What's new

Discussion Is all the bashing killing MKX competitively?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
How many people who posted/will post here actually travel and play competitively?
I will. I'm going to try. Between my family, kids, my career and life in general. If I can try and fit a few hours in online on the weekend. Then why shouldn't I try and and do it offline.

There's others just like me who just can't do it and I'll bet most wish they could. That's where ESL and online tournaments come in. And even on that I couldn't even commit due to my busy life.

But I'll try. Despite what excuses and arguments I'll have with my Queen I'll try.

Oh...

And I don't think anything is killing this game.

What I do think is the constant bitching, complaining and lil girl self entitled whining is poisoning some in the community who should know better than to not listen to this shit anyways and brush it off they shoulders.

But hey. That's just my opinion which I posted.

E

Eldriken

I will. I'm going to try. Between my family, kids, my career and life in general. If I can try and fit a few hours in online on the weekend. Then why shouldn't I try and and do it offline.

There's others just like me who just can't do it and I'll bet most wish they could. That's where ESL and online tournaments come in. And even on that I couldn't even commit due to my busy life.

But I'll try. Despite what excuses and arguments I'll have with my Queen I'll try.

Oh...

And I don't think anything is killing this game.

What I do think is the constant bitching, complaining and lil girl self entitled whining is poisoning some in the community who should know better than to not listen to this shit anyways and brush it off they shoulders.

But hey. That's just my opinion which I posted.
I'm in the same boat. I'm only a little over an hour away from where CEO is held and I've only been able to go once because the stars aligned and my wife and I both had the weekend off and someone to watch our kids.

I wish I could travel and go to events, but it just isn't always possible due to what you mentioned above.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm in the same boat. I'm only a little over an hour away from where CEO is held and I've only been able to go once because the stars aligned and my wife and I both had the weekend off and someone to watch our kids.

I wish I could travel and go to events, but it just isn't always possible due to what you mentioned above.
Yeah man. I feel you. That's why I said what I said and I'm going to try and do what I can.

The thing is and I've talked to others about this, even my own brother who's tried to do the same thing when he was younger man and single, was its a commitment that costs you more then you will gain so the higher or more your responsibilities are the more strain and stress you get from your life outside of what you think you could/want to achieve from offline.

This has aslo kept me away and wery of trying but I got the blessings and support to try.

So I'll try and do it for me. For them.

And those of us in the same boat.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Lately I've been hearing constant negativity about the game we all play. "This game is bad", "No footsies", "Broken characters" "Just 50/50" "No AA" etc and almost nothing good about the game. This all comes from the pro-players who are usually at tournaments.

Competitively MKX has had a good support from Netherrealm and ESL but yet everyone expects this EVO to be the end of the life for the game.

Isn't it possible that all this constant bashing and negativity from the community is what is killing the game competitively. I mean how are new players going to be motivated to join the competitive scene for mkx when all they hear is bad things about the game? Maybe if the community was a little less toxic about their own game and have a positive view towards it the game could have a longer life span.
No, it's the game that's killing itself. There's negativity in the FGC even in games like KI and SF where the game itself is pretty good tbh.

The last patch made this FINALLY a "viable competitive fighting game"? That's sad and not true but i'll focus on the sad part first. Sad because the first time SF5 was released, it had some issues. After 2 or 3 weeks, it got everything fixed within a short span and the community was receiving daily basis comments from the creators of the game about it. Why the hell can't even MKX do that WITHOUT having to update the game? Plus when we DO receive "live via satellite..." streams, they're not answering our questions, they're not actually proactive about the characters (unless you deem being over the top sarcastic as legitimate "excitement") and they just suck at demonstrating what the actual character/s can do. What makes it even worst is we have our very own MK player, retire from competitive play just to join as their in-resident "tester" or "player" and yet he can't even get them to talk to us or give us updates.

Now to focus on whether or not this last patch made it viable. The last patch definitely did something to the community and to the state of the game but it's effects are detrimental to the future of this game and killer to this community. I've never seen TYM this toxic since the MK9 era of people talking about Brady and his gas station video. This community is already on it's last legs with the last patch and once EVO comes, it's going to be the final nail in the game's coffin.
umm no

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
MK lacks a substantial community first and foremost. Seriously, there's no allure here. SF has a competitive legacy, meanwhile MK has... Fatalities despite some good tournament representation.

Now as a SF player transplant I will say this, seeing as I hear the same thing over and over, MK doesn't appeal to the common FG player because of the lack of *gasp* fundamentals. Now we all now MK has its own brand of fundamentals, it's not the same as seen in SF and that's where it loses players. Additionally, on the surface MK is too gimmicky, compounding to the issue is because of the fact NRS appears to not know what the fuck they are doing, it pushes other communities away.

Those are the things I hear the most. Take from it what you will. Also the complaining, you guys bitch so god damn much.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
the competitive scene will be just fine so long as everyone promises to teabag mid combo and before I forget sfv sold another 2 copies last month.
enjoy your day.

zabugi

The only Real Master
No matter what they say, its still a great game. Some players just say whatever comes to mind be it accurate or inaccurate whatever your source maybe. Its your fault if u dont level up

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That's still not "random."

It was deliberately coded to hit that way, as in someone had to deliberately write the code to make it hit overhead/low.

Still makes no sense to call it random.
You took things way too directly, he didn't say random as really "random", it was a figurine way to describe super fast or unreactable, take as you will, not sure if in english exists such words, but in my language some words can be used on a sentence and have a different meaning.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
200k online tournament with weekly 1000$. Discuss.
That has little to nothing to do with the competitiveness or the playability of the game tho.

SFXT was at the first capcom cup, doesn't mean it's a good game.

MKX is fine but there's HELLA CRYBABIES in this community who get these games patched to hell and sooner or later we end up w a jumbled piece of shit.

Every single time.