What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us -- Who will you "Main" Thread

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I'm personally going to go Sinestro, hes just awesome, in the comics and in his general powers. Plus his playstyle sound great.

Green Arrow is a second for me, he looks very solid and I love his voice actor, and I need a hero!

Black Adam is my third, he looks aesthetically the best. Not quite sold on his gameplay yet though.

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
<--- Check the avatar. If his play style doesn't quite fit mine, Doomsday looks about right.

It's funny how you have so many people pick a "main" yet they don't even know the background of the character or anything about them, and that they'll get blown up by the true "mains" and drop them. *cough* Ares Mains *cough*

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
you can change mine I had said Nightwing before I knew Deathstroke was in the game Nightwing will still be my alt though

tazzmission

Banned
: lets out sigh:

tough for me because im digging alot of them

i guess my 5 will be

1. black adam

2. green lantern

3. sinestro

4. green arrow

5. raven

It's funny how you have so many people pick a "main" yet they don't even know the background of the character or anything about them, and that they'll get blown up by the true "mains" and drop them. *cough* Ares Mains *cough*
I don't know squat about nightwings history, or catwoman. I just know they look badass and I enjoy how they play. Most people who will play this competitively will use a character they mesh well with on a gameplay level, not because the grew up reading their books.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Too many awesome characters but ill go with either Ares or Deathstroke. Still open to a lot of the other characters tho, have to see who im the best with! lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You don't need to know the background of the character. This isn't some role playing bullshit. This is a fighting game.

You don't need to know the background of the character. This isn't some role playing bullshit. This is a fighting game.
It's not roleplay.. You know a dedicated main when you see one. That's all i'm saying.

Same thing happened when MK came out. Beyond countable amounts of kids dropping their "mains."

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's not roleplay.. You know a dedicated main when you see one. That's all i'm saying.

Same thing happened when MK came out. Beyond countable amounts of kids dropping their "mains."
I will drop my main 100 times over if they're not getting the job done. But I play to win, I have no loyalty to shitty characters.

I will drop my main 100 times over if they're not getting the job done. But I play to win, I have no loyalty to shitty characters.
So you're Tier-based. Understandable (yet an annoying factor that exists in fighting games) if you're playing tournaments.
But if you're a lower tier it requires more skill to defeat a higher tier. You're at a disadvantage and if you win, it's like winning more than once. (if you get my logic) Thus even if you lose, you're still the true winner. Like Evo 2012 Perfect Legend and Cd Jr. I respect Cd way more for using rain. And if you're playing to win, you shouldn't call the character your main, it should be "Person i'm using in this game. For now."

Oh and like you said they'll be buffing all the "shitty" characters so no need to hop on the top tiers as soon as a list comes out.

RossSaiohken

Edward of the Storm Lands.
Since this is the first fighting game I'm gonna seriously try with, my play style could probably be adjusted to any character. So, I'll probably try characters I like.

Nightwing. Deathstroke. Superman.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So you're Tier-based. Understandable (yet an annoying factor that exists in fighting games) if you're playing tournaments.
But if you're a lower tier it requires more skill to defeat a higher tier. You're at a disadvantage and if you win, it's like winning more than once. (if you get my logic) Thus even if you lose, you're still the true winner. Like Evo 2012 Perfect Legend and Cd Jr. I respect Cd way more for using rain. And if you're playing to win, you shouldn't call the character your main, it should be "Person i'm using in this game. For now."

Oh and like you said they'll be buffing all the "shitty" characters so no need to hop on the top tiers as soon as a list comes out.
The only "true winner", is the one that actually won. Sure, winning with lower tiered characters is harder. But that's a handicap you put on yourself by your own personal choice. You don't have to use low tiers and by the logic of "even if you lose you're still the winner", it's like you would purposely use a low tier character so it's a win-win in your eyes. If you win, you won with a low tier, if you lose, oh well you used low tier anyway so YOU didn't really lose, your character did. It's a horrible cop-out I see all the time and it disgusts me.

I have no problem with people using "unique" characters or being character loyalists. I just don't want to hear complaining that you use low tier, or how MY character is broken. No one is forcing you to play any character, so I don't want to hear you whine when I beat the shit out of you.

Just sayin'.

BrokenAngels00

Longtime Lurker
I'm planning on maining Bane. I don't care if he has 1-9 matchups or 9-1 matchups all across the board; he's my favorite character in this game (considering Beast Boy isn't in it); I'll be playing Bane whether he's SS+ or E-