What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us -- Who will you "Main" Thread

The only "true winner", is the one that actually won. Sure, winning with lower tiered characters is harder. But that's a handicap you put on yourself by your own personal choice. You don't have to use low tiers and by the logic of "even if you lose you're still the winner", it's like you would purposely use a low tier character so it's a win-win in your eyes. If you win, you won with a low tier, if you lose, oh well you used low tier anyway so YOU didn't really lose, your character did. It's a horrible cop-out I see all the time and it disgusts me.

I have no problem with people using "unique" characters or being character loyalists. I just don't want to hear complaining that you use low tier, or how MY character is broken. No one is forcing you to play any character, so I don't want to hear you whine when I beat the shit out of you.

Just sayin'.
Who's whining and who's beating me? (you said "you" so i'm assuming you're talking to me.)

First off, I don't want to go off topic on this thread.
But let's say that the low tier was your main from the start and you didn't pick it so it's a win-win to your eyes. You just don't want to resort to using top tiers because they're "better." Seriously, if they're better what's the point of having other characters in the game? And if you put yourself in a "handicap" by picking a lower tier and end up winning, then that means the loser is pretty garbage, no? Another interesting thing is that players that always stick to top tiers never win anything with lower tiers. But wait, since they're SO GOOD and they're the winners all the time.. why can't they use lower tiers to win?

Another thing is, let's say you get lucky and your main from the start is a top tier, and my main isn't: "No one is forcing you to play any character" Well actually yes, yes they are. If i don't use a tier that's equal to yours then I'm at a disadvantage. And why should I be the one to change my main and learn a higher tier just because you are. If tournaments are all about being fair.. then it shouldn't have to be like that. I'm not completely anti-top tier, if my main from the beginning is a top tier then so be it.

We can PM if you still want to continue this.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's true. And I've actually witnessed Juggs main "Google" during an IRC trivia session. He's that SHAMELESS.
Play to win at all costs! :REO

We can PM if you still want to continue this.
I'll probably make a thread about it. When it comes to high level, playing to win stuff, I have a lot to say and I want other people to give their opinions on it. But you're right, this isn't necessarily the right thread for this discussion.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
To be honest, playing top tier only really matters if you play tournys. If you play for fun, then anyones game.

There, you're both right. We're all winners!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah, I'd like to wait for Ares and Killer Frost before saying anything definitive, but all signs are pointing to Black Adam being my character.

Main? Hmm too many characters I like but for now it might be Green Lantern, Sinestro or Green Arrow... or maybe Flash, Aquaman, Nightwing...... Oh there's Harley and Cyborg.......Raven......Shazam......... Black Adam...................Yep don't have one and we have yet tot see Killer Frost and Ares.