What's new

Injustice: The True Top 10 Characters based off of tournament results by P2W (NA edition)

badb

Noob
you cannot argue with objective results... sorry guys
1) You didn't smooth out pre/post nerfs like scorpion's domination of CEO - no significance given to iterations.
2) The numbers don't add up to 40 as there are more characters in the top 8 due to counter picking - no weight assignments to frequency
3) Failed to consider players elo or skill level or whatever, the assumption of equal skill is flawed and needs to be smoothed.
4) Failed to consider player elo with frequency of attendance as variables - Green arrow.

Then the results would more more objective, maybe increasing it to top 16 analysis would help as well.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
This really should not be called "The True Top 10's". Some people see tier lists as a theoretical power ranking of characters without human error or bias. Others see tier lists purely as as a result of tournament experiences and derive the matchups from events like the best KF playing the best Superman a certain amount of times to get the numbers.

Green Arrow and Sinestro will be hotly debated in this current list, as many will say that they are outliers arising from player vs character discrepancies or character popularity differences.

You should rename it to "Top 10 characters based on tournament results" or something similar

but your arguing with objective results? stop taking it personal lol
Your list is subjective because you are asserting that tournament results correlate perfectly with a tier list, which they don't. Here is how to beat your list, if you would only listen: a great bane player will beat a good black adam player. It may go 9-1 in favor of bane, but that doesn't mean bane is a better character than black adam. Therefore, a tier list cannot be made solely on information gathered by comparing differently skilled players.

but this is not based off casuals man, this is based off of tournament results... nothing more. i get your point but that is not what im saying.
It doesn't matter if it's tournament or casuals, the players in the tournaments have skill gaps as well as specific strategies they use to defeat specific opponents, which of course taints the results.

The only way you can really devise a tier list off of a tournament is to have a highly skilled computer fight itself in a tournament, and use only the best strategies, and never make mistakes (which a computer wouldn't). Having humans fight in a tournament won't work.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
this game was out 4 months and with this "objective " top ten, lets take an objective approach with this. how many kabals were there in any top 8 4 months into the game? how about cyrax? sonya? yet we can tell you who the best character ended up being, which is subjective. taking into account that patches have came out and the big one that will come out in a few weeks, along with the game is still being played 2/3 for god knows what reason, which may skew the results + players that are better than others that use a character that is not considered top 10. for example GA and chris G, has there even been a GA player to make it out of pools not named chris g at a major yet? my point is objectivity without subjectivity is just plain dumb and never works for these kinds of things.

imagine if i do this for 2 years and keep it updated... will it still be meaningless?
Yes, it would be. The list is broken, Green Arrow isn't top tier like tournament results suggest. Black Adam isn't #1, I've never even met a black adam that can beat me in ranked, he's too punishable on dive kick and easily zoned out by superman. And only chris g is great with arrow, no one else, which is proof enough to show you that youre list is wrong.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
this list will be updated after every major. u, and a lot of other trolls, are taking this to seriously. this site is seriously a joke sometimes. u guys want something to bitch about so here ya go... i will keep this list updated.

this is to just highlight what is going on after 5 majors. and u guys think its meaningless? stay on your couch or keep complaining about controllers
yeah well when you name it the P2W "true" top 10 you are more than likely going to get a reaction, especially when you also overreact to everyone responses. does your true top 10 really matter to you that much that it seems you go out of your way to prove its legitimacy? all i said was you an make a purely objective top 10, but try to re word what you are saying a little better for next time, and that with this kind of stuff you need to be a little subjective when naming the top ten characters. oh and if you are trying to make a jab about me and my controller issues just let me know because i want to be objective about it and not assume you were trying to diss me.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
REO brought Nightwing out at ECT vs Tom Brady like Chris G brought Nightwing out at NLBC vs Rico Sauve.

Both tried to use a single, gimmicky aspect of the character. Both lost because of it.

Pulling a character out in Top 8 for no other reason than they are already mentally guard broken - is not representing the character, it's getting mindfucked, pulling shit out of your ass and still losing.