What's new

Injustice 2 Character Confirmations - Release Roster Complete!

trufenix

bye felicia
That's the whole point. You guys say "oh you're just assuming WoWo will be in" and then turn around and put Ra's on the list. Kinda hard to acknowledge your side of the argument when it's full of contradictions.
I originally felt as you do, and I still don't like the expression "soft confirm" but after some thought I look at it like this. There's a voice in the trailer, it undoubtedly belongs to a character in the game. It does not appear to belong to any one else already confirmed. Ergo, it points to Ra's inclusion. Similarly, there is a "Cold Gun" looking object in the trailer labelled with the name Captain Cold. It appears in a series of objects that belong to other characters in the game. Ergo, It points to Captain Cold's inclusion. That, for what its worth, is a soft confirm.

The evidence presented for WW or really anyone else are based on evidence presented outside of the scope of anything official. Thus they should be (at this stage) considered less than even soft-confirmed.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
"Soft-confirm" in this context is a made up term that contradicts itself. There are no "you're wrong a soft-confirm is..." - you guys literally made the term up in this thread lmao.

Requiring evidence directly pertaining to the game in order for you guys to deem it a "soft-confirm" seems completely and utterly redundant. At the most basic level a soft-confirm should be a character that - although hasn't been officially confirmed - is incredibly likely to be in the game for whatever reason, to the point that they are effectively but not officially confirmed. Does WoWo not fit this description? Yes or nah?

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
"Soft-confirm" in this context is a made up term that contradicts itself. There are no "you're wrong a soft-confirm is..." - you guys literally made the term up in this thread lmao.

Requiring evidence directly pertaining to the game in order for you guys to deem it a "soft-confirm" seems completely and utterly redundant. At the most basic level a soft-confirm should be a character that - although hasn't been officially confirmed - is incredibly likely to be in the game for whatever reason, to the point that they are effectively but not officially confirmed. Does WoWo not fit this description? Yes or nah?
Exactly, it is a made-up term, and the one who made it up has already explained what it means. In that context, WW doesnt meet the requirements to be soft-confirmed, even though everyone knows she is going to be in. And as you said, there is no "you are wrong, a soft confirm is..." so...

KCJ506

Noob
Iirc, Ed did an interview with Game Informer when Bane and Lex were revealed for IGAU. He said you can't have a DC game without Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor and The Joker.
I remember that interview

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/17/netherrealms-ed-boon-moving-beyond-mortal-kombat-hints-on-injustice-dlc-and-life-after-midway.aspx?PostPageIndex=2&PageIndex=2

We weren't going to have a DC game without Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman. You have to have Luthor, you have to have Joker. All these guys. That kind of fills up 60 - 75% of the cast. And then you start getting into the more obscure ones like Penguin, Lobo, and other ones like that. It becomes more about which ones we can fit into the story, which ones DC wants.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Gee wow would you look at that. Guess it's time to add Luthor, Joker and Green Lantern to the list as well as WoWo huh?

trufenix

bye felicia
Why don't we all just make our own confirmed character threads and vote on who did it best?

We can have fun categories like best application of the word confirmed, most effective listing style and ratio of posts about characters to posts about posts about characters.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I hope there are some Alex Ross inspired costumes. He's even already done the armor thing!

Not to mention just his standard villain designs...

I've never given a single wet shit about Cheetah, but damn if that pic doesn't make me want her in the game.

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Why don't we all just make our own confirmed character threads and vote on who did it best?

We can have fun categories like best application of the word confirmed, most effective listing style and ratio of posts about characters to posts about posts about characters.
That is the only logical way to go

Wonder Woman is THE female face of DC, of course she has a 100% guaranteed spot here!!

All I want is Wonder Woman, Enchantress, Zatanna, Black Canary, Poison Ivy, Hawkgirl, Supergirl (yaaaay), Star Sapphire, Starfire nd Catwoman.

I WANT MORE THAN JUST 8 FEMALES THIS TIME AROUND!! I think it's time to stop gender discrimination. :DOGE
What about my girl vixen?

I hope there are some Alex Ross inspired costumes. He's even already done the armor thing!

Not to mention just his standard villain designs...

I've never given a single wet shit about Cheetah, but damn if that pic doesn't make me want her in the game.
The wet shit line cracked me up.