What's new

Injustice Middle East Tournament - Gameplay Archives

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If thats the case then there are no true grapplers in this game. Isn't the whole point of a grappler to be dangerous up close with unblockable grabs? i was really excited to see NRS introduce grapplers but it seems they don't know how to properly implement them.
Whoa, whoa. This is a half year old build, Grundy had not even been fully implemented yet.

Do not expect the tech, strings, hit properties etc. from any NYCC-build videos to apply to the release version of the game. This stuff is months old.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Also the Hall of Justice level seems to be post-Regime, Batman's broken mask is in a trophy case at 2:53.

Edit: This might mean that Doomsday is under control/imprisonment of the Regime/Superman, as he is in the background of the Fortress of Solitude level, if it too is post-Regime...

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Oh my hell I just reached Cyborg vs. Cyborg this shit is hilarious!

Although there seems to be no colour change/auto alt for same character in the early build...

trufenix

bye felicia
Here's hoping they made Grundy's grabs unblockable after this.
He has at least two (grounded) command grabs, one is and one isn't. The blockable one moves hella forward hits out of the air, and has retarded armor. The other I think is his gimmick, and has kinda shit range. Both of them can be used to set up his combos / multithrows tho.

Still, year old footage build is a year old.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
He has at least two (grounded) command grabs, one is and one isn't. The blockable one moves hella forward hits out of the air, and has retarded armor. The other I think is his gimmick, and has kinda shit range. Both of them can be used to set up his combos / multithrows tho.

Still, year old footage build is a year old.
This is exactly why they need to release some up to date footage. Hopefully it'll be soon or people may be forming views based on outdated info.

trufenix

bye felicia
This is exactly why they need to release some up to date footage. Hopefully it'll be soon or people may be forming views based on outdated info.
Anybody who actually makes a decision that a game is broken or not before it even comes out is beyond help. No amount of footage is going to fix that.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
na we just got to wait for you guys to go to i48 and say if he has unblockable grabs or not

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Anybody who actually makes a decision that a game is broken or not before it even comes out is beyond help. No amount of footage is going to fix that.
I'm not saying it will stop people making a decision, I'm just pointing out that its a bit of a shame that its come to digging up gameplay info from an attract sequence that was essentially leaked from some random event in the middle east, with only 5 ish weeks to go. Its quite likely that many parts of the game have been improved, from graphics, backgrounds to animation etc.

Don't get me wrong, the weekly battles etc are nice but I just want to see actual footage now, with huds, damage, music, blocking and less of the abstract camera angles they seem to love.

It certainly hasn't put me off, I just think the secrecy has been taken a little far.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm not saying it will stop people making a decision, I'm just pointing out that its a bit of a shame that its come to digging up gameplay info from an attract sequence that was essentially leaked from some random event in the middle east, with only 5 ish weeks to go. Its quite likely that many parts of the game have been improved, from graphics, backgrounds to animation etc.

Don't get me wrong, the weekly battles etc are nice but I just want to see actual footage now, with huds, damage, music, blocking and less of the abstract camera angles they seem to love.

It certainly hasn't put me off, I just think the secrecy has been taken a little far.
well I've said it before, we all (and I do mean ALL, at some point or another) bitched about it. Every site, every forum, every fan. But here were are, on the final stretch, still stalking their twitters, debating everything, and begging for more.

You say its a shame but it doesn't change the fact that it worked. Capcom pranced Marvel and SFxT around like whores on 6th street, let everyone sniff up their skirts, and even put on a television show, yet people dogged them from day one. NRS pretended their fans didn't even exist for half a year, and they have higher preorders than Tekken Tag 2 had sales.

If anyone is to blame for our treatment, its us. The game will be out in a month, wether it sucks or not. There's no point in them showing us what it can do now.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

They've been revealing stuff in a flood in the last months to have the hype at maximum for this stuff near launch rather than to let it cool down over a period of months before release. It worked for MK9. As exciting as MVC3's buildup was it sadly flopped on the market and so did its sequel. Those games also tried to compete with stuff they shouldn't have and the sequel came out less than a year from the original though so you can't really blame the buildup for those numbers. However, if what you did worked last time then why copy the guys that failed this time?

