What's new

Question Is Pain Chain Guaranteed After B1?

Is Pain Chain Guaranteed After B1?

• Total voters

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'm loving Grundy but this needs taking out tbh. The combo has no swag too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I'm loving Grundy but this needs taking out tbh. The combo has no swag too.

why?
he doesnt get that much extra damage from it and his throw traits were made to be unclashable when done raw so what wrong with having a setup that u can use the way there were designed? only really gets it by using mid combo ex swamp hands aswell, so i think it fair.
not like u going to be nailing naked b1s either,doesnt jail from any jump normal either and is easy to react to on knockdowns etc

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
his d2 is really one of the only good reliable AA d2's in the game.

thats not op!!! LOL
Bullshit... KF/Shazam's are good, a LOT of character's are good... Grundy's hits in front, above, and behind him with NO TIMING REQUIRED like scrubby Ryu Ultra combos... and now it grants 50%+ ...gtfo

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
why?
he doesnt get that much extra damage from it and his throw traits were made to be unclashable when done raw so what wrong with having a setup that u can use the way there were designed? only really gets it by using mid combo ex swamp hands aswell, so i think it fair.
not like u going to be nailing naked b1s either,doesnt jail from any jump normal either and is easy to react to on knockdowns etc
It essentially breaks the rules of combos. I'd be fine with it I'd it gave you a mix up of another b1, f1 or throw with an option to escape each. The fact it gives unscaled damage however is unfair. Its also obvious the d2 was meant to scale damage which again this breaks the rules of.

And anyway I preferred the looks of all the original combos.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
It essentially breaks the rules of combos. I'd be fine with it I'd it gave you a mix up of another b1, f1 or throw with an option to escape each. The fact it gives unscaled damage however is unfair. Its also obvious the d2 was meant to scale damage which again this breaks the rules of.

And anyway I preferred the looks of all the original combos.

Definitely not a Cyrax player.... :>

Brahma

Noob
d2 isn't an issue, it's good, but not overly so. The issue is that you can get a damage reset with b1, trait chain. I'm guessing it will be patched so b1 gives less frames on hit.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
D2 is full combo punishable on block too, though I don't think I've actually been punished for it yet.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
Until the hit B1 > Trait severely distorts Grundy matches I don't see a problem with it (or with rules being broken).

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
whats really great is if you use the stinky cloud right after b1, you'll have the perfect timing for the chain grab.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
if thats true then we can actually get two rots out
nevermind I just tested it out, you can jump out of the b1 reset if you do b1-stink cloud. However if you do it during the swamp hands you may still be okay.

Actually what I found is that if you do this

ji2 112 ex swamp hands, ex stink, b1 ~ trait defense = 60% roughly.

I say use defense because I'm just trying to find a good damage for defense, since I will be using that trait now for zoners.

DaiHuu Showtime STB CharlieMurphy

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
nevermind I just tested it out, you can jump out of the b1 reset if you do b1-stink cloud. However if you do it during the swamp hands you may still be okay.

Actually what I found is that if you do this

ji2 112 ex swamp hands, ex stink, b1 ~ trait defense = 60% roughly.

I say use defense because I'm just trying to find a good damage for defense, since I will be using that trait now for zoners.

DaiHuu Showtime STB CharlieMurphy
I would totally burn two bars against Green Lantern ...
heck I do it now if I land WC MB into a mixup. NOM NOM NOM meter.

I like that. I'm storing it in the memory banks.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I would totally burn two bars against Green Lantern ...
heck I do it now if I land WC MB into a mixup. NOM NOM NOM meter.

I like that. I'm storing it in the memory banks.
If you're feeling cocky b1 can give you a free 50/50 mixup into another swamp hands

F1/f3 baby!

Mestizo3

Noob
Guys I had someone online break this reset via a clash when I went to trait grab them after the b1 (not cancelled). So even though it doesn't count as a combo per se in the combo hit count, it is clashable, which weird because raw trait grabs are not clashable.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Guys I had someone online break this reset via a clash when I went to trait grab them after the b1 (not cancelled). So even though it doesn't count as a combo per se in the combo hit count, it is clashable, which weird because raw trait grabs are not clashable.
no it's not, you hit the trait way too early.

no it's not, you hit the trait way too early.
I've actually had experiences where people were able to clash the trait grab. In some instances I'll end up delaying the trait grab to see if they are actually spamming the clash. So are you able to pull off the grab without the risk of clashing?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I've actually had experiences where people were able to clash the trait grab. In some instances I'll end up delaying the trait grab to see if they are actually spamming the clash. So are you able to pull off the grab without the risk of clashing?
Yes. If they can clash, you are doing the grab way too early.

Gruff757

The Gruff
But if you delay the trait grab then they can jump/backdash out
you have a (not very)small window to get the opponent in where they cant do a thing about it. if you do ti too fast it will combo, if you do it too slow they will get away. you should do it like right at the end of their stun recovery.

Mestizo3

Noob
you have a (not very)small window to get the opponent in where they cant do a thing about it. if you do ti too fast it will combo, if you do it too slow they will get away. you should do it like right at the end of their stun recovery.
I've never had it combo after B1, not cancelled, into trait grab. Anyone have a video of this? That's why I thought it was so weird that he could clash because I've never had the trait grab combo after the b1.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
I use a three-finger drum on the Trait button (guess you should just mash if you're not on a stick).

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you get hit by the B1 overhead from EX swamp hands, the opponent can clash the Trait grab.

At least I think it can, it happened quite a few times the other day.
In training mode, you can do it to N AI who is on auto jump.

I also then recorded grundy doing the same thing, and tried clashing out. I could not.