What's new

General/Other Instill Great Fear -- Sinestro General Discussion Thread

babalook

Noob
does anyone know more about his trait, I feel like itll be like lex's were you can charge it to level 1-3

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The game was leaked already. There are breakers and ex combos and resets. This is MK9 but DC
it's like you don't know anything about fighting games at all

There is one breaker(called the clash). Other games require meter for combos, other games have resets. Did you even look at anything before spouting this shit?

I hope you can make it to evo this year. So I can dominate you with my MK9 skills that directly transported straight to this game.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Whoa whoa buddy im just trying to level you up with the information you need. Sinestro is S tier get off my dick.
How do you know Sinestro is S-tier ? Cause I think the game has not been officially released, and even then, tiers change either through time or through the developers interference.

Zachara

Noob
Hey guys. Thought I'd drop in just to say I've been playing this at my friends house (He got an advanced copy somehow =/) and I decided I would be playing Sinestro when he was announced. Well at this point I'm glad because he is amazing!
Not going to post anything major as I don't want to be told off by mods.
However I will say his zoning game is pretty damn good but his combo's leave a bit to be desired (I'm putting that down to him being a zoner though). I've got up to 38% no meter with the super making it 44% (Not worth getting 1.5% per bar unless you're styling). A few of his strings push to full screen to start up the zoning again which is real nice.
I think the best thing about him so far is that there is a use for every one of his specials. Be it in combo's or part of his zoning kit, everything "Feels" useful. We've all played games and characters where you can pick out a move that is just a waste of a move or very situational.
At this moment I don't know how good he's going to be against some of the more mobile characters (Raven for example) but all in all he feels solid.
One last thing - I'm going to assume most, if not all, of people here have seen the videos with him in or seen his move list. Well his J.1 crosses up quite well but if you add in the air move where he pulls the axe out of the ground it becomes real dirty. Hitting on one side with the J.1 then using the axepull (Which makes him safe) after a slight delay on the other side requires some quick blocking and can be mixed up to hit on the same side.
Hope none of this is against the rules since the game isn't out yet and I hope it is informative to those who are interested in the character (Even if I didn't post anything real useful :))

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I hope he's more of a rushdown type while Hal is a keep away zoner type.

Really makes them opposites.

I wonder what his alt will be?

A green lantern corps costume or his classic blue?

I hope they give him his classic blue, but make it as close the DCAU Sinestro as possible, IMO that Sinestro looks the coolest, even compared to his multiple designs in comics and other media.

So simple, yet sinister(lol).

I also like Sinestro with a brighter red, scarlet colored skin instead of just red or pale red.
at first i thought it was the red thing from powerpuff girls which raped the eyes of many children