What's new

General/Other Instill Great Fear -- Sinestro General Discussion Thread

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
as part of the TYM Illuminati/Injustice Nazi Watchdogs, I'll be moderating around here...

BUT!

I'll let you guys have a say what you want to be stickied, merged, closed and what not.

I will however, close/mod threads that are:

copies of other threads essentially, threads that don't deserve their own thread but rather a post somewhere else, and rule breaking threads.

Pig Of The Hut since you're already a vocal Sinestro main, do you agree with this stuff?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
as part of the TYM Illuminati/Injustice Nazi Watchdogs, I'll be moderating around here...

BUT!

I'll let you guys have a say what you want to be stickied, merged, closed and what not.

I will however, close/mod threads that are:

copies of other threads essentially, threads that don't deserve their own thread but rather a post somewhere else, and rule breaking threads.

Pig Of The Hut since you're already a vocal Sinestro main, do you agree with this stuff?
just leave my sinestro threads alone and we cool :)

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Just wanted to chime in on Sinestro. I seriously hope his character trait is not that turret, because while it seems immensely useful for juggling and getting pressure off you, it is far too slow. Kind of like Quan Chis skull hand move. Ideally, if it is the move, they need to allow it to be guaranteed. Maybe if you burn meter on the move where he binds the person, he can pull it off. Or, he somehow builds 'fear meter' as his trait, and its animation is quicker. Sort of how the Joker gets faster if he parries.

On his gameplay, he looks like he probably has the longest meterless combos to me. Most characters need meter to wall bounce/make a special extend their combo. Sinestro naturally has launchers, his axe, his spider legs, his underground spike and of course, his bind.

I'd guess he is a defensive character, with long high damageing combos since he didn't move very fast nor did he have great zoning.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sinestro is like a dhalsim kenshi hybrid, has a overhead rock, projectile that u can delay. Mad damage full screen.

Sinestro is like a dhalsim/kenshi hybrid that does mad damage at full screen and has sfxt Dudley overhead (safe on block) lol
Up close he also has a dudley style 3s overhead that is safe on block. Lol sinestro
Some tweets about Sinestro from Arturo

Shady

Noob
Words cannot describe how happy I am that Sinestro is in the game. He has been my favorite DC villain for a long time.

From what Arturo said, the characters in this game are very uniquely designed and all play differently, and it has me excited. From the Battle Arena and the tweets I'd say the play style fits the character. Slow, deliberate, calculating and ruthless. I'm very excited to see where it goes from here. I'm all ready to go.

Obviously I've been in the corps since the announcement

Sinestro is looking good cant wait to see some more gameplay. Who else are people looking forward to trying? Also anyone got any idea's on what alts we could see for sinestro? i'm a little gutted we done get blackest night costumes for hal and sinestro thought they would have made it into the pack perhaps white lantern costumes but might not have fitted with their playstyles to well. :(

sinestro has 3 costumes currently, regular, magnestro (he has a helmet), and apparently yellow hal jordan, i would like a blue and black classic outfit and maybe that alien yellow lantern chick.

sinestro has 3 costumes currently, regular, magnestro (he has a helmet), and apparently yellow hal jordan, i would like a blue and black classic outfit and maybe that alien yellow lantern chick.
Magnestro looks cool i cant wait to see the in game render with diffuse maps and such on it :). Ah yes ive seen yellow hal in the trailers. Be interesting to have him as a sinesto alt i'll most likely use magnestro thou the clay render looks really clean.

if he gets a classic outfit i think that's the one i would use for him, if not then maybe magnestro or halnestro, damn all of his costumes look cool to me.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
if he gets a classic outfit i think that's the one i would use for him, if not then maybe magnestro or halnestro, damn all of his costumes look cool to me.
Seriously doubting that yellow Hal is a Sinestro alt. Rings powers are controlled by thought and Hal just doesn't think like Sinestro does. If yellow Hal was a Sinestro alt, that'd be cheap, lazy, confusing and stupid.

Also, I doubt Sinestro is a "stronger form" of green lantern since they play so differently. I can see him being a better character but that wording makes it sound like they're clone characters.

I doubt they would intentionally make sinestro stronger than GL. They will want balence if anything, his playstyle is different as well. Hopefully they'll balence characters based on rest of roster and maps rather than going oh sinestro will be better than GL.

Seriously doubting that yellow Hal is a Sinestro alt. Rings powers are controlled by thought and Hal just doesn't think like Sinestro does. If yellow Hal was a Sinestro alt, that'd be cheap, lazy, confusing and stupid.

Also, I doubt Sinestro is a "stronger form" of green lantern since they play so differently. I can see him being a better character but that wording makes it sound like they're clone characters.
what if sinestro hal is sinestro on a disguise? i don't think hal would switch the ring to the left hand just to look evil.