What's new

Question - Impostor Is Imposter Shinnok braindead?

Is Imposter Shinnok braindead?

• Total voters

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
What is his d4 on block?
Just check what ex hellsparks are on block. Most shinnoks tend to do d4 hellsparks which is quite annoying and a true blockstring. Thankfully pokes don't combo into specials.... On second thought it would be dumb for Johnny since he'd have d4 ex np and true 50/50s if I assume correctly

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Impostor requires a lot of lab for every stolen move and when the move sucks you need to find the time to get rid of it. the tricky portal also needs to be used wisely. impostor is not braindead.

Technically imposter can't be brain dead IMO.

You can't throw out teleports cause you'll get punished.
You have to learn matchups and when to use his stolen moves, you don't use the same exact strings over and over like bone shaper.

Learning what moves you steal alone makes imposter not brain dead.

I still hate fucking hell sparks tho lol. Btw @ArmedCalf it's me CubaEvans from gfaqs :)

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Technically imposter can't be brain dead IMO.

You can't throw out teleports cause you'll get punished.
You have to learn matchups and when to use his stolen moves, you don't use the same exact strings over and over like bone shaper.

Learning what moves you steal alone makes imposter not brain dead.

I still hate fucking hell sparks tho lol. Btw @ArmedCalf it's me CubaEvans from gfaqs :)
Dude! What's up:p

I would have to say no. He is a rather linear character (minus the vortex shenanigans), indeed. Brain dead, however, is a fairly large stretch.

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
Depends on who you're fighting, really. People familiar with the MU will make you work for the win though.

But there's just something that feels so right about trapping Quan Chi in a vortex.

It's pure bliss.
It make being an impostor main oh so sweet... it's all about the little things.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Depends on who you're fighting, really. People familiar with the MU will make you work for the win though.

But there's just something that feels so right about trapping Quan Chi in a vortex.

It's pure bliss.
Oddly enough I've been swearing that the Quan Chi MU is 5-5, but there's so much to it lol. Quan can punish a raw Hell Sparks with Trance, but Shinnok can almost hit Quan with his old school chip damage. I have to lab it a bit more but I think it works.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Oddly enough I've been swearing that the Quan Chi MU is 5-5, but there's so much to it lol. Quan can punish a raw Hell Sparks with Trance, but Shinnok can almost hit Quan with his old school chip damage. I have to lab it a bit more but I think it works.
I play both and I never understood why Quans are so scared of the matchup. punish the tricky portal is super easy and Quan's damage is way higher then Shinnok's, then if we are talking about Summoner he even does have that touch of death thing. I really don't see how Quan loses the matchup, personally I find myself really comfortable as Quan against any Shinnok.

I fully agree that it is 5:5, I play both characters and some Quan Chi players say that it is Quan's worst MU. But I think:

they both have a vortex, but Quan's is almost always safer, actually does more damage, and is harder to block (we are talking about Summoner of course).
Impostor pressures and chips Summoner really well, but Summoner zones him and can punish IA Tricky Portals on reaction with Instant NJP which autocorrects to the either side.
Summoner himself can do a 30% blockstring with 2 bars and a bat, and as you have mentioned he can punish HS with a reversal Trance.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Let me just say here, that offline it's no big deal. Online that teleport is retarded. If you don't have an instant air projectile or godlike reflexes or preferably both, you're done.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Let me just say here, that offline it's no big deal. Online that teleport is retarded. If you don't have an instant air projectile or godlike reflexes or preferably both, you're done.
...or a god like NJP. Hell, I'm even able to catch them 7/10 times with Reptile's and his is pretty weak.

And yeah a good Quan definitely gives Shinnok a run for his money. Making the right read in the Imposter vortex is the key.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Shinnok is just one of those characters that are cheap online. When you see offline Shinnok's at majors and locals it's a whole other game. They actually get punished when they do the unsafe shit - just like everyone else. He doesn't need nerfs.

skater11

The saltiest
Can someone tell me the strings that most impostor or shinnoks in General use in pressure and their disadvantages? Having trouble against intermediate to advanced shinnoks online.

Edit: Ignore my player card here on TYM. I literally just chose it because I liked the color. I don't main shinnok.