What's new

Is Kombat Pack 2 imminent at Gamescom 2015!? - NRS announcement history and hint analysis.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I can picture sindel being in the game just fine tho. She'll have a variation that focuses on her levitate and a variation that focuses on her kwan do. I can't think of a 3rd variation tho lol. Her hair?

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
It has to do with the Variation possibilities and the fact they have models in the game.

Man just think of the variations Shang Tsung can bring.

Shang Tsung:

UNIVERSAL: Skull, Up Skull, Ground Skull, Mysterious Magic( a low-hitting slide which can be MB'd to do an overhead juggle, can do this on block), and Soul Steal(Transforms Shang into the opponent, Grants enhanced damage on hit, and enhanced Soul Steal has a point of armor, and transformation lasts longer.)

MASTER OF STYLES: Gains various animal stances, Snake, Crane, Mantis, and Tiger. Each has different benefits such a armor, low profiling, counters, etc. Like Lei WuLong except Shang Tsung stays in the stance when he blocks. Loses ground Skull, Up Skull, and Soul Steal.

SOUL-TAKER: Enhances Soul Steal. Soul Steal grants health on hit(4%), enhanced version stuns opponent for combo and grants more health on hit(7%). Normal throw grants 3% health on hit.

SOULFIRE: Enhances Skull attacks, doing slightly more damage and hitting for two hits. Gains Hot Escape(Teleport, works like Freddy's from MK9)

The general idea of Master of Styles is that it is a "Thinking Man's" variation. Each stance has their own set of moves and unique properties that can change Shang from a defensive character to an offensive character and vise versa. He could also cancel stance strings into another stance and some could combo together.
But that's Shang Tsung, a character who has great moveset potential and fits in the story reallly well, if he's not DLC he WILL be in the next game, likely as the main villian. Baraka barely had a moveset in MK9, his entire game was specials. Sindel could be okay, but you probably couldn't fit in three variations, they made three out of Jason who only uses a machete, so maybe. But they are extremely underrated characters and now they are the most requested? That'd be like people screaming for Sheeva as DLC.

-Mavado (He's cool... whatever.)
What

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Sindel is probably the MOST sensible character to use with the variation system. A hair grapple one, a fireball tricks one, and an aerial flying around one. Voila.

I think it'll be Rain/Sindel/Baraka/Fujin because that feels like the least amount of additional work.

If they don't do the fightable story NPCs: Smoke, Li Mei or Sareena, a guest, Fujin.

Noob, Sektor, Cyrax, Bo' Rai Cho, Reiko, Shao Kahn, Nightwolf and Onaga are all out because they have eye close-up kombat kard backgrounds already.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Sindel is probably the MOST sensible character to use with the variation system. A hair grapple one, a fireball tricks one, and an aerial flying around one. Voila.

I think it'll be Rain/Sindel/Baraka/Fujin because that feels like the least amount of additional work.

If they don't do the fightable story NPCs: Smoke, Li Mei or Sareena, a guest, Fujin.

Noob, Sektor, Cyrax, Bo' Rai Cho, Reiko, Shao Kahn, Nightwolf and Onaga are all out because they have eye close-up kombat kard backgrounds already.
They could be closeups of the mk9 designs, while they still make closeups of the new designs for when they come out. I think Cyrax is very likely because on the Cyrax bomb tower, they changed the description to "The cybernetic ninja Cyrax is throwing bombs in the arena", to "Cybernetic ninjas are throwing bombs in the arena"

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Smoke please. He would be so great in MKX and would instantly become my main 2 next to DF Liu Kang. I preached on the subject many times and in vast detail on likely characters in another thread so I'll just leave my $.02 where ever I can.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I mean, if there is a Kombat Pack 2, doesn't it make sense that it will include the characters that appeared in story mode, for whom they have the models ready?
It would, yes. I just want my MK9 main back though, Shang Tsung needs to be in this game to completely wreck Quan Chi and Lame-Ass Shinnok.

I'd be fine with Rain and Fujin though.

Not to be a dick but why the sudden hype for Baraka and Sindel? They were unpopular characters in MK9 if I remember
I am not sure about Sindel. For Baraka, (gameplay and fangirl/fanboyism aside,) he is an iconic character from MKII, and that makes him popular and easily recognizable amongst casuals.
Everyone here has bad opinions. Sindel, Baraka, Shang, Havik, Fujin, Rain, and Reiko all gobble boners. The correct list is:
-Sektor or Cyrax (Hopefully Cyrax. He's black, he's more alive than Sektor, and RedRaptor would just drop Takeda if Sektor made it. One of these is guaranteed.)
-Noob or Smoke (I don't care which. One of these is guaranteed.)
-Mavado (He's cool... whatever.)
Hmm...
-A Hot Young Female (I need a little girl character, man. She doesn't have to be underage, just close enough for me to pretend.
*other things*)
I don't know about you, Mr. Muffin, but I would hate to see a character of that sort fall victim to the violent Fatalities in MKX.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I am not sure about Sindel. For Baraka, (gameplay and fangirl/fanboyism aside,) he is an iconic character from MKII, and that makes him popular and easily recognizable amongst casuals.
So we want to waste one of our 4 combat slots on him, to appeal to casuals? To help make NRS's money for them? I don't like this argument for including Baraka

That being said, it's probably accurate. My girlfriend loves Baraka she was super disappointed about him being unplayable, even more so since hes practically in the game

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.

Lol help me out but how is that about the eye portraits and such validate these characters exclusion. How?

It's totally okay if she only LOOKS 10. Like Marie Rose. So hold this, senpai...
Light Punch
The anti-video game movement and media does not discriminate between those who are ten, and those who have a deformity (or other trait) that renders their physical forms unable to mature past a certain point. The completion of your wish would eventually give ammunition to the anti-vidya gamez agenda.

However, if the other kombatants are incapable of performing Fatalities and Brutalities on your requested character – akin to Ferra – then I guess it'd be fine.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Lol help me out but how is that about the eye portraits and such validate these characters exclusion. How?
Cause all playable characters have them, and if characters have them already then they can't add them when they are playable. But I'm thinking that they could add in an eye background for their new design, because Noob has an eye background already and he is one of the most requested characters