What's new

Improving Scorpion

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Scorpion doesn't need a buff. It's just the majority of Scorpion players play him horribly wrong. 90% of the Scorpions I play mindlessly mash 1 followed by leg sweeps, teleports which I punish, full screen spears which I punish and hellfires which I punish.

When used intelligently, he's very formidable, but man...I wish there were more GOOD Scorpion players out there.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
LoL every one of you in this thread need to play me
I think we don’t need to go that far. I encourage everyone saying that Scorp is competitive enough: just show at the majors/any streamed tournaments, win it or at least get placed high enough to be noticed using exclusively Scorpion.

As it is main anti Scorpion argument still stands: there aren't any Scorpions at the tourneys, even in decent level casuals I rarely see him.

Instant jump fireball characters like Kitana, Mileena, Kabal and Liu Kang is where Scorpion loses the projectile battle since they're never on the ground...which points to his worst match-ups.

Simple: Since you know that they will instant fireball, just time it right and EX spear them. For the people that do not know, EX armor has a hit of armor. So if he/she instant jump fireball you and you time the EX spear right, free combo for you. Problem solved.

i make baraka look like kung lao.
Then please post some match videos in the Baraka thread for the edification of the community.

Scorpion doesn't need a buff. It's just the majority of Scorpion players play him horribly wrong. 90% of the Scorpions I play mindlessly mash 1 followed by leg sweeps, teleports which I punish, full screen spears which I punish and hellfires which I punish.

When used intelligently, he's very formidable, but man...I wish there were more GOOD Scorpion players out there.
Exactly! How many Scorpions do you see using f+4, spear, or using EX spear to stuff a projectile instead of predictably trying to teleport (into a block and full combo)?

I played maybe one really good one and a lot of the combos he used were 50/50 so if your not making good use of the leg take down, his over head, getting your opponent to take risks with hellfire pressure your not using him right.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Scorp's fine, only thing I'd buff on him is the start up frame speed on his teleport. It's very slow actually compared to say Smoke or Ermac's among other characters but it's not necessary to buff him.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
:en Teleport is a safer option because you wont take damage from the projectile & you get frame adavtage on block
EX Spear leads to a combo though :p

Anyhow, now that I've reset both of my pads and bought [insert controller endorsement], I'm going to try giving Scorpion a second chance now that my controllers don't have any input lag.

iWumbo

Noob
Out of the 981732945649562 Scorpions that I've played, roughly (and boy, do I mean roughly) 2 of them actually knew another combo other than 1,1,1.

It's a real shame how attractive Scorpion is to scrubs, despite the fact that he isn't a strong character tier-wise. Oh well, free wins for me.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
Out of the 981732945649562 Scorpions that I've played, roughly (and boy, do I mean roughly) 2 of them actually knew another combo other than 1,1,1.

And what can we conclude out of this:
1. Most people play for fun, don’t visit forums and like Scorpion.
2. People who actually know the game and generally good at fightings DO NOT play/main Scorpion for obvious reasons.

Do we really need this discussion? Is it that unapparent that Scorp needs something going for him except :en telepunch which costs meter and gets stuffed by uppercuts and generic down anything moves?

And what can we conclude out of this:
1. Most people play for fun, don’t visit forums and like Scorpion.
2. People who actually know the game and generally good at fightings DO NOT play/main Scorpion for obvious reasons.

