What's new

I'm tired of fighting a HORDE of Scorpions and losing only because I play D'vorah!

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Put up some matches and let us see whats happening. But if you are tilting over it its never going to get better

Lun

proud TERF!
Tiers are only the true end all be all at the tournament level. Online you have only yourself or their ping to blame.

If the game was balanced, you would be right.

But this game isn't balanced, and there's such a tier discrepancy that it DOES afflict a lot of players, not just the pro ones. You're deluded if you don't know that - or, most likely, you haven't played a lot of the low tier characters yourself.

Last edited:

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I'll probably be the one person here that'll actually back @Lun on this one. She was able to beat the de facto leader of the Cassie community in @Vslayer (and someone whose Cassie skill I've seen firsthand) with her D'Vorah, so when it comes to talent, she's no slouch if she can do that with arguably the worst character in the game.
No disrespect to that person but I'm pretty sure Gross and Foxy are the leaders of the Cassie community. As in, the best Cassies.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
This is the scrubbiest thread on the internet. Someone send the entire OP to ScrubQuotes on Twitter

I'd expect nothing less than a total lack of perspective and self-awareness from a TERF though
No need to insult others!

Your comment brings absolutely nothing to the table

TC had to let some steam get off and that´s totally ok if she wants to do that here imo

Your getting lots of helpful sdvice, just pick a different character. If you need a break from scorpion, play some match sets vs people with other mains. Theres not much else you can do, thats how the game is at the moment. Scorpion is easy... dvorah is hard.

I myself play kung lao. He isnt the best, isnt the worst. But i just play to have fun and improve

Reactions: Lun

Lun

proud TERF!
I swear, the people here who completely miss the point are lucky they they don't main a below-bottom tier so they don't understand the issue. :p

SaltyPrime

More salt please.
No need to insult others!

Your comment brings absolutely nothing to the table

TC had to let some steam get off and that´s totally ok if she wants to do that here imo
Big oof right here. @Lun is a transphobe and it's perfectly fine to call her out like this. Also the fact that she made this thread is hilarious and satisfying.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
This thread makes me want to pick up D'vorah honestly lol. Reo demo'd some of her a while back and her trap setups looked interesting. Reminded me of Batman's trait bats.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'll probably be the one person here that'll actually back @Lun on this one. She was able to beat the de facto leader of the Cassie community in @Vslayer (and someone whose Cassie skill I've seen firsthand) with her D'Vorah, so when it comes to talent, she's no slouch if she can do that with arguably the worst character in the game.
Yeah, Lun is a good player. Getting frustrated is normal, people use and abuse the hell out of Scorpion's teleport because it's so easy to use. People are in here questioning her skill and it's disingenuous at best. Even if D'vorah has 2 mixup options, her buttons are a hell of a lot shittier and slower than Scorpions'.

Everyone here has no trouble saying D'vorah is low tier and the worst character in the game, but then they get mad when people say they're tired of fighting a high tier character because the MU is actually pretty hard? Seriously guys, if you're not helping her with the MU, you're just wasting your time and hers.

Raider

Noob
Another thing that is REALLY bothering me about D'Vorah is that 3 of her Crushing Blows are only available with that ability that adds 3 new strings and needs to be equipped. Plus requirements for Crushing Blows to trigger are more than stupid. D'Vorah needs to be fixed ASAP.

So if you don't have that ability equipped, which basically adds NOTHING to her gameplay, you are LOSING the access to 3 of her Crushing Blows, and we all know how important they are in this game, and how easy they are to trigger for some characters. This is just ridiculous.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yeah, Lun is a good player. Getting frustrated is normal, people use and abuse the hell out of Scorpion's teleport because it's so easy to use. People are in here questioning her skill and it's disingenuous at best. Even if D'vorah has 2 mixup options, her buttons are a hell of a lot shittier and slower than Scorpions'.

Everyone here has no trouble saying D'vorah is low tier and the worst character in the game, but then they get mad when people say they're tired of fighting a high tier character because the MU is actually pretty hard? Seriously guys, if you're not helping her with the MU, you're just wasting your time and hers.
good advice, my dear ! ;)

Lun's complaints have some reason, but, at this point the games is, there are only some solutions, until some miracle patch come in future and buff D'vorah :

-Avoid fighting Scorpion players online , declining/quiting every match that Scorpion appears (fuck off for the W/L ratio because of this)

-Keep playing Scorpion players, but, only for fun, in order to try to figure out better the match up

-Spend more time in lab training , training a lot against Scorpion AI or record Scorpion moves and try to find some way to struggle against dificulties

-Pick Scorpion , purposely, if your online opponent just picked him already, and play "fire against fire" , only to revenge yourself, hehe

-Try to learn other character well, that is good against Scorpion, and only use D'vorah if the other opponent picked up a diferent char than Scorpion

hehe ! :p

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
And a bonus
So Lun should be able to play her like SonicFox? That's crap and you know it. Seeing him play her may help, but Sonic is on a whole other skill level.
good advice, my dear ! ;)

Lun's complaints have some reason, but, at this point the games is, there are only some solutions, until some miracle patch come in future and buff D'vorah :

-Avoid fighting Scorpion players online , declining/quiting every match that Scorpion appears (fuck off for the W/L ratio because of this)

-Keep playing Scorpion players, but, only for fun, in order to try to figure out better the match up

-Spend more time in lab training , training a lot against Scorpion AI or record Scorpion moves and try to find some way to struggle against dificulties

-Pick Scorpion , purposely, if your online opponent just picked him already, and play "fire against fire" , only to revenge yourself, hehe

-Try to learn other character well, that is good against Scorpion, and only use D'vorah if the other opponent picked up a diferent char than Scorpion

hehe ! :p

Yup! All those are good viable options.

And you know, picking up Cassie is also a good option! ;)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I reckon some aggressive replies here derive from the salty thread title. Look..... I was salty. >.>
That's okay, I got a semi-decent Scorpion if you wanna play some games sometime. It may help. I can even play him like a scrub for you! Yolo teleport, yolo teleport, D2, D1 grab XD

Wigy

There it is...
Braindead top tiers so prevalent that I actually miss mk9 kabal.

It's not the ONLY reason you're loosing, but you need to be better than the other player if they're on erron scorpion or Sonya