Hell SFxTekken had two major franchises, a reality show, reveals and a ton of publicity and its the worst flop ever because it showed too much. Folks knew about pandora cons and gems that were busted along with 12 dlc cast coming to the handheld BEFORE the game launched. Their everything out in the open, make everyone a part of this game before launch thing killed it off. Folks knew all the bad and dodged it never finding out any of the good.

Besides theyve been giving folks character reveals and combos. Defensive play only excites FGC and we know we're niche. We got the frame data in game so dont worry we'll KNOW all about priorities and punishes when this launches.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'm not knocking their marketing strategy. Its clear they're doing an excellent job of it. Hey my pre-order went in a month ago. :)

I just find it a little bizarre that its come to getting our info from an outdated attract sequence. Nothing more, nothing less.

trufenix

bye felicia
I just find it a little bizarre that its come to getting our info from an outdated attract sequence. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think NRS has learned is that it doesn't matter what they say or show about the gameplay nobody will accept until they have it in their hands.

Also keep in mind, we were never supposed to see this, or that russian tourney, or even the Kayane stuff. WB Europe is the one handing out the 6 month old build we keep seeing.

Whoa, whoa. This is a half year old build, Grundy had not even been fully implemented yet.

Do not expect the tech, strings, hit properties etc. from any NYCC-build videos to apply to the release version of the game. This stuff is months old.
Ah thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that this gameplay footage is outdated, Thought this was a recent build

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
I think NRS has learned is that it doesn't matter what they say or show about the gameplay nobody will accept until they have it in their hands.

Also keep in mind, we were never supposed to see this, or that russian tourney, or even the Kayane stuff. WB Europe is the one handing out the 6 month old build we keep seeing.
Yeah, that's true. Technically, we shouldn't have seen any demo build since Green Arrow and Catwoman were revealed.

Does anyone have footage of the Clash System from the early days, I don't know why, it seems faster and less annoying in this footage, I like it.

I'm not knocking their marketing strategy. Its clear they're doing an excellent job of it. Hey my pre-order went in a month ago. :)

I agree to a degree. As far as modes and characters I get the strategy of slowly releasing stuff. But at this point we really should know more about how the game works.

trufenix

bye felicia
I agree to a degree. As far as modes and characters I get the strategy of slowly releasing stuff. But at this point we really should know more about how the game works.
What don't we know, though? We know the button layout, we know the combo structure, we know how the environments and supers and EX moves work. Wek no blocking, and cross ups, and even trades. We know how Clash works now, and we even have a pretty good understanding of the dash cancels and what not.

All most people are really begging for is visual evidence to calm the rumbly tumblies in their guts and to see more of the game in general, unless you can honestly say there's a legitimate gameplay concern that you don't understand?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Could someone gif out the Cyborg vs Cyborg sequence with their projectiles passing through one another. Thats a pretty BIG reveal that projectiles don't cancel out and I'd like to spread it to other forums.

What don't we know, though? We know the button layout, we know the combo structure, we know how the environments and supers and EX moves work. Wek no blocking, and cross ups, and even trades. We know how Clash works now, and we even have a pretty good understanding of the dash cancels and what not.

All most people are really begging for is visual evidence to calm the rumbly tumblies in their guts and to see more of the game in general, unless you can honestly say there's a legitimate gameplay concern that you don't understand?
yeah. We haven't seen a lot. Granted some of this may be known so feel free to let me know...

How does the Pushback system work in an actual game? We haven't seen it once to my knowledge.

Do stage transitions have armor as some think, does it cost more meter?

Is the rumored "one more cancel" feature from other games actually n? We've heard speculation but I've not seen any confirmation or denial.

I've heard it's a traditional light to medium to heavy linking combo system, and I've heard it's traditional mk style strings, which is what it looks to me but I dont know.

How are throws teched? Is it like mk, or other fighters?

If I use sf inputs can I do a qcf motion from crouch without returning to neutral, mk style you can't

Do all supers have armor? Are they all super armor? Is the armor on startup, on finish etc.

What exactly determine if a move/string has chip damage? They vaguely mentioned chip is either not universal or at least varies dependent on the move.

Doi automatically have a clash available after losing my first health bar or do I need a certain amount of meter?

Are there universal moves like sweeps, uppercuts etc.?

We still aren't clear on a lot of the traits and how they are actually implemented, I.e. Grundy, superman, green lantern etc.

What frame data is included in the game exactly? Why can't they just let us know that?

Are here physical hit trades, unlike mk where p1 always has the advantage?