Do we really need this discussion? Is it that unapparent that Scorp needs something going for him except :en telepunch which costs meter and gets stuffed by uppercuts and generic down anything moves?
Scorpion, Sub-Zero & Reptile are all on the same tier in my book, w/ Reptile being the best & Sub-Zero the worst. Reptile is better because he has the most options of the 3 & Sub-Zero the worst because he has 1 safe string & he's limited on the outside for a "zoning" character & Scorpion beats Subz 8-1 in the pocket. Worst thing about Scorpion is he doesn't have a lot of options to escape corner pressure

Big whoop it cost meter but if blocked it can lead to 1 reset & 1 BnB which is a combination of about 71% damage

who do you main? I would love to play you on XBL :scorpion:

iWumbo

Noob
Scorpion, Sub-Zero & Reptile are all on the same tier in my book, w/ Reptile being the best & Sub-Zero the worst. Reptile is better because he has the most options of the 3 & Sub-Zero the worst because he has 1 safe string & he's limited on the outside for a "zoning" character & Scorpion beats Subz 8-1 in the pocket. [/SIZE]

WHAT?! You can't be serious...

I really hope you're joking, because everyone and their mom is aware that Sub-Zero is top tier, along with others like Kung Lao and Johnny.
Not only is Sub-Zero better than Reptile (although Reptile is close), he's FAR and BEYOND better than Scorpion.
Almost all of his strings are safe because they can be cancelled into Ice Clone on block (unless you do the wrong string out of ignorance), making him the strongest zoner in the game. He controls the entire tempo of the match.

Scorpion beats Sub-Zero 8-1 lol...that made my day.
Just another coin in the Brainless Jar.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Sub and Reptile are better than Scorp...Sub is the best of those 3.

listen dude instead of talking stats how about you get your ass on XBL & i'll show you Scorpion can easily beat Sub-Zero :)
in the pocket ALL of Scorpion's strings lead to Spear or Teleport & the Teleport leads to Spear which leads to 50/50 & resets
Scorpion's best place is in the pocket, which is also Sub-Zero's worst. Scorpion's 50/50 is much better then his.

people only think Sub-Zero is top tier because Tom Brady mains him BUT none of you stiffs are as good as Tom not even close, so I guess he's top tier ( when Tom uses him )

Sub and Reptile are better than Scorp...Sub is the best of those 3.
Still got Reptile as the best of the 3 IMO, because like he originally was in MK1, he is like a combo of the other 2. A strong zone game & good in the pocket gameplay. But at the end of the day it matters more who the player is behind the character & I'm sure you agree

iWumbo

Noob
listen dude instead of talking stats how about you get your ass on XBL & i'll show you Scorpion can easily beat Sub-Zero :)
in the pocket ALL of Scorpion's strings lead to Spear or Teleport & the Teleport leads to Spear which leads to 50/50 & resets
Scorpion's best place is in the pocket, which is also Sub-Zero's worst. Scorpion's 50/50 is much better then his.

people only think Sub-Zero is top tier because Tom Brady mains him BUT none of you stiffs are as good as Tom not even close, so I guess he's top tier ( when Tom uses him )
Sweet nublets...Tom Brady didn't make Sub-Zero top tier, he just showed us why he is top tier. Just because you fight a bunch of noobish Subz online and feel like a bawss cuz you beat them doesn't mean Scorpion is better.
If you're too blind to realize that Subz is in a different league than Scorpion, then I have nothing left to say to you.

Just play me then bro', my connection is 4 bars, the whole 9 :). Scorpion's key to victory is forcing Subz to jump then AA xx teleport, Spear reset followed by BnB. What's the use of learning the game if you wont fight bro'? Just 1 set best 2 out of 3? PLEASE?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Scorpion, Sub-Zero & Reptile are all on the same tier in my book, w/ Reptile being the best & Sub-Zero the worst. Reptile is better because he has the most options of the 3 & Sub-Zero the worst because he has 1 safe string & he's limited on the outside for a "zoning" character & Scorpion beats Subz 8-1 in the pocket. Worst thing about Scorpion is he doesn't have a lot of options to escape corner pressure

Big whoop it cost meter but if blocked it can lead to 1 reset & 1 BnB which is a combination of about 71% damage

who do you main? I would love to play you on XBL :scorpion:

Umm, out of those 3, Scorpion is by far the worst. Sub Zero, when played correctly (like TomBrady plays him) is the best with Reptile behind him.