo NJP and NJP. If this is "planning" ahead for you, you must have been playing Takeda for quite a while and prove all my points!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
It takes a single knockdown, like when you combo NJP and NJP. If this is "planning" ahead for you, you must have been playing Takeda for quite a while and prove all my points!
Prof is right. Takeda can't simply rely on his hard to blockables. They require a lot more set up, than just njp into njp. It's not a restand, its a knockdown and the timing between delayed wake up, short or long, and regular wake up is different. Which means, its a potential waste of a bar and free whiff punish for the opponent.