Is there a cap on damage as some speculate based on some random vague quote from somewhere?

Months ago ppl thought not only could you use the "one more cancel(I know that's not he name but that's what is was in persona)" to return specials and strings to neutral but could be used as a breaker as in persona, is that in the game?

Some specials look chargeable, does that mean they can be canceled? If so how?

And #1, he most important...please tell us game spy is not touching this game...haha

I realize some of this may have been answered, and I know some has been speculated on through videos, but I feel a month out we should not have questions like these regarding how the fundamentals of the game operate.

Could someone gif out the Cyborg vs Cyborg sequence with their projectiles passing through one another. Thats a pretty BIG reveal that projectiles don't cancel out and I'd like to spread it to other forums.
this is another example of things that should have been known by now. We shouldn't have to find vital gameplay functions such as this from an attract mode recording of an ancient build of the game a month away from launch.

yeah. We haven't seen a lot. Granted some of this may be known so feel free to let me know...

How does the Pushback system work in an actual game? We haven't seen it once to my knowledge.

Play Marvel.

Yes, costs 2 bars.

Is the rumored "one more cancel" feature from other games actually n? We've heard speculation but I've not seen any confirmation or denial.

Only some characters have certain strings that can be canceled. It's not universal.

I've heard it's a traditional light to medium to heavy linking combo system, and I've heard it's traditional mk style strings, which is what it looks to me but I dont know.

There are no links. It's Light Medium Hard chain combo system, that has way more free style options than MK.

I don't even...

If I use sf inputs can I do a qcf motion from crouch without returning to neutral, mk style you can't

Yeah, you don't have to return to 5.

Do all supers have armor? Are they all super armor? Is the armor on startup, on finish etc.

All supers have couple frames of armor on start up.

What exactly determine if a move/string has chip damage? They vaguely mentioned chip is either not universal or at least varies dependent on the move.

Chip is not universal, it's dependent on the string and will have variations.

Doi automatically have a clash available after losing my first health bar or do I need a certain amount of meter?

Looks like you'll have it available.

This isn't that important right now

We still aren't clear on a lot of the traits and how they are actually implemented, I.e. Grundy, superman, green lantern etc.

What frame data is included in the game exactly? Why can't they just let us know that?

They did. Start Up, Recovery, Hit/Block, Cancel is said to be implemented too.

Yes

Is there a cap on damage as some speculate based on some random vague quote from somewhere?

Months ago ppl thought not only could you use the "one more cancel(I know that's not he name but that's what is was in persona)" to return specials and strings to neutral but could be used as a breaker as in persona, is that in the game?

And #1, he most important...please tell us game spy is not touching this game...haha

Everything you just asked is kind of useless at heart if you're using such minute mechanics online, because things change online regardless.

I realize some of this may have been answered, and I know some has been speculated on through videos, but I feel a month out we should not have questions like these regarding how the fundamentals of the game operate.
Some of your questions are so basic, no offense but nearly most of your questions don't even need an explanation, they work how they work in every other FG to use the mechanic, it's not like NRS created the mechanic, they already exist, and we're just seeing it implemented in Injustice: Gods Among Us now.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Treadmill
From what I gathered around these boards it costs meter, pushblock is in Skullgirls and Mahvel.

Some do have armor, look at the Shazam vs Flash video for example.

I heard it was in.

It's MK style strings.

There is a throw button IIRC

Unknown at this point.

Unknown at this point, some do, like superman's for example.

Unknown at this point

From what I remember, you have to lose your first health bar. However, the videos here don't show people losing their first health bar and initiate clash. No meter is required but you're limited to ONE clash.

Probably. Sweeps are almost always included in every game.

That does suck :(

iirc, duration, startup and advantage on hit/block. I might be wrong and it just might be startup

There are trades

No idea. First time I heard of that

Persona has two types of "Once More" attacks. The first one is the "roman"/one more cancel which you can do anytime if you have meter for it which essentially cancels out an attacks recovery animation. The second one is the One More Burst. This one uses your "burst" aka breaker and it could be done while youre getting hit to break a combo or while you're doing a combo to extend it. Two different mechanics with the function of extending combos but using different resources/types of meter.

tl;dr No, youre thinking of a different mechanic

No idea since there isn't a block button. Some charged moves let you move around (green arrow) so idk if back can be used to cancel it...maybe dashes?

thats all I can remember at this moment